Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

Thanks Carol, Definetly those helmets will be on. They offer new rider courses thru where we bought the bike I am very interested in taking just not sure when to find the time but before I take control hubby will make me that I do know.:) Also got my first Harley tattoo I am getting so excited for summer.

I don't mean to add insult to injury, but the ride to work today was PERFECT!!!!!!!! The temp was perfect, the bike felt brand new with that new rear tire! soooooooooo happy.

You're going to have an awesome ride when the weather clears up!!!!!!!!

Neveragain, Arizona is one of the best areas to ride. I use to live in Yuma. When I was out there, I had a Honda 350 Street/Trail bike. The desert is a nice place to ride.

See...that's what you get for bragging...lol

Glad you made it home safely. I know I'm looking forward to the sun coming out although I'll be out of town for a few days starting Sunday. But next weekend there's a local small rally up in the hill country so all I'm requesting is sunshine for that day!

Blj...you go girl! I have three tattoos and the first one was a heart with wings. Harley wings of course. I set my heart free to do what I want and almost ten years later (good god where did the time go?) I really am. With the Harley last year and the band this year I'm ready to live free for the next half of my life. :shade: One of my biggest dreams is to experience Sturgis and it's on the calendar for this year. Already have the campsite reserved. Just need to find people to go with since my buddy has potentially wimped out. Planning on joining the new HOG group at the dealership that opened near my house. Hopefully I'll find some riders with cajones. lol

lol....yes never again that is what you get for teasing us! :)

I have rode in the rain, UGH...funny how you never know rain hurts till you are on a bike! LOL....

But I am glad as well you made it home. :)

Good for you BJ! :D I have 2 tats, no HD ones yet. And one will be going when I get my tummy tuck! lol...

Brandy, I can't think of a better reason to lose a tattoo! woohoo!

Cavediver, thanks for the suggestion. I had wondered if those would be beneficial for a long ride.

I'm off to Florida tomorrow for a business conference. First trip with band in place but I'm sure it'll all be fine. Everyone have a great week and I'll see you next Thursday! :shade:

If only this had been a trip to Daytona. (sigh) Ah well, maybe next year.

:peace:

Well Florida was gorgeous. Went to the Tampa HD store to get a pin to add to my collection. I wanted to take off on one of the bikes too...lol It was 80 and sunny every day. And then back to the Alamo City and nothing by rain. (sniff...sniff...) There's a slight chance for sun on Sunday and then I'll be off. I swear I'm going through withdrawals..lol

I hope everyone's doing well!

Doing great, Carol. Watching the rain come down in buckets. I guess you saw all the reports about the rain around Corsicana? I'm just south of there, ugh. But I did get all my reservations for ROT, so I'm sitting on go.

Hey Randy. Being in Florida I didn't get to many details about all that was going on back in Texas but I did see it was getting saturated. I hope ya'll didn't have any damage or flooding. I'm glad you're set for ROT. I haven't decided yet. I need to review my finances before I commit. Amarillo in May and Sturgis are the priorities for me. Plus I have my daughter's 21st bday also in August in Vegas. Although I'm sure as it gets closer, I'll 'have' to be there...lol

I bought some luggage for the bike today at HD. It's going to have plenty of room to carry stuff. Plus it will be on my bi**h seat...ahem...passenger seat so I can use it as a backrest too. Has a big bag and also a small weekender for those quick trips.

But I'm so ready for the rain to be gone. Looks like we might get a break starting tomorrow afternoon. (fingers crossed)

I hear you. We got awakened last night by the front passing through. Big thunderbumpers, but not much rain.

I'm still trying to convince myself that I need to go to Sturgis. I've already put the vacation time down on the books. I even found a cabin at a KOA camp for a reasonable price. Maybe ROT will motivate me.

Excellent idea on the backrest bags. Those long trips get easier when you can change positions and still reach everything. I've got a couple of backpacks that I use. Strap them to the seat and head out.

We have sunshine!!! Woohoo!!! Took off about midday to go hang out at the HD dealership. They had a band playing so I stayed there a bit and then took the long way home. I really need to find some regular people that ride all the time. I'm kind of hesitant to just take off by myself but tomorrow may be the day. :shade: If it's even half as nice as today I think I'll go find me some hill country to enjoy.

Randy I hope ya'll are being blessed with the same change in the weather. It was pretty nasty around here last night too. Remeber the stuff anywhere close to Sturgis books up really fast. I have my tent reserved and I can still cancel by 6/15 and get 80% back. I'm planning on going though. I think I'll meet some people by then who want to ride up there too. At this point there's a second air mattress with no one's name on it...lol

I took off early on Friday hubby and I took the bike on an overnite it was great. The weather here was so warm when we left. Then on our return trip on Saturday oh my gosh I thought I was going to freeze. Definitly a major temp change over nite.