Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I go low on carbs. I go as low as I can.

Sarah, are you going to be around while I am in Chicago again? I'll be there

7-21- about 8-2

I am sort of dreading the appt tomorrow with the counselor and Bill. We have a lot to go over in a short time.

I am really going to try to watch what I eat because I have to at least get down to 140 for my clothes to fit. That's only 5 lbs.

216.4 this morning. But by now you all know the dance and what comes next. Tomorrow I will get on that scale and it will say 219 or more. Because, reasons.

Hey I need to know if you guys think we should let Lipstick Lady into our group.

A lot of people aren't posting so we could use another input in here. I am not sure what everyone thinks of her. I see that she posts a lot and is pretty no nonsense in her responses.

A sleeve for me also wants in.

how are these people even finding out about our group? I don't mention it anywhere and it's not supposed to come up anywhere.

@@Oregondaisy, how did the counselor meeting go?

I decided I want to get back to learning to dance. I have 3 areas of interest - swing type dancing, country western style and salsa. I am NOT a natural at dancing so it is effort. I was feeling pretty comfortable doing basic swing dancing but got out of the habit of going and feel kinda awkward again! I think I am going to go at least TRY salsa lessons. ha

I am doing really well in many ways. I feel a certain peace with some aspects of my life which is really great. I do still feel at times a certain...out of sorts or internal unsettled but it is getting much much better.

It is making it easier for me to make life decisions, I am getting "unstuck" when I feel less uncertain about my world. I had a major insight that has helped. I realized that i have always been so goal focused. Finish college, get that career, buy that house, raise that family, lose that weight...whatever.

I have reached that phase of life when not only do I have few goals, but the whole goal driven life just doesn't even make sense any more. My friend Shawn quite unwittingly made a statement that really reasonated - which was - just have fun for now.

To a large extend I DO JUST THAT and am in fact her inspiration. What she was really saying is make that the deal, the focus, no reason to come up with a larger life purpose just yet. I sometimes find myself slipping into the question of "what am i doing with my life?" but I am getting better at making peace with the fact that I don't really need to answer that.

I thought that at the root of all this was my fear of aging, the middle aged crisis thing. I do feel that sense of time going by, but frankly I have always had that "drive" inside me so I think I have used age as an excuse rather than it being my actual source of angst.

Anyway, I have extended this to asking myself what I even want out of dating/relationship. I don't know the answer to that question anymore. I felt so sure I knew but I really don't. i know I really really want a good physical relationship again and haven't had it in quite awhile. I want to go back to my old friend Steven but that isn't the right path for alot of reasons. I am not worrying about it, but letting the idea roll around a bit in my mind about having a summer romance that is just FUN and really has no other expected outcome. I haven't found a likely candidate or anything, but the IDEA sounds kinda nice!

I'm going to the mountains (high desert) this weekend. Going kayaking and bird watching with friends. So fun. I really need to get away. Its been so hot here, supposed to be 108 today.... Craig is riding his motorcycle up to Montana this week, so he will be gone. Nice to get out with the girls. Weight sitting around 189... I hear you Florinda, the 5 pound tango. So much harder to get off this weight window....

Lipstick Lady, I don't know her personally, but like to see her input around here. Like her style. OK with me.

Lipstick Lady is a troll, I'm sorry. She goes out of her way to take offense at everything and if you don't agree with her completely she gets super riled up.

It is true that we have lost a lot of people here though, I don't know if they are reading but not writing or if they have dropped off altogether, I worry about Brown and Chimera.

It appears as though I cannot have any kind of carb at all, period. I have to life off a pre-agrarian, neolithic diet :(

Kim, have fun! Take some pictures for us.

We drove through Montana on our trip and I thought it was absolutely beautiful. I think it was the most beautiful of all of the states we were in.

We went through 12 states and drove over 5000 miles in 2 weeks. A lot of wonderful memories!

Sheryl you HAVE to take the salsa dance lessons! Your legs are perfect for that!

I go back and forth on someone else joining the group. It's not really a 5:2 group anymore, hasn't been for quite some time. Someone new coming in will have to catch up on all of us and the background...I don't know.

We had someone new come in around the holidays didn't we? For the life of me I can't remember who it was but it didn't last long. I'm assuming she probably didn't feel comfortable. I could be wrong.

Here are some pictures from our trip!

post-112250-14357060484972_thumb.jpg

post-112250-1435706100497_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357061282435_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357061715798_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357062045457_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357062345203_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357062627621_thumb.jpg

post-112250-14357063581307_thumb.jpg

I have to be honest... I don't post daily as sometimes there is nothing to say... but I do read daily.

I suppose my life is a little stagnant at the moment - no real biggies; well, nothing out of the unusual.

My foot is still infected - still off work. It is better, less swollen and not as painful but still not right. Can't put much weight on it (no pun intended!). Over the last 2 1/2 weeks I've put on 4lb due to total lack of movement. I have a renewed appreciation for feet and everything they allow us to do! I am getting bored and frustrated now and it has only been two weeks!

Will someone kick my a$$ - I need a good talking to so I can get back into the 5:2. I am going on holiday in 5 weeks (there is a big gang of us going) and I don't feel beech ready at all!

Regarding others joining... I am not sure to be honest. I don't know lipstick lady... but the posts I have read from her seems harsh? Sleeve4me is a long termer too isn't she? If I have the right lady, she used to be lovely... but again, not sure... I suppose I will be happy with the majority.

Keep well all... hugs from across the pond x

@@sarsar Beautiful photos!  Maybe it is okay for me to say it now that you have posted pix but your hubby is a hottie...haha

I think Lipsticklady is fine, but she is not a gentle soul... at least the way she posts.  I actually don't think she will LIKE it here as she likes to stir things up a bit!

@@coops that sucks that your foot is still infected.  All from a tatoo eh?  Well, at least it is a COOL tat so worth it!

I have been pissed off over my hip.  You know how I see it - as punishment for my years of obesity.  I realize that is not really the right energy to carry but it is how I feel right now.  I feel like I am way too young, way too active etc to have a freaking advanced arthritic hip.  I know that "fair" is meaningless, but it feels not fair.   I am working on getting over it.  I am thankful it is that over bone cancer which frankly what I was most scared of... so I am trying to have a grateful attitude.  I am still pissed off though.

You're funny Sheryl. It's ok to say.

I met my husband when I was a kid and I thought he was a dork. Turns out usually the dorks are the best ones out there. He really is a good guy. He loves me to death and would do anything for me or for our kids! He drives me nuts but I love him!

You know I totally understand you on the hip issue. It sucks.

Denise, I will be here at the end of the month so let's plan something. Do you still have my number?

I don't remember sleeve4me but if everyone else is ok I'm fine with that.

Sounds like lipstick is a no bc some aren't comfortable with her.

Like coops I read every single day, many threads, but I don't always post. The weight gain has zapped my confidence a d I feel like I'm back on the gain, lose, gain lose roller coaster but the gains are exceeding the losses so it is going up. I wish re were a bit closer to each other coops then we could meet up and we accountable to each other with direct eye contact. You off work coops?

I pulled my back a bit when my trainer was here last week so I stopped the exercise for a few days, back is fine now but I'm finding it hard to get back into it. I know I'm making excuses to myself and I too need a kick up the bum.

Lipstick lady writes as she sees it and it doesn't go down well with some people. I don't recall the other person. It's true we are not a 5:2 follower group anymore, some try others have stopped but I do think we are a support group. People have shared a lot and I do think we have to be careful who we allow in. If it became confrontational some of those who do post (even now and then) might stop. I do wish we could get hold of some of the people who stopped, Brown etc..

It's going to be the hottest July day for 9 years so I had best go and slap on some sun cream before work.