Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 pounds in 20 days v_v

My doc and nut say that 10 pounds a month is normal.... I know I lost a lot less than that during the "losing" phase... glass half full my dear.

If 10 pounds a month is normal, then why the fu** did any of us have the surgery??????? When you are 100 lbs over weight for your age and height, losing 5 1/4 lbs in 21 days of PURE CLEAN abstinence very low calorie eating is bull$h!t

Well, I am only speaking for myself, but i could easily lose 10# a month when I was super high BMI.  Heck, I lost 25# in the first month on Weight Watchers, nutrisystem and that HGC diet - probably more times that I have forgotten.  The difference is they were "diets" I could not sustain.  Not only did I not get to goal, but i regained.... usually regained plus some.

After my initial weight loss, I didn't really lose weight all that fast with the sleeve.  It took me 14 months to lose 150 pounds.  If you exclude the really rapid weight loss the first month or so, my average was 10# or less per month.

At this point, if I can lose (and sustain, not just the sudden Water loss drop) a couple of pounds in a month, then I am happy.

I don't think about speed anymore, I think about living this as a lifestyle.  I do sometimes do little resets etc but for the most part, I work on just "working the sleeve" day in and day out - admittedly, sometimes with more success than others.

Florinda, perhaps the MS or your particular body makeup creates an unusual situation/very slow losses but I have seen you post things that are confusing.  Examples are mention that you thought you had been averaging about 3,000 calories a day over the last (don't recall - was it year?).  Well, I would regain on that too.  I remember when you lost about 30-40# pretty rapidly when you were still overseas.  You didnt share details about that, suddenly you had lost the weight so I don't know how you did it.  Would going back to what worked help?   I read up on that nasal feeding tube thing you did  - they claimed that the weight stayed off once you stopped the program - did it?  It is frustrating that your current plan isn't working as well as you want, but to some extent, slow and steady might just be the ticket.  I think you are one of the lucky ones that doesn't get too hungry, so perhaps just staying on a "liveable" program month after month is the way to go.

For me, I sometimes resent that I need way less food than other people around me...sigh... but I also know that I can maintain with a reasonable eating plan. I don't do really extreme deprivation or low calorie - especially since quitting 5:2.  While 5:2 worked for me, the impact on my moods was negative and not worth it.  Even with 5:2, my normal days were pretty moderate/healthy - not extreme but i could tell that the fast days caused me an anxiety uptick.   Right now I am hanging in there, eating disciplined most of the time, splurging sometimes and not under goal yet (damn it) but hanging out in the neighbhorhood so I feel okay about it.  In fact the only time I am unhappy with my current weight is when I try to put on clothes that fit me awesome last year and are now too snug to look nice.  The solution might be to donate them...haha.  And, good news, my anxiety is under control without meds and I am happy about that!

All of that just feels like blame the victim. And I know I shouldn't feel like a victim but darnit, I do!! I never got to goal, I have fought regain without ever actually getting near goal... when I lost weight overseas I did what I am doing now and I lost 50 lbs in 3 months.

Well that does seem like something changed as that was only a year ago. I don't think there is any blame to be placed in losing slower, it sucks. However losing slower is still losing! Whether you ever got to goal or not I have seen pix and you look amazing.

Well, I've finally gotten to log on to BP!  Have to admit, it really hasn't been a priority lately not because I don't love all you girls!!  I really do but just got tired of it all for a few weeks and then we had BABY NO #1!  Hims so precious!  My first GrandBOY!  Still feels somewhat surreal and we had some complications along the way with my daughter so it's been quite hectic for the last couple of weeks.  I'll attach some photos so you can see Elton John Ray Crochet!!

The baby was partially transverse so after pushing for over two hours they did an emergency C Section at which point the surgeon sliced through Amanda's bladder!  They had to call in a Urologist to do the repair and she had to go home days later with a catheter for 10 days!!  Just had the test run and all looks good so they removed the catheter and she is doing well.  EJ (baby) doing great as well!

As for me, I just totally lost all desire and willpower!  I truly just went into "junk" overload!  Surprisinly, I haven't gained any EXTRA weight from what I had ALREADY gained.  So, I'm back on track "for this week" and like all of you have said, it sure comes off much slower and with MUCH more work and MUCH less food!

CGJ, I agree - sometimes I really want to just be able to EAT the foods I used to like to eat and enjoy them.  I can eat small amounts, of course, and for that I am TRULY grateful, but the real taste of anything is just not there for me.  EXCEPT junk!  candy, Cake, chips, etc!! 

Kim, I am in the 80% of EWL and at 5 years out (as of 6-10), I'll take it!!!  I agree with others who have said it - I/we need to just "chill" somewhat and enjoy being where we are right now.  Most of us are STILL a LOT of pounds down from where we started and even if we are not at goal, it's still truly amazing that we have done so well!

I do intend to lose back to my original goal frame which means I need to lose about 15 pounds to be at the lowest.  Love you all!!   Will try to stay more connected - although, we have BABY TWO due in 2 weeks!!  :)

post-108291-0-11676100-1434650610_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-29924200-1434650613_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-01955900-1434650616_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-27970500-1434650618_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-56252600-1434650620_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-22701000-1434650623_thumb.jpg

Horrible surgeon, it makes me so angry that they get away with that kind of sloppy work.... glad your daughter is okay now and congratulations on little EJ!!!! Is that his big sis in the pic?

Yesterday morning I was 217.8, this morning I was 218.4. Yesterday I ate 692 cals so, WHAT THE MUTHERFU**.

Also, I don't look ANYTHING like the good photos I have posted here, not anymore. Now I look like I did four months post op.

Georgia, congrats on the new grandson, he is adorable and he has a wonderful name! Glad your daughter is in recovery, it must have been a worrying time for you.

Sheryl, I am sorry to hear about Scott. I am glad he's going to get therapy. It sounds like he needs it. I wonder if he will try to come back into your life at some point.

Bill and I are actually doing well. We saw a couples therapist and I was sure Bill would throw a fit and say the guy was full of $hit, but they actually got along well and Bill enjoyed seeing  him. We have another appt. Monday evening. He put us on a no texting rule and I think it's wonderful.  I finally figured with all the online dating I did while Bill and I were split up, his problems are not nearly as bad as 99% of the men I met. I am glad he's willing to work on his problems. The guy picked up immediately that Bill has OCD. I wish I could be happy being alone but I am just NOT! The men I met out and about in real life weren't any better. It would be different if I lived in an actual city.

Florinda, it would be so good if you could get your metabolic rate checked. I had it done at my surgeon's office and it showed I would gain if I went over 1200 calories. I know for me, I can't go over 30 carbs either.  Have you read any Atkins books?

Cathy your trip sounds so wonderful!

I am going away for the weekend to Portland to my grand daughter's birthday party and I will visit some friends while I am there too. I am always happy to get out of my town!

I can't wait until 7-2 when I see my new neurosurgeon who ordered my last MRI. I want to know if this is the way I am going to have to live. The scar tissue covering my sciatic nerve is causing major pain and weakness in my left leg.

@@Oregondaisy I miss Scott alot because we really are compatible and we enjoyed being together. I think he holds onto the idea that we might get back togeterh once he has his "sh*t together" but for me that is unlikely.  Heaven knows we have all been through rough Patches and I would not hold that against someone, but I feel like his underlying fairly dark world view would not be something I want to live with for the rest of my life.  I am sad, but it also gives me hope that someday I might find someone to be with - that there exists a potentially compatible person.

I am glad things are going better with Bill. I guess you two are a serious couple if you are in couples counseling! 

My surgeons office is now offering that metabolism test for an affordable price. I wondered if it was worth it. I mean, it is what it is - I either gain, maintain or lose weight based on my eating and activity habits.  How does knowing this "number" actually guide you?  Just trying to see if i should even bother.

I am glad you have a follow up on your pain. I mean, I think it is fair to ask... exactly why did we do this surgery?  Shouldn't I expect to start feeling pain relief?  

@@Georgia congrats on the super cute grandbaby and another one soon!  Glad your daughter is okay, but wow, that sounded like a bit of a slip of the knife!  scary. 

Another milestone in life reached. My youngest son finished his finals yesterday and hence university. Therefore I don't have any children in education. I won't miss the exam stress.

ate 800 cals yesterday, up another pound, from 218.4 to 219.2 this morning.

I am feeling for you Florinda... its just torture at times! OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here... have you ever looked into fecal transplants? It just seems like there is something under the surface that "normal" food restriction is not touching here... I feel it for myself as well, but not to the extent it seems to be effecting you....

Also is finding some succes for MS sufferers...

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/does-ms-start-with-faulty-gut-bacteria-101914

Hi friends! I am currently in the middle of our big vacation out West. We are in Wyoming at the moment and spent the day at Yellowstone. I have lots of great pics I will share soon.

We are all having our ups and downs it sounds like. I'm still in the same spot. Issues with dizziness from the concussion. I'm learning to live with it but it has changed my life for now. I bounce up and down 6 pounds but my body just feel like mush from not working out and I hate it. When this big trip is over I will focus more on getting back in shape.

Hugs to you all and I will update when I can.

Sarah! How nice to be on vacation in the wild! Have a great time girl. Nice to hear from you,