Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Thank goodness for the sunshine! I got to ride to work today as well and took the long way home just to enjoy it more. I'm thinking about riding up to Dallas this weekend. Well, Forney actually. A friend of mine is getting her house ready to sell and I'm going up for a working weekend to help her purge junk. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate. I just don't trust my dear old, well used car to make the trip...lol And of course, any excuse for a road trip! :whoo:

Randy, how's Joy doing? I hope you get more riding days in too!! Less than a month to Sturgis! :P Have you decided to go?

:peace:

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....this is wonderful..I just stumbled on this thread..anyone around? ha We have a Heritage Softail..I ride on back so i can look around or take naps if I get a chance..lol...I do all the picture taking too...I ahv ehad my band for a lil over 4 yrs and find that I can always find soemthign to eat when we are on our rides. We went to Sturgis 2 yrs ago with a bunch of friends and were gone for 6 days..i did fine!..Just go and have a blast folks...LIFE IS GRAND ON A BIKE!..lol

Welcome macacoza,

I agree life is grand on a bike! I ride a 97 RoadKing. I love it! There is just nothing better than feeling the wind in my face..and the sound of rolling thunder! I can sing all I want and no one can tell I'm off key. LOL!

Come back and tell us more about life on a bike with the band. How much have you lost? are you at your goal? I'm being banded in 2 weeks. I can hardly wait till I can fit into a much smaller pair of chaps!

Ride Safe, Later

Welcome to our merry little band of bikers Macacoza! It's great to know that you've been successfully doing both for 4 years! I'm definatley looking forward to Sturgis. It will be my first time. A virgin again after all these years...lol Gotta have some fun! :whoo:

I think I may upgrade next year but I promised my little Sporty that we'd be going to Sturgis together. I'm thinking a Road King too because it appears it would be more comfortable on the longer rides. I can't wait to lose my weight. I refuse to get chaps for this big old butt...lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Carol, not yet. Maybe I'll just wander around the country until I get some direction?? Or divine inspiration??? Joy is doing well. We're headed back for her 3 weeks check up, tomorrow. I'm waiting for the all clear. I may get a room on the way home. I wonder where I could get one for a few hours.... LOL And it ain't that big, folks. Don't let her fool you.

Welcome macacoza. Are you planning on Sturgis this year?

Renee, I always thought all those women making loud, screeching noises were enjoying the "ride"? LMAO Now I know the truth.

Carol, enjoyed seeing your ride! We finally put some knots in my hair Sunday night...took the bike to see a movie...back roads - I love taking the long way! But alas, the rain is not completely gone, and when it is, dang is it hot and humid.

Thinking of taking the bike (trailering, kids going too) to New Mexico for vacation. There's some great trails up there, and my son would bring his crotch rocket. I keep telling him it's not about the speed, it's about the sound and the chrome!!! Think we'd have any "air" problems? About 10,000+ altitude. Also, Galveston is coming up, anyone going?

Ride safe!

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW...I am so excited to hear from you all and to be welcomed like this!.. We will not be goign to Sturgis this year as my hubby broke his leg 9 weeks ago on duty. HE is a City policeman and was chasing a 17 yr old girl froim an underage drinking party..HE CAUGHT HER TOO!..haha..not bad for a 57 yr old man with 20 lbs of gear aroudn his waist..haha..taking her back to the patrol car they had to jump a fence..when he landed..SNAP..there went the Harley season!..There is always next year! Being banded and riding?? well..it is a piece of cake with a few changes and being aware of eating right and takign care of yourself..I forget I even have it except for meal times. HAve had the band since March of 2003. HAve lost 95 lbs and kept it off give or take 5 lbs..i go up 5..I go down 5..BUT i am very happy with where I am..size 6 chaps..woww..who would have ever thought it!..This band i know can be hard at times..but over all..i thank God every day for my health..no knee pain..feet pain..and can go all day..and half the nite..lol...I have read a lot of the threads that folks have had trouble..i feel for them..I just take a day at a time and know that it is a gift..a tool that helps me to stay healthy..my my my..listen to me go on and on..y'all will be sorry you welcomed me here...lol Thank you all again! be safe out there!

deb

I had to re-read these and I am laughing my head off..i sing too..do we all?? I wonder what kind of noise the birds here as a bunch of us go by and all the hear is the rumble of the bikes,.,and the ummm..singing ...I hope you all ahve a blast at Sturgis...remember us here!..lol

My hubby just reminded me that being from such lower elevations you are not jetted for the higher elevations...our Heritage Softail is jetted for it so we dont have trouble. We rode to Cripple Creek which is at 10,000 ft and about 45 mi from us and all is good!..take care of you all and ride safe..off to bed I go!!..nite nite and sweet dreams

Hey Randy, glad to hear Joy's doing well and you'll be able to ..um...test drive the parts soon....lol I'm still working out my ride arrangements but I'm certain that I'll find someone to ride up there with.

Cindi, thanks for the comments. The New Mexico trip sounds like it would be a blast. I haven't quite thought about Galveston yet. That's in November right? I just want to get through August with the Sturgis trip and then flying to vegas just a week later for my daughter's 21st bday. If I have any money left..lol...then I'll think about Galveston. Would love to do SPIfest too but I think I'll save that one for next year.

I'm a singer too Macacoza. Before my IPOD and now it's so much worse...lol Singing along at the top of my lungs. Course with the face sheild on it's so much safer. Don't want to swallow any bugs..lol Thanks for the input on the banded bike lifestyle. I know my only regret is not getting things done sooner. And that applies to the band and getting my Harley. I'll never be a size 6 but I can't wait to never have to shop at the fat lady stores ever again! :whoo: I hope your husband heals quickly.

We had sunshine again today. Hoping it holds out for the weekend so I can ride to Dallas instead of taking the car.

I am gettign the idea that you are in TX..lol..I was born and lived first 21 yrs in Lubbock, TX...so was my hubby! I go back once a yr to visit friends and relatives..although I do love Colorado! Keep on the track and you will wake up one morning and all of this will be worth it...it surprised me that I got this size...BUT..I am very short...and before I was as wide as i was tall..and I hurt everywhere. Just watch the foods you eat while gone..you know what to eat and what not to..there is always soemthing you can find to eat. AND you will be having so much fun that you wont worry about it. GO..RIDE...LIVE THE DREAM..and relax and knwo that you are ok..and the band will love the ride!..haha

nite nite!

Hey Macacoza. Yes, from Texas and in Texas right now but I moved back here 13 yrs ago from Colorado. :) I sure miss the mountains and the changing seasons but I do not miss snow and cold...lol You can ride almost year round in our neck of the woods. I'll be heading up there maybe later this fall. My Father's getting married...again...lol This will make wife #4. I told him "you kids these days. You know you don't have to get married. You can just shack up" lol It gave him a laugh. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the visit if I get up there. It's been a couple years since we've been back. He's in Glenwood Springs. Where are you?

Hey deb, tell hubby that he can ride bitch and you'll do the driving....LOL I'm sure that will go over like a lead balloon. I've got a brother who is a cop in Fort Worth, motorcycles. And as far as the singing goes...I don't know about scaring the birds, but we do scare a lot of cows around these parts. We even have one of our riders who sports a cow bell on his "Kowasaki".

Carol, I'm sooooooo excited....hehehe