Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would trust sleeve2me with all my crazy personal sh*t. I don't even know if she comes here still or not... when did she make the request?

I only read this thread and rarely check the rest of the board - other than you guys most of the folks I knew from our RL support group meetings have not posted in a long time (fiddleman and his wife, Steph, etc.) I have no idea how folks know about this little group or why they want to be in it so much especially if we are not really about 5:2 exclusively.

I am totally fine with keeping it our same small group - with that said I am making an effort to post more and mot be such a lurker - which must come off as very rude, which is/was never my intention. 

This is the response I sent to lipstick. She pmed me again this morning:

I am really sorry for not answering sooner. I had to get all the girls' opinions. We have had this group going for a long time and a lot of very personal stuff has been shared. We took a vote awhile back not to let anyone else join. We felt like since  we are able to share such personal stuff with each other, we didn't want the group to get any bigger.

I took a vote with everyone, and they all said they wanted to keep just the members we have. I am sorry. You could start another group.

I am curious how you found out about our group? Alex promised me it would not show up with the other groups.

It's really not a 5:2 group anymore. We do talk about our eating some, but it's mostly talk of things/problems/issues in our lives.

Sarah, I am so excited that I get to meet you! I get there on  the evening of 7-20

and I fly out of O'Hare on 8-2 So any day after 7-20 and before 8-2 would be great!

I want your opinions ladies, as many of you as can/want... it is now day 41 and I have lost 7.5 lbs, following a post op diet.

That means my carbs have been at 30-40g and Protein >60g. I haven't paid attention to my fat intake, it gets tracked but I don't care, it all comes from clean hormone free animals, raw grass fed butter and milk, and organic coconut oil.

What about increasing my fats? I'm not talking about drinking straight from coconut oil jar (eww) but making a concerted effort to get X amount of fats in?

I'm really at my wit's end, and I don't go to a doctor because they just won't believe me. They won't, you know it. They will just privately believe I am a liar and that I am sneaking food etc etc etc.

Denise, what surgery do you need now? Is it to correct the last one. I hope it is approved soon and that you get some relief from your pain.

Florinda, sorry I don't know anything about counting fat in a diet. When good I try to keep the Protein high and the carbs low. When bad anything seems to go.

Florinda there is someone posting something about this on the post ' I gained most of my weight back' ( sorry don't know how to copy quotes on an iPad ). The upped their fats and got moving again.

I would give it a try Florinda - I don't usually worry about fats and as long as my carbs are very much in control I will lose - that and I need to drink oceans of liquid. Hydration is my number one problem and always seems to have been.

I am a slow loser as well - aside from the fist month after surgery, I lost about 5 lbs a month when I was eating the way I was supposed to - I would be happy to get back to that again.

I think it can really do a number on our self esteem - not getting or maintaining a weight goal. I think you should applaud yourself for your diligence in taking steps to keep at it. The easy choice is to let it all go and return to our bad habits. I know how frustrating the regain is - but you are working at taking good care of yourself now - that is worth a lot!

Thank you Chimera. There is a slightly scared part of my mind that plays what if.. what if this is due to something ELSE wrong with me ...

anyone know a way to get good fat into your system without lots of calories?

Thank you Chimera. There is a slightly scared part of my mind that plays what if.. what if this is due to something ELSE wrong with me ...

anyone know a way to get good fat into your system without lots of calories?

With the fats come the extra calories. I don't know any other way around it.

Avocado, coconut oil, raw pasture butter, raw Brazil nuts, eggs, cheese. All of these things have higher calories. I put a tablespoon of coconut oil on my tea every day. The raw nuts took some getting used to but they are high in selenium and I need that for my thyroid issues.

You may as well give it a try and see if it works for you. I have read that upping fats has aided in weight loss for some.

Florinda, I went 'high fat' a few years ago - when I was looking into the Paleo (sp?) diet... I read on the board that if you take an oil shot, it can help break a set point. What I did was use a shot glass, add a tablespoon of pure virgin olive oil with Water and downed it in one (with my nose pegged...lol). The one rule is that you can't have anything that 'tastes' an hour before and an hour after.

I did it for several weeks and it broke my set point... I lost a few pounds, where I was stuck for ages.

Infact, you've reminded me of that time, so I might start it again - thank you x

As far as I know FAT=Calories.  However, i don't worry about limiting fat or calories (of course I am currently over goal so perhaps you shouldn't ask me!)

I do think there is some "power" to mixing things up a bit. 

It is so frustrating, but imagine you could lose 5# a month until you get to goal... and then hold steady.  Visualize where you would be in a year ....

I get frustrated too, but I am even thinking if I can lose 1 or 2 #  a month that is a victory!

5 pounds a month would only be 60 pounds, which would have me at 155 - still overweight and still over goal.

So, today's calories are 882, carbs 20, Protein 98 (!!) and fat 42. we'll see tomorrow...

Sleeve4me asked a long time ago, and I just ignored it. I figured since i was asking about lipstick, I would ask everyone about her too. Like I said in my reply to lipstick, I don't get around the board much anymore other than here. She wrote to me again, and said we probably didn't want her in here because people talk badly about her on the board, and said we probably talk about her in here too. this is what I wrote back to her:

Honestly, we are not accepting anyone into our group. Our group was started 2 years ago and while many have dropped out, we still have a core group of us that post nearly every day. Some people feel stronger than others that we should not accept new members. It is not personal at all. We all came to the conclusion again, not to accept any new members. We would probably all just fold before we did that.

It's so easy to start a group. Just pm anyone you choose, even if it's someone already in our group, and ask them if they would like to be in a group with you. I don't get around the board much to know what's going on  in other areas. I don't spend nearly as much time on  here as I used to, so I have no idea what you are talking about. Nobody in our group has said anything about you. All everyone has said was they would like to keep it as it is, without adding new members.

I don't think it's necessary to delete past pages and I don't think anyone is lurking and not posing. I think people have just stopped coming to bariatric pal. I could pm people we haven't heard from in a long time, and tell them I am going to delete them from the group, if we don't hear from them.

Sheryl, if you really feel strongly that I should delete past pages, I will figure out how to do it.

I had Protein Shakes all day today other than one frozen coffee. I wish I had never discovered those things. They are like coffee milkshakes. I never used to even like coffee. I need to quit this new bad habit.