Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

:help: OK, who's getting nervous?? I'm getting nervous. :help:

Maybe I've been reading too much bad stuff....and need to focus on those doing well.

Hi everyone,

I transferred the money from a CD into my checking today. I have to pay $6000.00 to cover the fills, nutritionist, all doctor appointments etc for 5 years. I am excited now...getting closer, and yet, seems so far. I have been just taking deep breaths when I start to "freak out". Anyway, I am glad I have all of you, as well as my family and wonderful partner to hold my hand too!

AAAAHHHHH!

Hi everyone,

I transferred the money from a CD into my checking today. I have to pay $6000.00 to cover the fills, nutritionist, all doctor appointments etc for 5 years.

Hmmm...that's a new one! I haven't heard of that before?! What happens if you move or something? I do understand the logic, though....they want to make sure you follow-up thoroughly for 5 years. So that $6000 is on TOP of your surgery fees? Yikes! I'm glad my surgeon doesn't require that...it would make it impossible for me to do it. But, after all, you DO live in Palm Springs! :heh: Lucky dog!!

Hiya Stacey, welcome to the group :)

I'm off to stay with a load of girlfriends I used to work with this weekend folks, I cant wait :woot:.....although I dont think my diet will be intact somehow!!

Have a great weekend xxxx

I'm always a page behind when I post on these boards!

Nervous Terridoodle .... I think I will be in a weeks time and its 2 weeks away....infact....I hope it doesnt trigger me off eating more...you know like a comfort thing, I was talking to this girl yesterday, and she was telling me what she eats, I was like wow....thats like nothing???

thanks for the welcome,have a great time this weekend with your girlfriends.

I'm getting nervous and am eating like there is no tomorrow. I really have to figure out a better way to control my nerves. I will start my pre-op diet on the 5th.

I have been HORRIBLE with my eating! Absolutely HORRIBLE, but I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

I have started buying little things here and there....

How's everyone doing today?

I have been HORRIBLE with my eating! Absolutely HORRIBLE, but I'm trying not to beat myself up about it.

The nutritionist my mom and I went to told us that we were NOT ALLOWED to beat ourselves up over mistakes. She said, "It happens. When it does, just pick yourself up and start new at the next meal/next day".

She made us repeat to ourselves several times..."We're NOT allowed to beat ourselves up". And so far, I haven't done that but once (beat myself up over messing up my diet .

Just pick yourself up and start again tomorrow....you can do it :-D:clap2:

PROUD TO BE PART My date has just been set for........

APRIL 2-2007........Dr. Christopher Edwards............

Springfield Mo............367#start weight........

I am still trying to find good and bad information on his work. Please let me know if you see or hear anything!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello April '07 Banders! Add me to the list. I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana on April 5th. I am excited, nervous.... and can't stop obsessing over the little things I need to do/buy before my trip. Anyone else getting banded by Dr. Ortiz that week?

I look forward to chatting with all of you! :(

In response to the earlier posts eating has been a nightmare for me. I am an emotional eater; that is my biggest issue. I use food as therapy & I can binge eat with the best of them. The funny thing is I actually like to excercize but my diets always fail because I slip up on the eating side of things. Anyway, the thought of not having eating as a security blanket anymore is causing me to eat terribly pre-surgery. I am making a commitment to get back on track the next few weeks. I feel awful and I know imroving my diet will get me in the right mind set for the big day. So anyway - I feel your pain!! :faint:

I'M TORN EAT like there's no tomarrow? or eat like I'm post-op and filled?

Be bad while I still can? or show myself how disciplined I can be?

Eat all the NO NO foods in the house? or trash them?(of course, I mean RIGHT before the garbage truck leaves my neighbors house, so I'm not tempted to rummage through my own garbage, after deciding to go for it before pre-op diet time!?!)

Anyone else have this conflict 10 days before liquid diet time??????

Please! tell me I'm not alone!! (or if I am alone, Please...don't tell me!?!)

Hi everyone. My surgery date is fast approaching (Apr 3) and I have been busy with all the pre-surgery appointments. I am very pleased that my dr is being so thorough. I am supposed to be losing as much as possible before THE DAY, but I have found myself wanting that last big meal with my friend and my mom and my gram...etc etc. Just an excuse, I know. I am really going to crack down and get with the program these last weeks before surgery. How long are you guys doing the liquid diet before surgery?? I am excited!!!:clap2:

I'M TORN EAT like there's no tomarrow? or eat like I'm post-op and filled?

Be bad while I still can? or show myself how disciplined I can be?

Eat all the NO NO foods in the house? or trash them?(of course, I mean RIGHT before the garbage truck leaves my neighbors house, so I'm not tempted to rummage through my own garbage, after deciding to go for it before pre-op diet time!?!)

Anyone else have this conflict 10 days before liquid diet time??????

Please! tell me I'm not alone!! (or if I am alone, Please...don't tell me!?!)

I went thru this for about a week after I scheduled my surgery but quickly realized 3 things:

1) I'm not eating these things for the last time....I will be able to eat all my favorite foods again, it will just be a matter of time, and they'll be in smaller portions.

2) I am not serving ANY good purpose by eating this way. I'm only getting that much farther away from goal.

3) If I'm getting ready to voluntarily alter the way I eat forever, I had better at least be prepared to make a few changes before the surgery. I wanted to use this time to make sure I'm mentally prepared to make sacrifices...and if not, perhaps I should postpone it until I am.

Having said all this, I do still have a bit of the 'last supper mentality'....like I had two slices of thin crust pizza last night...and justified it somehow. But I'm not eating everything in sight like I was for that first week.

I think the thing to keep in mind is: Don't panic.

OK it was 10:39 p.m. and I would have gone a little crazy on a food bing, IF I wasn't on LBT. This occupied my time for over another hour, I ate nothing, and eventually fell asleep!!!!!! I have weened myself from Dr. Pepper completely (from 6-8 down to zero daily)!!! And I am trying to combat snacking!!! Combat is the right word here for me - it is a struggle daily to make sensible choices!!! So, if I "panic" again (or start to) please bare with me-----Thanks and good health to all