Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Count me in for the April banders board! My date is 4/5/07!

It's just around the corner! AAAHHHH!!! Less than a month away! Excited and nervous about it!

Today, I really stepped up on eating less and healthier. I don't have a pre-op diet to follow although my doc suggested that I lose some weight prior to surgery. Just need to get the actual exercise in. although doesn't picking up after 3 young kids all day and running around the house count for something?!

Any advice out there?

Thanks!

Bandedme (almost! lol)

Hi everyone! So does the idea of a liquid diet sound gross to anyone? I'm ok with it AFTER surgery since I know I'll be healing and everything will be different, etc. but the thought of it now just does not sound very appealing. Some say they are on a liquid diet pre-surgery. What is that like? Isn't there a lot of hunger and feeling deprived, like you could naugh on the kitchen table if no one was looking (lol). really -

I feel that I'm ready for this most of the time, but find myself wondering what it will really be like, especially when it comes time for grocery shopping or thinking about how I'm going to still be the meal planner, cook, etc for my hubby and 3 kids (ages 6, 4 1/2 and almost 2). Ideas anyone?

Bandedme

I haven't read all the replies yet, and this is my first post, but I wanted to say hi to everyone. I just found out yesterday that I'm scheduled for april 2nd. (Found out today that my daughter is also going in the same day! We're going through this journey together - same doctor and everything). She just showed me how to do this computer thing.

My older daughter is the one who introduced us to the Lapband about 3 years ago. The younger one who is being banded with me has been trying to get it approved since that time. The older one is working on it but is still happy that she inspired us.

This site has been very informative for us. Hope to get to know you all better over time.

Till next time,

darla :)

Welcome Darla!! :welcomeB:

Looks like you're gonna be the first one of us to get banded!! I'll be right behind you!! You're so lucky to have your daughter to go through this with.

Bandedme - The liquid diet is for those that are required to do so by their insurance companies to see if they can lose weight withOUT surgery and also to make the surgery safer. Also, some doctors require a few days of liquid diet to help them stick to a low-carb, low-fat diet prior to surgery so that the liver will be less "fatty". If your doctor doesn't require that (mine doesn't either) then just be grateful!! As for post-op, all the stories are different. I was shocked to find that my doc only requires a 'liquid' diet, not a 'clear liquid' diet....and I can even have cottage cheese, yogurt, and applesauce in the 1st 48 hours. After that I go straight to 'mushies'.

When you start shopping again for your family, $20 says that you'll start buying much healthier food for everyone...and you'll be eating the same things, just less of them. Or they get Pasta or rice as a side dish and you'll just skip those things. I know my husband is looking forward to the weight he'll be losing along with me after my procedure...when I eat healthier, so does everyone!

And YES, running around after 3 kids DEFINITELY counts as exercise!!!!

I'm really excited about being banded on April 11th. I'm in a show right now and we run through the month of March. I'm self pay and a student. Currently I'm 270 ish but my goal is 150-160. My plan is to stop when I'm comfortable. :)

I'm a little bummed today because my show just got a crummy review from our local newspaper. :faint: It's VERY frustrating to work so hard on something and then to get slammed. I was mentioned in the article as being one of the stronger and consistent singers... it's just painful to think that she didn't like the show. She came on Saturday night. The audience on Saturday LOVED the show and gave us a standing ovation. :clap2: I know I'm just being an "artist" and taking everything WAY too seriously. I try not to read reviews for this very reason. :o Anyway here's the link.

http://www.modbee.com/arts/reviews/story/13357785p-13980793c.html

One good part is that my friend Francesca got mentioned. This is her community paper so I'm glad they didn't slam her.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Sheila

Hi April 07 Band People,

I just wanted to let everyone know that Oprah is having a very interesting show on Thursday about life after weight loss surgery. The show focuses on some dangerous pitfalls of replacing one addiction for another. If for nothing else, we might get some info about WHAT NOT TO DO. I can't believe I am less than a month out. I was freaking out this morning...nothing fits...:o I won't buy anymore clothes because I have enough clothes for the next -60 pounds! I am trying to eat about 1000-1200 calories a day. Then on the weekends, I enjoy going out to eat:) . I am sooo looking forward to having the surgery behind me, this anticipation is making me too nervous. I love checking in LBT daily, and reading more and more from pre and post op people. It gets my spirits up and makes me feel more and more like this is the best decision for me!

Peace out.

Hi everyone !!

Sorry I havent posted for ages, been on a course up in London.....my diets gone to shreads, and Im too knackard to exercise!!

Darla your having surgery the same day as me :) .... exciting !... its only 3 weeks away...no time at all....help I need a plaster over my mouth, so I stop eating!

Ohhh Kity can you let us know what Ophra says on that prog, I wont see it in the uk, if you see it :girl_hug:

Also just want to say a really big HELLO & HUG to all of the new members in the April 07 group too xx :)

I met with sleep dr yesterday and have to sleep in that room on the 16th. Things are moving fast. I have 8 appts in March. Including, eye, dental, ob/gyn not related to surgery. I go to the Obesity Center tomorrow for a ekg and a psych eval plus a blood test. I think I'm just going to tell them I'm nuts and see what they do! Kidding

Havent' gotten anything scheduled, but they told me that if all goes as planned it could happen in 6 to 8 weeks from the seminar. So far so good and the seminar was in Feb....so it could definitely happen in April. The first of April is 6 weeks.

However, I have mononucleosis, or am recovering from it. I hope that doesn't hinder me. My spleen was enlarged in January and perhaps some of February. But I can't feel it anymore. I think if I register positive for mono they may make me wait, but the "scheduler" said "no problem!". Of course, what kind of medical authority does the scheduler have???? Don't know.

Good luck and Blessings to all April Bandsters!!!

I have known of several people who have lost weight via RNY and have turned to drug addiction or become very sexually active and left husbands etc. I think you really need to have a support group, strong values, and a good sense of who you are!!! These are dangerous pitfalls for anyone, and if you have been heavy for years and suddenly have people looking at you and noticing your figure, I guess that could be weird, flattering and confusing.

I can't say, as I haven't lost the weight yet, but it's definitely something to think about.

Hey guys.. I'm here! I just had to take a week break.... I was driving myself insane by obsessing.. and then yesterdy when I posted our internet went down... We are going to be down this afternoon too...

all the daylight savings time Patches for the server....

IT IS MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are in the home stretch! Can you believe it! Before too long we are going to be walking around talking about our scars and our gas! LOL

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 20 minutes until the server goes down, I will try to go add everyone to the list before it does!

BAND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello hello everyone! A few posts up my mom posted (darla) about how we are going through this together. Let me tell you, the last 3 years while I was researching and trying on my own it was so lonely (even reading posts on here didn't help much). I'm so glad we get to do this together! I feel bad for my dad though - his wife and his daughter having surgery back to back the same day...I know he's got to be going insane!

Anyway, I wanted to come in and say HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and introduce myself :confused: I'm hoping to add some pictures/change my avatar to a real picture soon, I just haven't had time recently when I'm home.

So mom and I are joining Bandlandia on 4/2 and I couldn't be more excited. Everyone keeps asking me if i'm nervous or scared and honestly I'm not. I just look at them and say, "I was ready yesterday......hook me up, lets go!". My entire office (about 30 or so people) are rooting for me and supporting me. So I've got support pouring out of my ears!!

I'll tell ya though, there are people I've told who had NO CLUE what Lapband was and those who did thought it was like the bypass. So I made it a personal mission to tell everyone who would listen....I'm a walking PSA (Public Service Announcment)!! But I love it. I pray that me telling people will lead to someone else who needs this surgery getting it done. Ya know?

Anyway, I've written a book, I'll go for now. Take care all and GOOD LUCK!!!:clap2:

~Panda~

Panda, you and your mum and myself are all having surgery on the same day...its great!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness I have you both!! :girl_hug: Its not long now, and I cant wait (am I mad?)

Tracy, how the dickens are you, we've missed you, hope you are ok!! Its great to see you back!

Well I had an amazing call today...I found a lady who had surgery 9 months ago with the same surgeon Im going to, in the uk, she called me on the phone and invited me to a small group meeting of Bandsters in London, for the end of April...I am soooooooo excited!! :cake:

Keep in touch all of you xx