Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sh!t Just Got Real. Regrets.

Ok before anyone gets upset I am just being honest about how I feel 16 days post op. I am down 24 pounds according to my scale and yes I'm happy with that, BUT at this point I am feeling like I have gave up SO much (tacos, all my Mexican food, rice, noodles, dairy products, chips, almost any carbs) for 24 pounds!!!! I realize that I will most likely keep losing weight and Lord willing reach my goals but right now I still can't fit my clothes!?!!??!?! So I am angry at myself for having to go to such an extream and now not be able to even eat Cereal with my kids and well I guess just that. I am being forced to break up with the one thing that has been with me for 28 years. My food addiction. I know I asked for this I know I want/Ed this but right now I feel like wtf did I do.

Please don't leave judgement comments. I just need support and to know from anyone over 2weeks that this is really worth it and that the weight will come off.

It is tough! I am trying to make things as normal as possible. Still go out to eat with my husband and family/friends. I missed the social part of it. I don't eat much...just a couple of bites but at least I feel included. I wish you the best! Hope it gets better soon!

I feel your pain.

But you must remember why we did this to our selfs.

Are you going to support group meetings.

Last week I was at the breaking point my support group and this Fourm help me stay on track.

We all need help every now and then. Don't be afraid to ask we are here for you

I went thru the "WTF did I do to myself?" As well after surgery. I was expecting to not be hungry, I always felt hungry. My doc had me on mush, I hate mushy stuff. Everyone around me was eating real food and I was in mourning that I wouldn't be able to eat again. I am now 11 Weeks out. I feel amazing. I can eat real food. The WTF's have passed and I am honestly able to say I am proud of myself for doing this, taking care of myself, putting me first. The hard moments are few and far between. Hang in there! This place is full of support and a great place to vent during those moments. Wishing you great success! :)

Sent from my VS920 4G using RNYTalk

I am sure you will feel differently once you notice more results. Imagine reaching your goal...that's worth the sacrifice! And after you reach your goal you can treat yourself to Mexican in moderation! Hang in there!

I'm a little over 2 months. I'm at the wtf stage... I'm not able to eat normal food like everyone else,but I was able to eat chicken once & now vomit. I'm never hungry & when I'm hungry it's like I feel like a bird. I can only enjoy mash potatoes,sunflower seeds,water,small steak, and idk what else I eat Lolz I'm starting to miss real food but as time passes I'm sure we will enjoy the food we once enjoy again in small amount except oil,grease,butter.

Dear got2bethin, don't you worry one bit about having the wtf's. I have been having them over and over and over. I am one month out am starting to test different foods but everything makes me feel nauseous. Protein Drinks come right back out or make me I'll all day. Thank you for bringing up the wtf's.!! We will survive, we will get thru it and I thank everyone on this board who helps out with the positive suggestions. You keep being strong, one day (hopefully soon) we will also say this has sooooo been worth it.

Ok before anyone gets upset I am just being honest about how I feel 16 days post op. I am down 24 pounds according to my scale and yes I'm happy with that' date=' BUT at this point I am feeling like I have gave up SO much (tacos, all my Mexican food,rice, noodles, dairy products, chips, almost any carbs) for 24 pounds!!!! I realize that I will most likely keep losing weight and Lord willing reach my goals but right now I still can't fit my clothes!?!!??!?! So I am angry at myself for having to go to such an extream and now not be able to even eat Cereal with my kids and well I guess just that. I am being forced to break up with the one thing that has been with me for 28 years. My food addiction. I know I asked for this I know I want/Ed this but right now I feel like wtf did I do.

Please don't leave judgement comments. I just need support and to know from anyone over 2weeks that this is really worth it and that the weight will come off.[/quote']

I don think anyone on here will judge you, we are all going through the same thing. That's is why people who has not gone through it can never understand. We give up so much when we do this surgery, it is never the easy way out. Resisting the food will be a life long challenge just like any addiction! In the beginning u will have lots of wtf and I call them the Y's - y did I do this? Why didn't I stop eating? Y didn't I work out? But I didn't and it's too late I look back now. I made it through this stage by looking online and through magazine at clothes I would be able to wear in a few months. I would suggest you did a tangible goal and cut it out, save on your computer etc ... It could be sexy dress, amazement park, airplane, anything. It helps to keep things in perspective. I have a serious addition to pizzazz the point where I ate it several days every week.

I totally hear ya, I am only 4days post op and I am already so miserable dealing with all the pain I am having regret thoughts as it is. That being said, I am trying to focus on the fact that I over indulged all this time so I can give up some of my faves till I heal and get into a healthier routine. Hang in there lady, take the positive and use the negative to push your father towards your goal!!

Thanks everyone for the love and understanding. I am trying to keep things in perspective but I'm struggling. I appreciate being able to keep it 100 here and be honest.

I don think anyone on here will judge you' date=' we are all going through the same thing. That's is why people who has not gone through it can never understand. We give up so much when we do this surgery, it is never the easy way out. Resisting the food will be a life long challenge just like any addiction! In the beginning u will have lots of wtf and I call them the Y's - y did I do this? Why didn't I stop eating? Y didn't I work out? But I didn't and it's too late I look back now. I made it through this stage by looking online and through magazine at clothes I would be able to wear in a few months. I would suggest you did a tangible goal and cut it out, save on your computer etc ... It could be sexy dress, amazement park, airplane, anything. It helps to keep things in perspective. I have a serious addition to pizzazz the point where I ate it several days every week.[/quote']

Me too I had pizza sometimes twice a week. It's just so damn good with the extra chess & 2 liter pepsi. I miss it but I can live with out it I think till 6 months or 12 months if it doesn't come up but occasionally everyb3 months or so. :(

I am almost 2 weeks post op and I have had the WTF's did I do almost everyday since surgery. I am not going off full liquid diet until the 16th and I cannot wait. I think we will make it through this and one day we will be able to eat some if the foods we liked in moderation. Head hunger is awful and that is alot of what you and I and most people experience. I just keep telling myself that this will pass and I have to accept what cannot be undone. I hope it gets better for you soon!

Hang in there and stay strong. Try to focus on why you did this. Slowly you'll be able to add foods back... IN MODERATION! I found bean or chicken burritos are good, grilled chicken snack wraps go ok. You'll eventually find strength and joy when you overcome food hurdles (past habits). Good luck!