Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worst comment you've heard so far

Some think they are helping. Oh if I tell her how big she is she'll stop eating. Like we don't know. It just drives me to a pizza and a sundae.

My own mom said, " your hair looks longer now that your hunch back is gone." Really? She also said "oh great, now you weigh less than me. I know this would f'ing happen." Way to be supportive MOM! I think I sense some jealousy there huh?! I just shrug it off. I really don't care what others say. I did this for ME!

All human beings have a streak of cruelty. I ave experienced complete strangers commenting on my weight, complete strangers asking me why my teeth were yellow, my own father and classmates imitating my involuntary tics, and being called a faggot everyday at school (middle and high). This dados tic streak can surface in the kindest of people. It is an inherent part of human nature. Sometimes you will experience it with your closest loved ones. And sometimes you will encounter it in yourself when you are laughing at or making fun of another human being, perhaps another loved one. This is my observation after 49 years of life.

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago and my friend's mom said to me "Hey, you see that girl over there? She had WLS last year. She used to be HHHUUUUGGGGEEEE!" Then it occurred to me, is that how people are going to be describing my transformation in a few years? Why do people think that just because we lost some weight that it gives them free license to comment on our former selves in such derogatory ways? That girl who used to be 350 is still me. I still have a long way to go and I want encouragement to excel, not fuel to feel bad about who I used to be/still am.

I was at a Christmas party a few weeks ago and my friend's mom said to me "Hey' date=' you see that girl over there? She had WLS last year. She used to be HHHUUUUGGGGEEEE!" Then it occurred to me, is that how people are going to be describing my transformation in a few years? Why do people think that just because we lost some weight that it gives them free license to comment on our former selves in such derogatory ways? That girl who used to be 350 is still me. I still have a long way to go and I want encouragement to excel, not fuel to feel bad about who I used to be/still am.[/quote']

Its funny how people think a comment like that is a compliment.

Many people's back-handed compliments are passive displays of aggression. The comment or observation is packaged as something friendly or humorous: teasing, jokes, sarcasm. In reality, it is an attack. Human beings are intimated when other human beings pursue self-improvement. So they will find a way to attack. Humor and politeness are

I love reading these... as sad and rude as people are! I wish i could be mean and say what I really think to people!

Last Christmas I went with my husband and his coworkers for a drink. I ran into a high school classmate. He has never grown up and pretty sure the bar stool was his permanent spot. He said " wow, you were always the skinny sister.. now your sister is small and you're fat!" I couldn't think of a "nice" reply so I kinda laughed and shrugged my shoulders. Well my sister had rny a few years back. And I was never "skinny" but much smaller 20 years ago. Haha.

Anyway.. I would love to run into him now and remind him of how stupid and immature he has always been... ohhh save my breath! ;)

This journey is about us and only us.. no one can take away how good it feels to get healthy and lose the weight we've all struggled with!

About 8 years ago I went from about 260 to about 175. My mom had recently starved her self and went down to about a size 4. At one point in her life she was about an 16/18. Anyway, she brings me a bag of cloths and most were a size 12. She told me that she was giving me her "fat" clothes. I almost died. I didn't say anything until a few years later. She never even realized what she said to me. Here I am hoping to be a size 12 again. People are just self centered.

About 8 years ago I went from about 260 to about 175. My mom had recently starved her self and went down to about a size 4. At one point in her life she was about an 16/18. Anyway' date=' she brings me a bag of cloths and most were a size 12. She told me that she was giving me her "fat" clothes. I almost died. I didn't say anything until a few years later. She never even realized what she said to me. Here I am hoping to be a size 12 again. People are just self centered.[/quote']

That was cruel.. I never thought a size 12 was fat size

About 8 years ago I went from about 260 to about 175. My mom had recently starved her self and went down to about a size 4. At one point in her life she was about an 16/18. Anyway' date=' she brings me a bag of cloths and most were a size 12. She told me that she was giving me her "fat" clothes. I almost died. I didn't say anything until a few years later. She never even realized what she said to me. Here I am hoping to be a size 12 again. People are just self centered.[/quote']

Not so cool to hear that from your mom ..sorry worm...

My husband just said yesterday, " well you look like your all saggy now"..... Smh how mean.....

My husband just said yesterday' date=' " well you look like your all saggy now"..... Smh how mean.....[/quote']

Someone told me yesterday " your trying to be a supermodel arent you?"...i was like are you blind? Im 178 lbs and 4 11! I just hate when you feel like people are mocking you and yes this,was the same person who told me I was on that diet where I starve myself to death!

Someone told me yesterday " your trying to be a supermodel arent you?"...i was like are you blind? Im 178 lbs and 4 11! I just hate when you feel like people are mocking you and yes this' date='was the same person who told me I was on that diet where I starve myself to death![/quote']

I have been asked questions like this too.. or people that know I've had surgery and ask if I am on weight watchers.. seriously?! Don't play stupid. I haven't told a lot of people.. but to ask me in a room full of people? I laughed and just said no, but eating less and exercising.

I come to realize that people are so jealous. They think by "throwing us under the bus" makes them look better.. little do they know! ;)

Gosh, I'd love to be a size 12! I'm sorry she said that! Maybe she was crabby from starving herself? :blink: