Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Quick update since the sleepy's have worn off...it was 1297.9 not 1279..every mile counts..lol

Already looking forward to the next big ride! More than likely a short trip to Austin in June for ROT.

Hope everyone is doing well.

:peace:

Well,

Wish me luck. I'm going for my motorcycle permit tomorrow and haven't even picked up the book. My husband bought himself a 07 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100, yeah, I know they don't count because they're not a Harley buttttttttt, and so today he bought a Honda Goldwing Aspencade and I mean this baby is loaded even comes with a luggage trailer to pull behind it with a custom paint that matches the bike so he gave me the new Honda Shadow.

I've been riding bikes my whole life but never had a licenses. Wish me luck.

Beachgirl!! Best of luck! I know you can do it! It's just like riding a bike...hmm....wait...lol You'll be just fine! And as long as it has two wheels and you don't have to pedal it, it all counts!!!

Give us an update tomorrow!

Dang Carol, you missed a couple of bugs right there in your lower row of teeth....hehehe YOU IS A BIKER, for sure! As for the rain gear, I hope you picked up a pair of Frogg Toggs (best gear I've found). I haven't been riding much because it seems to be raining EVERY FRIGGIN' DAY in this part of the country. Out of four days at work, I got to ride home in the rain twice. The Toggs kept me warm and dry, but it still SUCKED! Looking forward to ROT. The girls (wife, sister and friend) are going down on Wednesday. They have an early appointment for a fitting at one of the shops down there. I'll be down Thursday afternoon to check in at the Crown Plaza. If you come by, just look for the 95th Anniversary Roadking Classic with the leather tour pack. And the wide whitewall tires...

Beachgirl, good luck and how did you do?

well, I'm riding this weekend.. I've been riding since 2000... I got my hubby into riding a few years ago and now we both ride.. sometimes I like to ride B*!@# on back b/c I like to sight see.. I don't have harley, I have a yamaha v-star 1100--it's a cruiser with some extra chromage going on.. I like it-- the price (half of the price of a harley) fits my budget. I don't have any problems riding as far as the band goes.. I take Water w/me in the saddle bag, so we make lots of stops and since i'm hungry every few hours, i take me a Zone Perfect Protein Bar or 2 and we are always looking for a place to stop & eat, because that's what we like to do.. so I share a few pieces of vittles off of my hubby's plate.. works out fine and dandy....... I hope that you all enjoy this long 3 day weekend... planning on riding on this end of Houston, TX- we rode to college station last weekend to a place in Wellborn, TX and ate and place called Hullabaloos--- best Carnegie Cheesecake and best philly cheesesteak that I've every had.. My hubby saw the place on FoodNetwork, so we had to check it out. It's a diner type establishment with add ons.. they brought the diner from NY via truck (1800 miles) Kind of a neat story and great food...

Hey fellow bikers - I'm just getting started on the trail to Bandlandia. How long did they keep you off your bike. Like Carol I just started riding last year. I started with an 883 Sportie but found that the Heritage Softtail fit me better. It looks like if I'm lucky my surgery will be scheduled for late summer or early fall. My DH is already having withdrawl symptoms from just thinking about not planning trips for us.

Hey everyone,

Test was easy, I passed, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

We're leaving for Destin Florida on Wednesday but since my back hurts alot we're driving the truck and taking the bikes with us. I know, I'm a baby but as soon as I loose a few more pounds the doc thinks my back will be better and then maybe I can be a real biker and ride more.

Hope you guys are having a great week.

Ride on

Congrats Beachgirl!!! :first: Way to go!! Enjoy next week! There's nothing wrong with getting there one way as long as you get to ride when you're there. Have a great time!

Welcome Vicki! Most people have suggested asking your doctor the same question. I was grounded for achilles tendon repair so I can't say after band surgery. It's such a fast recovery though that I bet it won't be to long. I'm enjoying my Sporster but I imagine at some point I'll upgrade. Someone was just talking to me about a Heritage. If I keep taking long road trips I may upgrade sooner..lol I'm determined to ride the Sportie to Sturgis though this year.

We're still stuck in the rain down here in Texas. I'm sooooooooo tired of it. Hopefully we'll have consistent summer here like we're used to soon. :peace:

Have you guys ever heard of Little Sturgis. I just live 20 miles from there. It's in Sturgis Kentucky.

No, I haven't. Do they have an event there too?

Hey Randy, looks like I'm heading up for ROT Friday after work. We're staying on the south side of town though at the Homewood Suites right at 35 and 290. Would be nice to meet you and your wife possibly Saturday sometime at the rally? Let's hope the rain moves on out for next weekend.

Carol, I hear you about the rain. Got my fingers crossed. And we'd love to get together. I'll send you something in a PM to make the connection.

Well, looking at the longterm forecast it appears as if we might actually have a decent weekend! :whoo: I'll keep my fingers crossed that the weather cooperates but I think I'll pack the rain suit too just in case..lol

Joy and I actually pulled in at Gander Mountain and picker her up some Frogg Toggs and goggles. I learned my lesson a long time ago and I haven't found ANYTHING better than the Toggs.

Vicki J, I was off my bike for about 6-8 wks... everyone is different.. follow up with your doc..

Hey all may be going to the Austin BIke Rally this weekend... :)

clynnc , sounds great. Come and join in the fun. Leave your granny and your modesty in Houston.....LOL On a more serious note, my wife, Joy, would never even consider doing something wild and crazy. But we both enjoy watching all the wild and crazy folks at the rally.