Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Tracy -- Who's Kimmer?

Jenn - I'm sorry you don't have anyone to be at the hospital with you :( I wish i could come and stay with you then get you home and tucked in. That's a drag. I think you should tell your dad but with the STRICT admonishment that he not tell anyone. Tell him that this is VERY IMPORTANT to you and you expect him to honor the confidence. Surely he can understand that!!! Right?

I am scared to death, and don't know what to do, read my other post, I want to reschedule!

Jennifur: do you ever watch the show ... crossing over with John somebody??? If you do, you would not be freaked.. you would know that when you think about someone who's passed that by you thinking about them it draws their energy to you...... he says that they don't spend their time watching us, but it is the act of us thinking about them that draws them closer........... the cabinet door that is open.. IS HER sending you a sign telling you that she knows your thinking about her and that she appreciates the flowers........... OK this may sound kooky, but I actually talk to my grandma ALL THE TIME like this.. she was a very strong force in my life and I draw peace from knowing that I can talk to her......

Instead of being freaked out about it.... feel peace

I also had a friend that was killed by a drunk driver when we were teenagers........ every once in a while I would have a dream that she was talking to me.. (this has been MANY years ago) I remember one dream in particular.. I was like "Karen you are supposed to be dead!" She just smiled and said "I'm not dead silly, I'm right Here!" and I think she lovingly called me an asshole.... (lol)

After I got layed off I kind of got hooked on that show, and it really helped me. He says that dreams like that are their way to communicate... now I KNOW it sounds weird, but I truly do think it is so.

oh.. and I think we all use our fat as a shield in some respects.......

Thank you. It is funny because right before I got notice that i was going to be laid off, the tarot cards that I was given that belonged to her, were back on a shelf in my closet for years - in a safe place - fell out at me and all over my closet floor, and when I flipped them over it was the card with very rocky waters, a reef and then on the other side calm waters. that was last June. I put them away and found them again about a month ago and they again feel all over, i picked them up and there was the same stinking card! Now this. And I knew the anniversary was this week but had to call my mom, and she said it was right about 1am when she passed. Maybe she is just trying to communicate with me. I listened to all the songs that were freaking on my cd - i had 2 copies, too afraid to see if the one upstairs is working again, I'll keep you posted on that.

Anyway you did help me feel a bit better, but still kind of afraid, of what I don't really know but of something, maybe it is just the great changes and a new life. Maybe i'm just afraid of saying goodbye to all the things I know are going to change and hello to the new.

Either way, it is strange when things like this happen and maybe i should start watching crossing over or go to a reader.

Dont know what happened Tracy with your name, I think where I copied and pasted onto here the winking smilie gone into a word format? Ive added a few other names in too, theres lots of us :( (corr theres 6 of us all having surgery on the 2nd of April!)

I'm having my surgery April 3rd! Tijuana, MX-Dr. Ortiz!

I am currently 242, and have not started the pre-op diet yet! I'm so excited!!!!

Donna

IMHO...

Don't change your date. Breathe. Calm down. Try not to think too much (it always makes me crazy!). Focus on the positives and don't go reading so much into every little thing. It'll all be ok. We're here for you. We understand. Think calm thoughts. Be kind to yourself. Shower others with love. Get doing & thinking of others & take the focus off yourself. Get out of the downward spiral of self-absorption/over-analysis. Surround yourself w/beauty & peace. It's all good...

You get the idea! Whatever cliche or life truth works for you as far as calming you down & smoothing the rough edges & getting you through the next few weeks in one piece.

Best of luck to everyone as we get closer & the excitement of our futures changes into scary reality!!! We can do it! We are strong!

thanks all

I don't know, I have been going through this process for a year and 2 months. have had my date scheduled for 6 weeks and still have 3 major appts this week, ultrasound on legs for clots and gall bladder, full physical from my pcp and then a final appt with surgeon. When I had my tubes tied, it was 2 weeks from start to finish and I didn't have time to worry until driving to the hospital, was not put through everything I have had to do over the past year+. I think i might have too much time to think about everything I have read and been told by nutritionist, and surgeon. Hopefully I'll get the insurance approval in hand, get my physical and know that I don't have any clots or gall stones and I will feel better.

Maybe my cousin is just here to let me know she is with me and it is going to be OK.

I guess when all is said and done - I will know that I am healthy or that i have issues, but at least I will know

Evening all,

Gosh I cant keep up with all of the posts!

Tracy - I agree with what you said re 'thinking of a loved one that passed over' and they are there instantly with you, giving you peace and love, and that they are there for you in times of need.

Aw Jennifur I'd give you a big 'hug' if I were with you, when you have all of your tests this week, chat to the Dr and tell them your worries, they will hopefully put you at ease.

It is a really big step were all taking, and right now, its one of the main things were all focusing on, as its such a big step....I cant sop thinking about it, Im getting a bit obsessive to be honest, its all I want to think about...Im mean its exciting, but its serious too, and although we can read Febs/March posts of people who have gone through the op, its still unknown to us till we go through it. I do find them helpful though, because that will be us in 2-4 weeks time.

I started a strict regime today, and I will stick to it now until Monday the 2nd.

Breakfast: shake + Water + tea/coffee

Snack: coffee/tea + Water

Lunch: Soup + water + tean or coffee

Mid afternoon: shake + water + coffee

Dinner: Soup + water + tea/coffee

I feel ok, its 7pm here now, for 2 weeks I'll do this, till my op now, as were on a rapid count down now, oooooooo gee I wont get started...I'll start myself off panicing again and freting...

Sorry for all this whaffle......

Sara xx

Awwww, Jenn!!!! I'm sorry you're in a tailspin! I think everyone is right here.... first you need to calm down. Keep things in perspective. You're not going in for brain sugery here....it's just a little laproscope. You'll be under for a grand total of 30-45 minutes. You will absolutely be FINE!! My surgeon has done something like 2500 (or more) of these operations and he's never lost a patient yet....not even close, he said. It might be a little riskier if you were 496#, had blood pressure thru the roof, a 20 year history of diabetes and heart disease!! But you're a healthy young woman and you'll be just fine. The human ability to survive all kinds of havoc is really amazing and this surgery is just a 'blip on the screen' in the grand scheme of things. All that being said, however, if you are THIS riled up and stressed out about it, it probably would not be a good idea to do it until you are really ready and 150% sure this is what you want to do. It's ok to put it off if you want....the surgeon isn't going anywhere.

It is my belief, too, that you are very connected to your cousin (obviously) and there is just a hightened energy activity around the anniversary of her death. You must know in your heart that she is with you all the time....that all you need to do is direct your thoughts to her and she is instantly with you. Soul energy works that way. She may be frustrated that she is unable to communicate her presence to you and uses these methods to just say "Hi! I love you! Don't worry about me!" I don't believe that she would necessarily 'know the future' and try to 'warn' you about it. Your path was laid out long before you were even born and all is well. There is nothing to 'warn' you about! What will be is meant to be and she accepts that where she is. If anything, she is only letting you know that she is with you during this stressful time and you should call on her and all the angels in Heaven to be with you and protect you as you go through this process. Angels help when they are asked to help.

I'll pray for you too. A little prayer goes a long way.

Breathe.

WOW we are sure an introspective group today! WE ARE DEEEEEP!

But ya know what???? I think we've all done our share of soul searching to get to the place we are at right now. (I know I have)

I echo what Terri and Sara have said..... take a deep breath and stay calm... turn that anxiety into something positive.

Im back again!

Tracy - re weight loss, I certainly hope so, lol....I've started keeping a diary now, you know weight, measurements and pics of me before, I thought I'd update it every month, after I've seen the dietician each time.

I forgot to tell you guys, I paid for my op last week, £7950.00 thats 15,470.6 USD I think, a lot of money (well hubby bless him paid it)

This is what I'm covered for:

While in hospital

bullet_circle.gif Following surgery your surgeon will usually see you daily to check

your condition, discuss your operation and talk through the next

stages of your aftercare.

bullet_circle.gif You will have discussions with your dietician to plan your diet for

when you go home. You will be given diet sheets to help you

understand what you need to do.

After you have gone home

bullet_circle.gif Your surgeon will see you again a month after surgery then

every three months for the first year.

bullet_circle.gif You will have monthly one to one meetings with your dietician

who will provide ongoing dietary advice.

bullet_circle.gif There will be regular patient support group meetings led by the

dietician, to help you stay motivated and overcome any difficulties

you are having with your new lifestyle.

bullet_circle.gif You will be able to contact your hospital in case of complications

immediately after discharge.

bullet_circle.gif If you have a lap band, you will need to visit the Outpatient

Department of your BMI hospital to have the band adjusted. This

usually takes two adjustments to find the right level of restriction,

but additional adjustments may be required. The first one is

usually six weeks after surgery.

http://www.bmiweightloss.co.uk/terms_conditions.pdf basically its all on this web link, but the above gives an overview.

What does everyone else get with their lap band surgery?

It is covered by my insurance although I have a copay of at least $1125, and possibly the annual out of pocket max of $3900.

1 night in hospital

1 barium swallow before being released

1 wk follow up appointment

1st fill in 5 weeks,

1 visit with surgeon each month for 1 year (possible fills at that time)

Monthly support meetings (open to all people)

Hey everyone

Thank you so much. The only reason I put my fears out there is because you are all wonderful - and I guess I would feel better to maybe know that I am not the only one with fears.

I have these appts and I think I will feel much better. I also think I'm kind of scard of change. I think my dbf is about to bail, even if he is not i'm afraid that my fat is a security blanket and maybe afraid that when I loose it I won't have anything to hide behind.

I am sure that on Thursday after 6 more appts in total, I will know that I am 100% healthy. I know my dr needs to make sure you are healthy to do surgery, but I think I would be the type of person better off with a month of making the decision, getting stuff done and doing it, too much tiime to think and worry.

Thanks all for your support... I'll stop being a baby now! and boy do I have a long list of questions for every appointment I have this week!

HEY ALL. . .

on a Happy note, I got a letter from my insurance company with a book on "what you need to know pre and post surgery" WHat the heck is that... no approval or anything... so I called my insurance co, they said if I got that from them then I should be approved because they do not send those out to anyone. So I called my Dr. and of course my girl was gone but I left her a message, so hopefully I'll have a call tomorrow saying that I am approved and on schedule for my appts

Man, if I didn't have to fast tonight for bloodwork in the am I would have myself a Margarita !

WHAT A DAY!