Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Yeah Karen! Good luck today!!!!! Be Praying for ya!

Saw a FatBOB commercial on tv this morning at the gym made me think of you!

Right now if your reading this your prolly a little sore but it will get better.

I really like that bike and im am not a Harley fan at all (even though i live nr Milwaukee!)

Hope you did ok!

and

WELCOME to BANDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Daddy and thanks for your prayers! That's so cool that you saw a commercial for my bike! I love my bike. It's a pleasure to ride!

I am doing wonderfully two days post op! Just a little sore but already off the pain meds and moving around more and more. Trying to get all the liquids down I can and keep my strength up until I can get on the Protein Shakes on Monday.

So far I'm really blessed so the prayers are working. Keep them up!!!!!

Hugs!

Karen, hope your surgery was ok. I can't imagine ANY surgery being good. My God, they cut you open! Just take the time to heal, follow the doctor's orders to the T. Joy did and she hasn't had one BIT of a problem. In no time, you'll be puttin' around again.

Hey Randy!

At the rate I'm going I'll be back on my bike by next weekend!

That's what I'm hoping for anyway!

Thanks for the well wishes!

Jax, no problem. Glad to send them out to anyone who needs them. I'm sitting here in my "office" and just heard a pack of bikes go by on the highway. I'm about two lots off of US Highway 84. I get lots of insentive to get up and go for a ride...

Ride on...

Karen!

Glad to hear your doing ok! Gosh i dream of living somewhere down there now. THis Wisconsin thing is getting old after two years.

I had to move hear for the company i work for.

They relocate ppl sometimes and i am flippin praying for somewhere down south now!

This -30F crap isnt fun.

My Suzuki M50 is beggin to be riddin.

Im thinking of trading it in for a GSX650F, Yamaha FZ1 or FZ6 or a Ninja 650.

I really am more of a sport bike guy (Its the British in me) Oh how i would love a Truimph!

But always felt im way to overweight for that type of stuff....well not for flippin long!

Today was a huge milestone for me.... ive been trainning for months and today i ran my first 10K (6.2 miles roughly) didnt stop either.

This doesnt have anything to do with "the band", but it does have to do with ridin'.

Those that have been more than the "weekend biker" in the past, I'm sure can relate to this. Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away" could of never fit better to David Mann's centerspreads.

For those that dont know who David Mann is, he did all the centerfold's for Easyrider's Magizine up to his death just a couple year's ago. Originally from Kansas City, my son and I had the great pleasure of shaking the man's hand at a bike show in KC where he was raising money for his medical bill's.

Some may have already seen this but it is surely worth checking out again and again. Enjoy, Steve

MySpaceTV Videos: Roll Me Away by Burt Corbinson

Now I just hope it work's!

That was so cool!!! I remember most all of those pictures from EasyRider and saw others I hadn't seen before. What is so cool is how he captures the essence of what it is to ride and also how many of those things I have done. Racing the train (it runs right along US Hwy 1 right down the street from where I live and I love riding along with the train), flirting with the truckers going down the road, (and yes even raising my shirt on more than a few occassions! LOL), and so many of the places that he has captured that I've been too as well.

So very cool.

Thanks!

This doesnt have anything to do with "the band", but it does have to do with ridin'.

Those that have been more than the "weekend biker" in the past, I'm sure can relate to this. Bob Seger's "Roll Me Away" could of never fit better to David Mann's centerspreads.

For those that dont know who David Mann is, he did all the centerfold's for Easyrider's Magizine up to his death just a couple year's ago. Originally from Kansas City, my son and I had the great pleasure of shaking the man's hand at a bike show in KC where he was raising money for his medical bill's.

Some may have already seen this but it is surely worth checking out again and again. Enjoy, Steve

MySpaceTV Videos: Roll Me Away by Burt Corbinson

Now I just hope it work's!

Wow! Congrats on your first 10k!!!! You keep doing stuff like that and you will be sport bike size in no time!!!!!! Now I know why you like my bike. I have heard several people say that it reminds them of a Triumph, especially with the twin headlights. It's still all Harley to me though! :thumbup:

I really have to stop taking the hydrocodone to sleep. I had a nightmare last night that someone stole my bike and I was kicking people's ass (literally) trying to find out where it was. :eek:

I tell you what, it's another perfectly beautiful day today. I'm still not ready to ride just yet but I'm hoping to be back in the saddle by next weekend. Right now I think that jeans would be a little too binding around my midsection. Otherwise, I'm good to go. So yeah, if you get the opportunity to relocate I would highly recommend it!

Keep on ridin safe!

Karen!

Glad to hear your doing ok! Gosh i dream of living somewhere down there now. THis Wisconsin thing is getting old after two years.

I had to move hear for the company i work for.

They relocate ppl sometimes and i am flippin praying for somewhere down south now!

This -30F crap isnt fun.

My Suzuki M50 is beggin to be riddin.

Im thinking of trading it in for a GSX650F, Yamaha FZ1 or FZ6 or a Ninja 650.

I really am more of a sport bike guy (Its the British in me) Oh how i would love a Truimph!

But always felt im way to overweight for that type of stuff....well not for flippin long!

Today was a huge milestone for me.... ive been trainning for months and today i ran my first 10K (6.2 miles roughly) didnt stop either.

Jax, no problem. Glad to send them out to anyone who needs them. I'm sitting here in my "office" and just heard a pack of bikes go by on the highway. I'm about two lots off of US Highway 84. I get lots of insentive to get up and go for a ride...

Ride on...

Randy,

I hear you on "the incentive". I live about a mile from U.S. about halfway between Jax and St. Augustine. On the weekends there are always packs of bikes heading up and down the coast and I can hear them from here. Always gets my blood pumping and jonesing to ride again and join them.

Hey thanks for the slide show!!!!

And thx Jax for the encouagement...THe only prob with a sport bike is my 8 yr old daughter LOVES to ride on my bike...and with a sissy bar its ideal for her. Im going to get her a real helmet this year so i might be sticking with it. Yes it does look like a Truimph...did i mention i LOVE Truimphs!

Jax...Im SOOO Jealous....Its -37F here today...thats MINUS! It makes your eyes Water right away and then your tear freezes to your face!

Even if i was back in London England it would be way better than this!:cursing:

Well im leaving vicarouly through u now

Hey thanks for the slide show!!!!

And thx Jax for the encouagement...THe only prob with a sport bike is my 8 yr old daughter LOVES to ride on my bike...and with a sissy bar its ideal for her. Im going to get her a real helmet this year so i might be sticking with it. Yes it does look like a Truimph...did i mention i LOVE Truimphs!

Jax...Im SOOO Jealous....Its -37F here today...thats MINUS! It makes your eyes Water right away and then your tear freezes to your face!

Even if i was back in London England it would be way better than this!:smile2:

Well im leaving vicarouly through u now

OMG -37??????? That's terrible!!!!!! I tell you what, if I weren't still a bit sore today I would have been out today! Maybe I will give it a shot tomorrow.

So your daughter likes to ride huh? Looks like you are going to have to have a suitable bike so she can tag along with daddy!

My bike has a resemblance of a back seat and foot pegs but it wouldn't be very comfortable for very long. Very much like a sport bike set up.

I sure hope it warms up for all you guys up north. That is just brutal!

Steve, thanks for the link man! That was cool to watch!

Daddy, congrats on your 10K. It must've been a bit nippy for the run but way to go!!

Rode both days this past weekend. We have some rain coming through this week which we need but the first rally of the season is only days away. It'll be my first time to go to the Valentine's Massacre in Boerne. I hear it's usually wicked cold and wet and even snowed one year so I guess the weather's just gearing up for the reputation...lol Still it's supposed to be mid to high 60's during the day so that won't be so bad.

Jax, don't rush it girl..you'll be there soon on that bike. Daytona here she comes! That's the goal to keep in mind.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Hey Randy, have ya'll decided to go to ROT this year? You know, it's my birthday weekend. I'm planning on having a whole lot of fun..lol :scared2:

OMG, Carol, you aren't going to whip them out again, are you??? LOL Just kidding, ya'll. I haven't seen them yet....*grin* You betcha, kiddo. We're gearing up. That is going to be one busy month. ROT till the 15th and Vegas on the 21st...woooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of that rain, Carol. It is rolling thru here as I type. And then it is suppose to cool down. I would say get cold, but whosyadaddy has a lock on the cold weather.

YOu guys are funny.

Im coming to Florida oin the 3rd of March! Thank goodness! No i did by 10k indoors!

No temps over 20f for the next 2 weeks they said....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That tunafish could taste so unbelievably good and that I could get full on half a cup of it!!!!!!!!! I broke the rules by 12 hours and had my first food (mushy) tonight. My tastebuds were dancing!!!!!!!!!!! You would have thought I was eating steak!

I did take my time and ate as slowly as I could for being famished LOL. I chewed chewed and chewed until it was completely pulverized, and then I would wait periodically to see how I felt before proceeding. I stopped at about a half a cup and I probably could have had more but I didn't want to push it especially my first meal. Tomorrow morning before we go on our charity ride I will have an egg, two if I can get it down. Again, I don't want to push it, especially right before going on a ride.

I also had an NSV! We went by Open Road Leathers to look for some new chaps for me as my old ones (the ones I bought in November!) were getting way loose on me, especially around the legs. Now, you have to know that they don't size chaps like regular clothes. Don't know why but they run WAY small. So the chaps I got in November were 6X (ugh) despite the fact that I was actually 2X at the time. Well, today I got into 4X chaps!!! Two whole sizes! I purposely got them nice and tight so that I would be able to wear them for a while before having to get another pair when I lose more weight. I normally wouldn't even bother getting something like this until I have lost all my weight but I wear my chaps even during the summer as it keeps the engine heat from burning my legs.

Oh! I took off the steri strips on the three small incisions today. They were starting to come off anyway and they were annoying me. One of them probably wasn't quite ready to come off but I just put Neosporin on it and covered it with a bandaid. It will be fine in a couple of days. The other two, my port and the big blob of cotton in my belly button are under waterproof tape and okay like they are. Dr. Cywes wanted them to stay on for two weeks. I'll see what those look like then.

I did a lot of running around today, brushed down the pool, washed my motorcycle, did a load of laundry, emptied the dishwasher, pulled some weeds and stuff. So I am definitely feeling back to my normal self with the exception of some isolated and periodic soreness in the muscles where my port is.

I'm very excited about eating real food again. I can't even begin to explain!

I feel like my journey has really begun today. I am starting to eat like a bandster and lead the bandster way of life! :biggrin:

YOu guys are funny.

Im coming to Florida oin the 3rd of March! Thank goodness! No i did by 10k indoors!

No temps over 20f for the next 2 weeks they said....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Are you going to be in Daytona???