Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

I'm to be banded on Oct. 15 and we are headed off to San Diego on the 19th. We were gonna tow the bike and ride it while down there. Will it be ok for me to ride then? Too soon? I appreciate your feedback.

Valerie ;)

Hard to say. Is it a cruiser? Sports bike? Custom? I would think, considering my wife's surgery, that if it is a cruiser/dresser you should be okay. Just try to stay off any of the really bumpy streets.

Hey Valerie!

Ask your Doctor for certain. The thing that I remember about that early out is the total lack of energy. If you're doc's like mine you'll be on liquids and not getting a whole lot of calories. If you're the passenger it's a little safer but if you're in charge I wouldn't recommend riding that early. You'll be a little spacey...lol

Good luck on your banding! It definately is the best thing ever!

:peace:

Gotta love October in Texas. It's actually starting to cool off some which is making for some gorgeous riding weather. Hoping to do a pre-ride on the 'three's' this weekend before my chapter ride on the 21st. I sure hope the weather holds out. It will make for a lovely day.

I hope everyone is out and riding and doing well

:peace:

Hello All,

Beautiful riding here in Louisiana also. Just rode to the doc's office for a 1.5cc fill. Thats my second. I stayed as far away from the interstate as possible. I haven't been round the boards much lately hope everyone is doing great. The weather is supposed to be beautiful here all weekend, and my car is in the shop for A/C work. Going to have to stick to the bike, gotta hate that. . . NOT.

Jim

Hmm didn't know this thread was here :rolleyes: I ride but, mostly ride on the back with my DH doing the driving. Yamaha Midnight Venture....nice seat on it for me haha. I have to admit that sometimes the charity rides we do end with some kind of cookout and that food is hard for me. Mainly because they over cook it and dry it out so much. That part is hard but, if we do a regular ride with friends, we usually stop somewhere that I can manage to get something band friendly to eat. I'm over a year out so no issues with my band really other than having to watch the food I pick to eat.

OK, the weather is great! I go for a short ride to do some errands and I smell oil burning. Can't be me, must be the car next to me at the bank. More errands with a stop at the credit union. I'm about to mount up for the ride home and notice that the right side bags are covered in oil. Well, dang....:cry I rode back to the house and parked her. Checked my manual and with the dealership. After cooling off I cranked it up and warmed it up in a hurry. Ah ha! Oil dripping from the rocker box on the rear jug. The gasket was out. Picked my baby up from the HD of Waco today. The ride home was great! Now I'm ready for more and I've got to do the family thing down in San Antonio again....there's always next week.

Hi Biker Bandsters....I too just found the site. My surgery is scheduled for Nov 6 if a Urology consult doesn't derail it (found blood in a recent UA and have a family history of kidney and bladder cancer). I, unfortunately, am coming to the close of my riding season (Bismarck ND). But I grab any time I can get. I have a 2006 Yamaha 1200 Star. I am looking forward to being able to get into leathers in the spring so I don't look like a black stuffed sausage! And being able to ride comfortably without the weight. My biggest fear is failing this too like all the past attempts to lose wt. Glad to read about all the riders still going strong in Oct, that's one of the curses of living on the North prairie.

Penny

Well I'm just over 2 weeks post-op. Last evening DH and I went for a ride on the bike. We rode 2 up as he crashed his and he has not yet replaced it. First I rode with him as the "bitch" and all was fine. I was nervous because my bike is heavy (Royal Star Tour Deluxe) and with DH on the bike it is even heavier. But I did great. No problem, no pain. Then it was DH's turn to be the rider and I rode on the back (won't call myself a bitch!)LOL I swear he hit every darn pot hole, bump, whatever in the road! Hitting the bumps did hurt. I was holding my tummy by the time we got home! Glad his bike is coming in this week!

Babs, no doubt your problem was the fact that you couldn't prepare for the bad road conditions like you could when you were sitting up front. I'm sure he didn't hit too many of those pot holes on purpose.

Penny, I hope the test results come back ok. Too bad about the end of your riding season. I was up for Sturgis this year and you folks have some good rides up that way.

Whosyadaddy, same problem up your way. Hopefully you can upgrade that ride and REALLY enjoy yourself next year.