Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Surgery Center just called. I need to be there at 5:45 a.m. and my surgery is scheduled for 7:00 a.m. Holy crap! This time tomorrow I will be banded!!!! eek.gif

I've done everything I'm supposed to do. I have everything I need. I have people praying for a successful surgery. It's all in God's (and the surgeon's) hands now.

Right now my gut feels like it might feel when getting on a roller coaster ride that hasn't started yet. You are sitting in your seat, strapped in and waiting for the ride to start moving.

I hope this is worth it. I hope I'm successful. I hope I don't regret it. I hope a year from now I can look back and say it was the best thing I ever did for myself like I hear so many others say.

Here I go!

Good luck Karen! It'll go great for you tomorrow. And trust me, you won't need a year to say all those things. You'll be saying them within a month!

Steve, I hope you're doing well! It's a little rough at first but it passess quickly.

Hey Randy! Good to see your name! Ride was great. Doing another one this Sunday. Supposed to be 68 and partly cloudy. Should be a great day. I rode today to work. It was a bit cool this morning but not bad at all.

Ride safe everyone!

:eek:

Yeah Karen! Good luck today!!!!! Be Praying for ya!

Saw a FatBOB commercial on tv this morning at the gym made me think of you!

Right now if your reading this your prolly a little sore but it will get better.

I really like that bike and im am not a Harley fan at all (even though i live nr Milwaukee!)

Hope you did ok!

and

WELCOME to BANDLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen, hope your surgery was ok. I can't imagine ANY surgery being good. My God, they cut you open! Just take the time to heal, follow the doctor's orders to the T. Joy did and she hasn't had one BIT of a problem. In no time, you'll be puttin' around again.

Karen,

Hope all is well with you, mine went fine. Only problem was I forgot the Mardi Gras beads for the nurses but told them I would bring them next visit! I posted in the guys section to give an update, also told how I went to an auction today after the wife told me I probably hadnt ought to . . . . . . . . she "might" of been right!

I think I'll rest for a few days and then venture out. After all, I have the winter off so why get in a hurry. She's even putting wood on the fire, life's good!

Good luck to all, Steve

Looks like I found my thread!

I'm not banded yet....have just started the process. I'm a freaking self-pay so hopefully the one up side of that is that it can move a little faster!

Been an HD rider for about seven years.....on my second harley!

Also work for the local dealership......and I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to the days that I will be able to pick anything up off the rack and it will FIT!

Also looking forward to visiting with fellow bikers.....

HarleyGirl, welcome. Things here tend to take spurts. I guess it has something to do with the weather. When it's good, not much happening. What part of the country are you from? Central Texas here. '98 Roadking Classic.

We have a place in Texas, I would consider central----a little town called Comanche....near Brownwood, or Stephenville. We keep talking about riding down one of our trips, but no matter when we go, we have work to do, so need the truck!!!

Kat

HarleyGirl, welcome. Things here tend to take spurts. I guess it has something to do with the weather. When it's good, not much happening. What part of the country are you from? Central Texas here. '98 Roadking Classic.

Northern Utah.....under three feet of snow right now....

:thumbup::mad2::angry::mad2::tt1:

Massachusetts here....snowed yesterday but, just a dustin. DH went out on his bike last Saturday...won't be doing that this weekend.

Well Happy Saturday everyone! It's suppsosed to be in the mid 70's here in San Antonio and I'll be on the bike in about 30 minutes...well...just to ride to the dealership for a LOH bake sale..lol But I'm riding! :tt1:

Steve glad to hear you're doing well.

Harley girl! Welcome! I'm jealous of you working at a dealership. I think that would be a blast, not to mention the discount...lol

To all our frozen friends, be patient because your spring will be there before you know it and then I expect to hear a lot about butts on bikes! :thumbup:

Peace to all and ride safe!

:angry:

Carol,

Glad to see someone get's to go play! Should be up around 50 here today but I know it's still to soon to even think about swinging a leg over the bike. Havent seen the grandbaby for a couple week's so guess where I'll be today.

Welcome HarleyGirl, 3 feet of snow wow, bet you forgot what it was like to ride! Still takin it easy here and plan to for awhile. Have a good one and ride safe! Steve

Looks like I found my thread!

I'm not banded yet....have just started the process. I'm a freaking self-pay so hopefully the one up side of that is that it can move a little faster!

Been an HD rider for about seven years.....on my second harley!

Also work for the local dealership......and I'm soooooooooooo looking forward to the days that I will be able to pick anything up off the rack and it will FIT!

Also looking forward to visiting with fellow bikers.....

Welcome Harley Girl! I was self pay as well and it went extremely fast. Less than a month from my orientation meeting until my surgery which was on Thursday! I hear you about being able to find things that fit at the Harley store! They have gotten better but there are still a lot of things that I would like to wear that I know would look like crap on a fat chick so I have just abstained. Can't wait to wear sexy leathers while ridin! Know what I mean? :thumbdown:

Karen,

Hope all is well with you, mine went fine. Only problem was I forgot the Mardi Gras beads for the nurses but told them I would bring them next visit! I posted in the guys section to give an update, also told how I went to an auction today after the wife told me I probably hadnt ought to . . . . . . . . she "might" of been right!

I think I'll rest for a few days and then venture out. After all, I have the winter off so why get in a hurry. She's even putting wood on the fire, life's good!

Good luck to all, Steve

So uh Steve, what did the nurses have to do to get those Mardis Gras beads from you????? :thumbup:

I'm actually going over to friend's house tonight for a bit and even went out in the backyard to clear out the land mines from the dogs this afternoon! (The DH just isn't very good with that kind of thing).

The way I'm feeling right now I'm thinking that I should be back on my bike by next weekend easy!!!! :thumbdown:

Enjoy that fire!!!

I don't care what the stupid ground hog said......here in Florida it's in the 70's, the pollen is making everything yellow and the azaleas are blooming everywhere. Spring is sprunging around here already, although a later cold snap inevitably comes around bike week! :thumbdown:

Oh and NASCAR season starts tonight with the Bud Shootout so life is gearing up down here in the deep south. I'll try to make sure it works it's way up to you guys!!!!