Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst comment you've heard so far

I have been fantasizing about the day someone tells me I "took the easy way out!" I can even hear my fist hit their jaw- j/k. But seriously this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I want to think I will be the "bigger" person (but not for real- physically) and give them the its a tool for Weightloss schpiel. Totally depends on how my day is going. I have told about 5 ppl and that's it. I am learning to live w my addiction/ forced compliance of eating right and abandoning my relationship w food. We know we are doing what's right for us and our lives and health! Keep ur heads up! Ignorant ppl are very prevalent in this world!!!

Here's a recent one. My parents live in another country but we skype often. We haven't skyped for a month but talked on the phone. Last week I was out of town. They called hubby to ask if I really lost all.the weight I "claimed" to have lost! Hubby told them that they wouldn't recognize me now. They think am avoiding skype so they wouldn't see am still as big! Supportive parents but who cares

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

I am worried about these type of comments as well. I've always heard from my sister how fat I am and how she's the skinny sister. My mom has tried to put me on so many diets when I was a teen. I've been the biggest person in my family for so long I'm kinda scared to hear the things my sister will say after I have the surgery. She's not supportive of it at all.

One of my colleagues commented that I must be a hypochondriac to have had surgery. He has a master's degree (no guarantee against ignorance). I calmly explained that no' date=' obesity, high blood pressure an hyperlipidemia are dangerous conditions. I was surprised at my colleague's ignorance.

Several people also have commented, "you don't look big enough to need surgery." Again, I calmly explain that I have class I obesity and that I do not want to become morbidly obese. It is very interesting that I have received these comments from other bariatric patients. Fascinating.[/quote']

I have had people tell me that I'm not even that big, to get it too.

Wow! I have had a person tell me "I'm so glad you had that surgery because you were just huge!" Its surprising how people treat me now that I've had surgery. It's like they're ok with me now that I'm losing weight. My best friend is about the same size as me when I started the process and her grandparents are pressuring me to talk her into surgery. I've told them it's her decision and that I can tell her about my experiences and I'll be there to support her through the process if she chooses this' date=' but ultimately, it's up to her.[/quote']

What?! People truly have no home training! I'm afraid that people are going to only befriend me because I am small. I was told by a friend who got the surgery that she got a job position after loosing all the weight and she didn't think she would of if she wasn't her new size because it was all about appearances in the office.

What?! People truly have no home training! I'm afraid that people are going to only befriend me because I am small. I was told by a friend who got the surgery that she got a job position after loosing all the weight and she didn't think she would of if she wasn't her new size because it was all about appearances in the office.

It's sad how shallow people can be! I have had that happen too. A guy who completly blew me off (well pretty nuch acted like i disnt exist) before saw me last Saturday and oh was he ever trying to talk to me and get my number! The good thing about situations like that is you can return them the favor and blow them off!

My comments from others were: "Wow! You're going to look so much better!" (Thanks, I guess I didn't know how hideous I really was) "Oh how sad!" (I'm still at a loss on that one) "You got your neck back" (Hold the phone, I thought I always had a neck)

I have been fantasizing about the day someone tells me I "took the easy way out!" I can even hear my fist hit their jaw- j/k. But seriously this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I want to think I will be the "bigger" person (but not for real- physically) and give them the its a tool for Weightloss schpiel. Totally depends on how my day is going. I have told about 5 ppl and that's it. I am learning to live w my addiction/ forced compliance of eating right and abandoning my relationship w food. We know we are doing what's right for us and our lives and health! Keep ur heads up! Ignorant ppl are very prevalent in this world!!!

You know I've only heard that from larger people. I told one of my regulars at Starbucks that I had it and he says "oh okay so you cheated" and the man had a stomach so far out that it was ridiculous. It's hard to get mad when those who could seriously benefit from the surgery get pissy

- Kaylee Ann ~ Surgerversary 6/11/2012

You know I've only heard that from larger people. I told one of my regulars at Starbucks that I had it and he says "oh okay so you cheated" and the man had a stomach so far out that it was ridiculous. It's hard to get mad when those who could seriously benefit from the surgery get pissy

Cheated???? that is a good one. How in the world do people come up with this stuff.

Speaking of Starbucks what can someone get that is safe. I got a 25 dollar gift card burning a hole in my purse.

It's sad how shallow people can be! I have had that happen too. A guy who completly blew me off (well pretty nuch acted like i disnt exist) before saw me last Saturday and oh was he ever trying to talk to me and get my number! The good thing about situations like that is you can return them the favor and blow them off!

Yeah, people who hadn't acknowledge me in YEARS are now all of a sudden commenting on all my shit on fb and liking all my pictures and are trying to talk to me, and it's not even all guys. Oh and that's another thing... I'd be lucky to maybe possibly get 2 likes on a picture 6 months ago... My profile picture has 28 likes... Seriously people?!

Here's a recent one. My parents live in another country but we skype often. We haven't skyped for a month but talked on the phone. Last week I was out of town. They called hubby to ask if I really lost all.the weight I "claimed" to have lost! Hubby told them that they wouldn't recognize me now. They think am avoiding skype so they wouldn't see am still as big! Supportive parents but who cares

Sent from my Galaxy S III using RNYTalk

seriously seriously that is just crazy. Can't wait till you do skype with them again they are going to drop their teeth,

Cheated???? that is a good one. How in the world do people come up with this stuff.

Speaking of Starbucks what can someone get that is safe. I got a 25 dollar gift card burning a hole in my purse.

Oh man so many things.

Iced passion tea with no classic (liquid sugar) and add your own (I prefer stevia)

Really any iced or hot tea obviously

For a few extra calories you could also do my favorite which is the iced passion tea lemonade. Goes down fine.

If you can drink milk and caffeine: any skinny latte (ex. Skinny vanilla latte, skinny hazelnut latte, skinny cinnamon dolce latte etc etc)

My favorite drink is as follows:

Grande vanilla roobios latte with only a quarter milk (versus half) steamed at kids temperature (after letting the tea steep for at least 2 minutes before adding milk) with no classic and 1 pump of sf hazelnut.

Ooo and I've never had a problem with the very berry hibiscus refresher or cool lime refresher.

AND their smoothies have 20g of Protein from whey. Ask for the chocolate banana smoothie made with SKINNY MOCHA and perhaps extra Protein like I do. It's just sf mocha, a banana and milk and protein. You can also sub nonfat milk if you prefer.

Oh man so many things.

Iced passion tea with no classic (liquid sugar) and add your own (I prefer stevia)

Really any iced or hot tea obviously

For a few extra calories you could also do my favorite which is the iced passion tea lemonade. Goes down fine.

If you can drink milk and caffeine: any skinny latte (ex. Skinny vanilla latte, skinny hazelnut latte, skinny cinnamon dolce latte etc etc)

My favorite drink is as follows:

Grande vanilla roobios latte with only a quarter milk (versus half) steamed at kids temperature (after letting the tea steep for at least 2 minutes before adding milk) with no classic and 1 pump of sf hazelnut.

Ooo and I've never had a problem with the very berry hibiscus refresher or cool lime refresher.

AND their smoothies have 20g of Protein from whey. Ask for the chocolate banana smoothie made with SKINNY MOCHA and perhaps extra Protein like I do. It's just sf mocha, a banana and milk and protein. You can also sub nonfat milk if you prefer.

Thank you

I think i can use that card now