Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

DH and friends went riding today. Still snow on the ground but, nothing on the roads. They'll be riding again during the week as New England is suppose to get in the 60's Wed or so. No riding for me as I don't have winter gear yet. Just don't want to spend the money on chaps and other leathers when I'm still losing. I'll spend the money this riding season though....I should be closer to goal then :(

Heck yeah! The weather man in Dallas says that we should be somewhere up around 80 degrees today. I think that calls for a ride, don't you? Whosyadaddy, way to go on the 100 lbs in 5 months. You'll be ridin' in style this spring. Sherry, the good thing about those chaps, you just poke a few extra holes in the belt and move the lashings and you're on your way... Carol, good to see you're still around. We missed ya, but then, you've probably been leading the HOG Chapter all over the state... :-) We're trying to decide if we're going to make it to ROT this year. We've got a family trip planned to Las Vegas, June 21st, so....

Woohoo!! Another beautiful day down here in SA and out for a ride. I went on mostly all new roads today and it was great! Randy, I'm hoping to do ROT the way it's meant to be done this year by staying onsite. And....it's my bday weekend so.....hmm...the word "beads" pops into my mind. LOL Don't they have a prize for the person with the most?

I'm with you Sherry. I'm not buying any of my leather until I'm at goal weight. So hopefully by the next winter I'll be there. So far layering and long johns have been saving my life but February's coming and sometime's it can be quite nasty around here.

Daddy...you go boy! That's amazing! And never you fear...winter too shall pass and you'll be a hot stud out there riding!!

Happy trails to all!!

:peace:

Bandster Bikers MC!!!! LOL

Hi to all the scooter trash out there!!!!! I'm Karen and I'm due to have my surgery on 02/07/08. I'm really excited and really nervous!

Okay here's the part where you guys begin to hate me. I live just south of Jacksonville about 45 minutes from Daytona. I ride ALL the time as much as I can. I have a 2008 Harley Fat Bob (one of the new designs for Harley). It's kind of old school/drag bike looking and I LOVE MY RIDE. I have another appt with my dr this Thursday and the first thing I am asking is when I will be able to ride because as we all know, Bike Week is the 1st week in March! I will probably just run down for a couple of days during the week because the weekends are just crazy! We are also planning a ride later that week with some friends from the HOG chapter in Tampa. They are heading to the Big Easy which I have never been to so I am hoping that I will be in good enough shape stamina wise to make the trip.

I'm including a pic of my bike. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and who knows, maybe I can host a get together for those people who are going to be heading this way for either Bike Week or Biketoberfest!

fatbob008resizedff0.jpg

Nice ride, Karen. Yeah, you get to do all that riding but we....well, yeah....you know. But sometimes....! LOL I think my gray is showing. Welcome and glad to meet you. Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it will go well. Ask Carol about riding shortly after surgery. I believe she took off and rode from San Antonio to Sturgis right after hers.

So Randy, are you trying to tell me that you have other ways to occupy your time besides riding during the winter??????:unsure:

Right now the weather sucks!!! Overcast, rainy, temps in the 50's, and just yucky overall and it's not supposed to get any better. I'm hoping it clears by the weekend as we are supposed to be doing an inaugural ride called the Scott Speicher ride to benefit POW/MIA's this Saturday.

I will definitely look for Carol as I'm really wanting to find out. Of course, I'm meeting with my doctor tomorrow so I can just ask him then. :smile:

Nice ride, Karen. Yeah, you get to do all that riding but we....well, yeah....you know. But sometimes....! LOL I think my gray is showing. Welcome and glad to meet you. Good luck with the surgery. I'm sure it will go well. Ask Carol about riding shortly after surgery. I believe she took off and rode from San Antonio to Sturgis right after hers.

Welcome Karen!

You're Doctor will definately know best but I'm thinking a month after you should be fine to ride. I was grounded when I had my band put on so I didn't get to ride until several months after my band was in. I did however ride from San Antonio to Sturgis...LOL I can never say that too much. :) Bikeweek in Daytona is another one on my list but not this year. Too much else going on.

And Randy, I don't know what you're doing up there in the north but here in the south (okay everyone else....we're both in texas...lol) I'm riding every chance I get. Planning on riding Sat and Sun weather permitting. There's also the Harley Davidson Dealer convention in town next week. Our dealership is hosting a party for all the other dealer's on Tuesday night. It should be a blast and I only get to go because I volunteered to help.

Peace to all and ride safe!

:)

Went to one of my pre-op appts today one week after beginning my pre-op diet and I have lost 8 lbs!!!!! Wow! I thought that it was just Water weight but she informed me that the scale said it was mostly all fat and very little water. I'm really amazed. Of course, if I could stay on this kind of plan and never be tempted by food again I wouldn't need the band, but I know otherwise after repeated successes leading to repeated failures. The band will keep me from reverting to bad habits and keep me on the straight and narrow.

ALSO!!! I asked the doctor about riding after my surgery and he said that as long as I'm not too sore and as long as I'm not taking pain medication then I should be able to ride in 3 or 4 days!!!!!

Yahoo!!!!!!!!

:tt1:

Greetings from Kansas fellow riders,

They changed the home page around and I have to learn where stuff is all over again! "Like I actually knew what I was doing before!"

Riding after surgery was one thing I was concerned about, wasnt sure how long it would take to heal. Guess it doesnt really matter, there's snow on the ground so I'll just stay by the fire for now.

Carol, congrad's on your bike. San Antonio to Sturgis on a Sporty makes you a member of the Iron Butt Club! Had a guy leave here headed for Sturgis a couple yrs ago (his first long ride), he got to Cheyenne Wy. and traded it in for a bigger bike.

Karen, Nice Bike, I'm scheduled for Feb. 5th. Been trying to get a head start on this diet and it's killing me. We've got 3 Harley's sitting around, wife's 98 Sporty, My Ol' 80 Low Rider (couldnt stand to part with her) and a 01 Electra Glide. Bought a new 07 Electra Glide 96", 6 Speed but wasnt impressed at all. Had a chance to sell it so it's gone. Much happier with the 01' Glide, plus I have it fixed up just the way I like it.

I've never done Daytona but made it to Sturgis 9 times. I'm not much into crowd's so Sturgis is MUCH better a week before. ALOT more room on the road and not as many amitures.

Good Luck to all on your journey, Steve

Anyone planning on going to Iron Horse in Red Lodge MT in July?? Less crowded than Sturgis but awesome ride. I am looking forward to a riding season with less wt to move around on the bike.

Penny

banded 11/7/07

254/231

2006 1100 V Star

Steve, I know what you mean about the page rearrangement...lol You never know how it's going to look when you pop in. Sturgis 9 times! Wow! Hopefully I'll get up that high. I would like to try it the week before too because the crowds were nuts.

Hi Penny! I don't think I'm heading that way this year. I have a bunch to do down in this area and I may get to go to the 105th anniversary of HD in August so that will be my big ride for the year. Is there a link for the rally though? I'd like to add it to my list of things to do.

We had a cold but good ride on Sunday and then I dropped my bike off for her 15k checkup...at 16k...lol a little late. Then the cold and rain came in yesterday so I guess I'm not missing any opportunities to ride.

Peace to all and ride safe!

:tongue:

RidinMyHDDream / Carol

I know this is suppose to be a LapBand forum "BUT" be very carefull and try an keep your bike to the regular maintance schedule. Should anything ever happen to it "under warranty" it may come back to haunt you if you dont! I took my 01 bagger in about a 1000 miles late once and they warned me about it and changed the mileage on the ticket to be inline with the regular schedule for warranty perposes.

I also have a trailer I pull from time to time, seen a million of em on the road but "that's a big NO NO"! If a Harley rep was to walk into their shop while servicing my bike with that hitch on, it would VOID my warranty! To hard on the tranny they say (I say BS).

I've rode since I was a pup, started out on a Honda Trail 50 (Mini Bike). My son went through the Marines and is in his last year of the Harley school in Pittsburg Ks. He'll be in the very first graduating class of the 4yr school. I've learned ALOT from him (and I thought I knew everything, just dont tell him!)

Yes, would highly recomend Sturgis one week before the crowd hit's. Still lot's of folk's to talk to but motel room's are $100 per day cheaper! Some vendor's are already there and selling run shirt's, road's are not nearly as crowded. I'm a babysetter, I worry about all those that are with me. Fewer bike's, less worry!

To keep this on the LapBand side, I started my Pre-op diet a week ago and was having cramps all night last night. Lower belly, lower back & leg cramps, anyone experience this in pre-op diet??? I use to buy banana's for the potaseum to help but there not on my diet. I've gone from eating anything and everything to 500-565 calories a day.

Breakfast - 8oz Protein shake

lunch - 8oz Protein shake

dinner - Steak or chicken w/vegie & salad

I started Jan 16th just to get use to it, I'm actually suppose to start today. I have read and re-read the info given me but I need a meal planner I guess. Was wondering if anyone knew if

I was lacking something in the diet to cause the cramping???

ANY INPUT would greatly be appriciated!

Y'all have a good day, Steve

Steve are you taking a multi vitimin, with your diet. My Doc prescribed one for me when I began my pre-op diet. I didn't have any problems with cramping.

Hi Steve...maybe you should look up other veggies that would add potassium to your diet. I believe Broccoli does that. If you're used to having potassium then your body must need it to get this reaction. Google Potassium filled foods and eat those veggies with it :hurray:

I agree with HarleyGuy....there should be a Multi-Vitamin in your diet. After banding you'll need chewable ones. Personally I use Flintstones Complete because I didn't like the taste of the other more adult Vitamins. My doc and nutrionist are happy with me using those. I also have to take a chewable Calcium...I use Caltrate those taste like Smarties candies but, not so tart or sweet.

Hope that helps.