Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Bikers II

OK, where the heck is everyone? I noticed that I was the LAST ONE to post in here and that was back on SEPTEMBER THE 11TH. Sheesh! I'm glad someone is getting to ride. It has been raining a bit here and I've been close to the home fires.

?????????????????????????Anybody????????????????????????????

Well, I haven't been riding! Just a week out from my surgery and know I can't get on the bike for a few weeks and by then it's too cold to ride here. Pretty cold already today, brisk fall day and I LOVE IT!! Have to go back to work Monday so I'd better enjoy this weekend. In the mean time I live vicariously through those who live to ride and ride to live! So post your latest adventures and give me some joy!

Well, hi CJ ! Good to see you and congratulations with the surgery. Hopefully everything is going well? I have managed a couple of very short rides in the past week, but mostly to and from work. I put on a slightly larger jacket and climb on and brave the cooler temps. I think it was down in the upper 40's when I rode home Sunday morning. Thank goodness it's only ten miles to the house.

Alright already...I'll come in from play time to post....lol

All's been well down here in the Hill Country. The weather's been gorgeous and we've been doing lots of riding. Hoping to get the Three Sisters in sometime soon before it gets too cold.

I've been kind of wrapped up in getting laid off by a certain bank that can't accept responsibility for their own failures, they have to blame it on others. After 23 years (21 with my real company) I have to now go out and figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Kind of sucks. 12/1 is my last official day. But I get a 2 year severance package so hopefully that'll pay off some stuff and buy me some time to figure it out.

Hope everyone is doing well. Randy, tell Joy 'Hi' for me. CJ congrats on your surgery! With all the stress of this year I've not lost a pound but put some on. Just getting my head back in the game and starting to exercise and pay attention to what I'm eating again. The thought of shopping for work clothes...ack....lol

Peace to all and safe riding!

Carol :grouphug:

Hmmmmm, two years to ride around and look for the perfect position... Not sure I could do that. I prefer riding to the coal mine every other day, no matter what the weather. Making sure that the folks in Dallas have electricity. NOT ! ! ! Sorry to hear that you have to start all over, Carol. But it could be a good thing, too. Here's hoping.

Hi Everyone, it has been awhile since I have been on. I celebrated my 1 year bandiversary Oct 9, 2008. So far I have lost 73 lbs. I have 12 more to go to hit my goal but I am stuck so will have to shake things up but I look at the whole picture and how far I have come and I am feeling great. We have done quite a few poker runs this summer and are gearing up for the upcoming toy runs in our area. One of the great joys is that our son has taken up riding and loves it. His first Harley is a 95th anniversary Road King ours is the 95th anniversary Road Glide so we get a lot of looks and compliments when the pair pull in. I have to tell everyone that it is so much easier to get on the bike and DH says it is like I am not even there. I haven't had any problems when we ride as far as getting my Water in and stuff, I order off the menu and just make wiser choices than I used to. I ordered an omlet for Breakfast one morning of a poker run and cut off 1/3, and gave the rest (along with the hashbrowns and toast)to DH (it was a 3 egg omlet) and off we went. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ride safe:)

Woohoo!! 12 pounds to go! Congrats!! :thumbup:

I've still been struggling mainly getting the exercise going again. I've decided it's time for a breakthrough so this will be the new adjustment week. Wish me luck...lol I need to get this aspect of my life back on track especially with the fact I have to find a new job after 23 years at one place. It's pretty scary with today's economic situation. However I've always fallen in to things and it's always been a good thing so this is just another time for a great adventure.

Today started out well! The local rock station is giving away a 2009 Rocker and $10,000 and I won my entry this morning! Thanks to friends who were listening...lol I was still asleep. I've had entries before but I figured now that I own a Harley I'll win one. But hey, it'll sell! I'm not to fond of the ride on the rocker. We had demo rides this weekend and I got to ride a Crossbones and a Screaming Eagle Fat Bob. Now those are my next two favorite rides behind my Road King of course.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Peace to all and safe riding!

Hey Fellow Bikers.

Just found the bikers block, still somewhat new to the site and the banded life. Finally some Texas folks to chat with. Anybody gonna make it down to the Lone Star Rally in Galveston in December?

THG, sorry it has been a while since I came in here. Lots of traveling and shopping going on. I guess that's what I get for living out in the sticks.

I noticed they have moved the Lone Star Rally back to the middle of the month....right into the weekend I have to work the night shift, dang it! I never have been down there for the rally. I would imagine it is still pretty tore up from the hurricane. Maybe next year????

Carol-

Do you live in the Hill Country? If so, you are so lucky! Last easter I rode my bike out there to do the twisted sisters and fell in LOVE with the area! I will have to hollar at you next time I head out that way. Truly a biker's paradise... and a cowgirls paradisse too!

Hey there! I'm on the NW side of town so it only takes me 20 minutes and I'm there! Three sisters is my favorite ride in fact I just rode it last month. I love living down here!! It may get a little cold but it's been a gorgeous winter so far. Definitely give me a holler when you come down. We can go riding and admire the hills and the wranglers too!! woohoo!! That would be the other reason I love living here!!

Happy New Year to all!!

THG...did you go to the Lone Star Rally? Just wondered how it was? I was busy with HOG chapter stuff so I couldn't take off.

Randy...where you at? Staying warm up there in the north? Okay, it's only north Texas but we all know the difference a few hundred miles can make...lmao! I'm on month two of my 'laid off' vacation and loving it just a little to much. Riding whenever I want can really be tough on a girl! Not!! ROT presale started today. Not sure yet if I'm going. It'll depend on the finances and job and what not. We're doing our Big Bend ride again in April and I'm in charge of getting it all together. Then in July we're doing a Grand Canyon ride that I really want to go on so I may have to either pass on ROT or make it a day trip. Give my love to Joy!!

Peace to all and safe riding!! :lol:

New bandster and seasoned biker chick here! I have been riding for the last 8 years and will be having my band surgery 3/18/09.

Hi all! I got my band January 13th, 2009. I just saw this on Banded Bikers. My hubby has a 2008 HD Dyna Wide Glide. He has ridden bikes most of his 53 years. Last year he surprised me with my own Suzuki Burgman. I had taken the MSF class 2 years ago but never felt comfortable on a cruiser. I love the Burgman as it suits me for tooling around and getting back and forth to work.

We live in North Texas (Red Oak) and have a group of close friends that we ride and get together with. Alot of different bikes.

So far I have lost 30 pounds and go in for a fill this afternoon. Nice to find this group.:rolleyes:

Welcome Burgygirl and belated greetings to newmsa as well. We've been kind of quiet around here. I think everyone's hibernating. Well I know I'm not. We've been blessed with a mild winter so there's been lots of riding. Between Fri to Sun I added an additional 600 miles to Elvis. I'm less than a month away from having him a year and we just crossed over 18000 miles. Enjoy the band! It works when you work with it! I'm trying to still get back in the game. The past year of family stress and getting laid off caused me not to care. But this is the year of healing so I'm getting back on the band wagon...pun intended...lol It sure makes getting around on the bike a lot easier. Maybe someday we can get all us 'Texans' to meet up in the middle of the state somewhere.

I was over near College Station the last weekend in Feb and the Bluebonnets were already out!! :laugh:

In the meantime...Peace to all and safe riding!

OK, Carol, here we go again. ROT is June 11-14. Got my tickets and hotel reservations (Crown Plaza). Got the vacation time. Good to see you posting again. Welcome to the newbies. I'm the horndog, fatherly type (wink, wink). Haven't gotten to ride as much as I'd like, but the weather is warming up, woooohoooooo! Going to the Hawgs of Texas rally at Lake Somerville the last weekend of April. Maybe I'll see you there. That's the rally where EVERYBODY gets naked.....LOL