Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Welcome Daddy! (now I'm going to have that Toby Keith song stuck in my head all day....lol) I know what you mean about feeling better on it every day. I use to get achey quicker but now I feel better. Coming back from my trip I rode a little over 700 miles in one day. I didn't ache at all...well...except for my butt...teehee. I think that's a given.

Keep up the great work and you'll be on that dream bike in no time.

:peace:

OK, where did everybody go? Must be the improvement in the weather. Not too hot, a little rain here and there, Cool mornings. I've just about run out of vacation, so I can only ride to work and on the days when they don't require my presence. Being on the top of the overtime list, I get to work a lot more than I want.

Carol, did you get your baby back?

Hi All, been catching up reading your posts. Sounds like everyone is enjoying their rides!

Have to share my latest, somewhat disgusting observation.

The weather for riding in Dallas lately has been FABULOUS. I can feel fall coming, my favorite time to ride! MyD H & I rode our FatBoy to our lake house last weekend, a little over an hour away. While looking over his shoulder going down the highway, I caught a glimpse of my upper arm in his side mirror. OMG! What's that all about?!? The "extra" skin was folding over in a long vertical ridge down my upper arm...the wind was pushing the skin into a weird line that sorta looked like Warf's forehead. I'm used to seeing my "bat wings", but this was on top!

:faint:

LOL...guess I'd better hit the weights!

Good ridin', everyone:)

Cindi-- that sucks. Bat Wings on your motorcycle.

I pretty much always wear some kind of jacket, mesh or leather. But then again im a safety crazy guy.

I cant stand riding with out my full face helmet now, the wind in my ears i just hate it. Yesterday a bee hit me smack in the middle of my visor, BANG:omg: it made a noise at 50mph.

ITs getting down to 65f avg here now and sometimes below 60 at 4.20am (when i leave).

Well, I was off pouting because after my great road trip my bike ended up in the shop for three weeks. I was so sad. All warranty work which is cool and now she's back home and we're on the road again. The weather is definately starting to shift...hooray! Hopefully for us here in Texas it means less rain and cooler temps. I'm starting my road captain training officially this weekend for my HOG chapter. I'm the LOH officer so we want to have some lady road captains.

I hope everyone's doing well and riding plenty!

What a great weekend for riding here in San Antonio. Rode Saturday to Gruene and then Sunday we went to Victoria. I didn't realize that was going to be such a long day but it was perfect. Sunday was 268 miles round trip. I also did my first trainee role as sweep on the ride. I definately like that position. Going to have to do Leads though to get my Road Captain patch.

Hey Randy, I can't remember if I told you or not but my HOG chapter named me. I told them the story about the Sturgis and beyond trip and my name is now 'Wonder Woman'. :whoo: I was tickled to get an official name from the chapter. I got my name patch presented to me last week at the chapter meeting. It was a blast. Only thing holding me up from putting it on is having to take off the 'I rode mine to Sturgis' patch. It's up a little high so I'll have to relocate it.

I hope everyone's getting out to ride!

OMG! WONDER WOMAN???? LMAO I just want to be the first one to see the picture of you in that tiny little outfit with the boots and the lasso....SWL (screaming with laughter). Of course you'll have to dye your hair! And don't forget the fire engine red lipstick!!! Well, congratulations on the road name. I believe you earned it. Now take everybody on a ride and make sure that you use a GPS and take them down some white rock back road between hardtops. Tell them to follow the little gold cape....LOL

Hey I found some fellow riders out there. I haven't been banded yet but that was one of the questions for the doc, when can I get back on my bike. It was beautiful this past weekend in East TN and I rode the doo doo out of it knowing it may be cooler weather before I can crawl back on her. I have read ya'lls posts and sounds like you guys are having a ball.

My DH rides a 1600 07 Kawasaki Nomad and I have the 900 LT. Since I 'name' everything, his is the General Lee and of course mine is Dixie Lee. We are from the south ya'll.

I look forward to more posts and to join in on the riding group! I'm just hoping I can still handle her when I get 'skinny" lol, if that ever happens!

Blessings to ya'll

Hiya Deb, and welcome. That would be MY road name, "Doc"......and No, I just answer all the medical questions when we go through our annual refresher training. TN eh? I road thru there on the tail of the dragon a couple of years ago. Nice ride. We need to get WONDER WOMAN over that way and let her have some fun, too. :(

Nice to meet you. Doc is also my husbands nickname and is what he has gone by all his life. He is a retired chiropractor.

No doubt if wonder woman likes the twisties she would love the dragon. My husband and I and two of our friends did it again this July combined with a weekended in Cherokee and Maggie Valley NC. It was GREAT! If she wants to read more about it, she can always find interesting reading at k i l l b o y . c o m - Your High Quality Photos from the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap or Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC. I could talk mototcycles and riding all night so I'd better stop now. Glad I found this thread and some banded biker buddies, hey we could call ourselves the triple B's. Anyhoo, I'm usually on here from time to time. I hope this surgery doesn't keep me from enjoy some great fall rides we have coming up. Everybody keep it safe out there and enjoy the ride!!

Welcome Deb!

I love twisties! Lots of fun. And I would definately like to ride Tail of the Dragon. Maybe that'll be a next year trip? Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

And no Randy....there will be no wearing of the outfit, well, not until I lose the rest of this weight...lmao. Then maybe...lol I could wear it to ROT next year. :omg:

We've had some gorgeous weather here. It's cool in the mornings and not to hot in the afternoon. Gotta love Texas for the reason you can ride just about year round. I'll be riding on Sunday. Getting my ride ready for the chapter as part of my Road Captain requirements.

Everyone have a great rest of the week!

Finally rolled the bike out last night. I really missed riding. Sorry, its not a cruiser, but an 01 Hayabusa. I live part of the year in Franklin NC and run 129, the Dragon, a lot. Would be cool to have a meet up there with fellow bandsters. Take care, enjoy the good weather....Dave

P1010021.jpg

Oh my gosh what a sweet bike Dave!!!!!!!!! Whats the one next to it?

Thanks. The other one is my 05 GSXR 1000, corona replica

bow_corona_2.jpg