Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Thanks Randy. Sign Joy up! It will do wonders to build her confidence and skill level. I had been riding for years when I took the class. I wouldn't say I thought I knew it all but I sure thought I didn't need a Basic Rider Course. I was so wrong, I learned so much, like how to use the front brake correctly, cornering, the box....the list goes on and on. Once she has her M she can test drive all the new bikes out...fun fun!

Cindi, that is one sweet ride. Makes me want to get out and clean mine up! Hope to ride to class this weekend if the rain ever stops. I don't mind the rain so much if I'm caught out in it but I hate starting out in it.

Anybody coming to Okla. for the state Hog rally this fall?

Renee

Sandra - Thanks for the info. Yep that helped a lot. My husband was worried about me being out of commission for a long time. Depending upon when they schedule me and what rides come up right after that is whether or not I'll ride on the back of his or ride my own.

I have a sister in College Station, TX that would like us to ride out there but that's still over my head on my own bike. We're hoping to get up to Brookings, OR this weekend but I'm not sure that will happen. :eek: My husband has injured his back somehow and so we may have to put that off for a while. But we'll get some riding done around here.

Once again, Thanks!

Here comes the sun do do do do Here comes the sun and I say it's alright.... Yeehaw!!!!! Break from the rain today and went on a ride with the chapter to....what else....eat! lol Little bit of chicken, green Beans and some potato salad. The only rule I break when riding is the not drinking thing cuz I have to stay hydrated. So that waiting an hour stuff goes right out the window. Wait, I'm on a bike, there are no windows...lol

Randy, I'm not sure what route we're taking to Sturgis. I'm meeting one of the ladies I'll be riding up with on Tuesday at our chapter meeting. Hopefully I can get more details then. I do know we're leave S.A. on the 4th. I'll let you know what I find out.

I hope everyone else is getting some sunshine! :peace:

Did my first post-banding ride yesterday- 9 days post-op! It was a short outing; but, as of today, I am back to commuting to work on the bike!

Happy to report that my big trip departing two weeks from now should be no problem!

Keep the shiny side up!

:clap2:

Congrats Allen! You'll have to give us a complete update after the big trip! I'm sure you'll do great! I'm on the countdown to Sturgis which will be my longest ride ever!

:peace:

Here's my Babee at the Exxon in College Station waiting out the rain. We were soaked and cold. The only thing this doesn't show is my cushy new seat! Yowsa my backside is happy!! :whoo: Harley was also kind enough to issue a helmet that matches my paint job perfectly this year. lol :peace:

post-214164-13813135216882_thumb.jpg

The news from my doc wasn't too bad, they are only gonna push me back one day. It won't really affect my work scheduling much at all. So the count down continues. Think I will have some surgery done on my bike at the same time I have mine done. I have been needing some service work, and have a little oil leak that been needing fixing. Seems like a good time to have the bike in the shop.

Jim

P.S. Has it dried out over there in Tx.

Hey Jim, that's great news! Hasn't dried out at all. We had some big rain in San Antonio last night. I did ride with my chapter today in a small town 4th of July parade. We got soaked coming home. Someday I'll remember to pack my raingear..lol Had the coat but not the pants. But it was a fun morning. :peace:

You go Girl ! And Brandy I love that quote ! You girls be safe and take charge . Its not how far or how much you ride , it's you have the choice

and the ability. Here in Houston Texas we may have that today Sunday

July the 8th the Sun is trying to show its face ! Thank God !:flame:

Hi Vicki J , Hope the hubby is up and feeling better ,give him some of those soothing back rubs !! I know ... sometimes we have to suck it up and baby them .Its hard but we can do it. Well hope your doing good and riding I may take a trip around town today . I have some chores to do here at home that require a trip to the hardware store that require my truck and not my scooter )dawn it.. But will try and get that stuff wacked out and take a evening ride. If ya'll make it to College Station have a safe

trip . Me and the Bf are planning on some road trips but out of Texas and with a TRAILER Relaxing road trips .HE retires in Sept at the ripe old age of 55. Must be nice !!! He has passion and its Harley's .He has 4 Classic's .And doesn't have time to ride any right now. I'm afraid he won't really retire and enjoy them you know. He ahs a dozer business up North and has Cat equipment he will operate more into once he retires , I think he is looking forward to being more involved in that and getting out of his city job. He says he will .We will see . Keep in touch .Sandra

Hi riders! Its been a great day for a ride in Oklahoma today. Lots of sun for a change! I rode to OKC and all over the city and back by myself, had a great time going where I wanted and enjoyed just being in the wind. Sure helps to blow out the cobwebs! Looks like summer has set in. Hope tto get to ride more often now. 15 days till band day! I can hardly wait! Take care all and keep the rubber on the pavement.

I'm just glad someone is riding, somewhere. The one day around here that was worth the attempt, I was in the coal mine, working. Spent the whole day in the cage, yesterday, and I have to go back to work (on nights), tonight. Sometimes life just ain't fair.

Keep you knees in the breeze!

I'm just glad someone is riding, somewhere. The one day around here that was worth the attempt, I was in the coal mine, working. Spent the whole day in the cage, yesterday, and I have to go back to work (on nights), tonight. Sometimes life just ain't fair.

Keep you knees in the breeze!

Hi Randy,

I'm feel for you. Never been in a coal mine but I worked 3 shift for years. Thank-God I don't have to do that any more. I had some close calls on my forklift on Sunday nights after staying up all weekend. Of course I have mellowed out since those days.

Rode around town today, got wet coming home. Pouring outside now. Guess I'm done for a few days. Looks like we are back in the monsoon season again!

Ride as often as you can and keep the sunnyside up!

Thanks Renee, I finally got in a short ride (if you want to call it that) to work and back. This morning riding home was a killer because I was on my feet and on the ground most of the night. We only work days and nights on a 12 hour shift. I've been at it for the last 28 years.