Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cathy - oh, what a bummer! Reminder that only possessions were hurt, so that is a good thing.

Denise - glad you are feeling better! Invite Lynda in!

Kelly - you are/were a hairdresser? say what?

Sarah, you asked if Kevin knows about my "hesitation" and the answer is yes. Yesterday we talked on the phone along time - we are going out for dinner tonight and he let me know he wants to have the "exclusive" talk and what that actually means to both of us. I am glad he warned me as it gives me a bit of time to digest it. I have not in fact been dating anyone else, haven't been fooling around with Steven or anything - but actually declaring exclusive is something else as it goes beyond sexual behavior.

I think I would summarize it by saying that I am not afraid of committment, I actually prefer that - a real relationship. What I am keenly aware of is that it is just hell for me to get over someone once I am really attached. I am pretty sure part of my depression this spring was the realization that I had to let go of Steven. That wasn't the whole story, but it contributed. I am feel this thing inside me - just scared I can't take a heartbreak.

Keven gets it. He has been divorced a very long time and has been in a couple of fairly serious relationships lasting say 2-5 years each. Heartbreaking - I can't even imagine doing that, you know? Anyway, to his credit he has thought alot about why those didn't last. Most recent one, she was crazy and he couldn't take her jealous rages anymore. Okay, so that made him gunshy about who to pick next, but I have apparently passed the "she isn't too crazy" screen. He admitted to really messing up letting someone go that he really loved over conflict they had when she worked for him (he owned a biz at the time). Anyway, I think he has reached a phase where he wants love and wants it to work. That is a good start. Hope I am there, but I am not really sure yet.

Oh Cathy, that is a HUGE suckfest!!! :-( I feel like the flood in our apartment last year was the start of the downhill slide for me, but there was so much going on, I can't really pin it just on that. But god, so stressful to move house with two days notice and then live in temporary accommodation for three months, then move again. Still haven't recovered and unpacked everything...never mind the rest of the shite going on. I wish you peace and well-being while you get it all sorted!! Do you have to move out??

Sheryl, I TOTALLY understand what you mean. I feel like there is only limited heartbreak available and I don't want to find other opportunities for it. That said, I am guessing we are both more resilient than we think we are. Hugs.

Sheryl, a few days ago you posted something about you know that Kevin is not "the One" You enjoyed him and wanted to keep seeing him, but said you don't really feel

head over heals or something like that.

I know sex is important to you too, so that's something else to consider.Someone 59 years old has problems in that area and it'smore common than rare..

I invited Lynda in. I haven't heard from her.

Im trying really hard not to gain back the 7 lbs I lost when I was sick. It's hard with goodies everywhere.I hope I can stay strong! I like 139 way better than 146.

OH Cathy - how crap is that... so sorry! I know you have invested a lot of time and money making your new house your home... just a horrible thing to happen, especially as it is so cold and miserable outside.  Cwtches to you my lovely x

I was asked a couple of days ago if I would model for my bariatric centers yearly fashion show fund raiser. Nothing like the thought of having to model to make the 5:2 easier to follow! I have mixed feelings about it... I haven't outright lied about having surgery in the public, but have not put it "in the press" either... They think I am one of the most successful patients from their clinic......

Kim, that is a bit of a dilemma you find yourself in. I too have not told many people about the op so I don't know what I would do in that situation. However, it must have made you feel good to be asked.

I wondered why my center didn't ask me. Not so common for a band to sleeve revision to go from over 50to 23 BMI. Anyway my situation and results are apparently not typical. They used to be a band "mill" ...did alot of them. I suspect they prefer to leave that subject alone. But congrats Kim, must feel good to be asked.

Okay I am getting ready to do laser hair removal. LBL caused a larger hair zone and shaving is not satisfactory. I just want a pubic zone that resembles normal. Oh, for no extra cost they will laser as much"external" hair as I want. What would you do, go for just a normal pubic hair zone or go for a pretty small "landing strip"?

Denise my approach has been to be honest and let him decide. I am not sure"anyone" is "the one" for me. I am not in love. In fact it surprises me when people talk about being in love with someone they hardly know. I did that as a teen, but I am much m ore guarded these days. I am pleased to be seeing him, he is turning out to be a good guy, lots of attraction between us. He isn't into horses but likes that I have them because of lifestyle implications. Horse girls are busy, active and a little tough. I prefer"exclusive" and I haven't been dating or any thing with others. We had dinner last night but didn't talk about all this. I need to hear what his idea of exclusive is....but I think we are on a similar"hesitant" page. Like no big commitments other than exclusive.

I feel very fat even though under goal still. I am just hanging'on but come January I am totally kicking this extra 10# to the curb.

At 529 pages, we have officially made a giant book of talking about all things, including the 5:2!

To commemorate this, I am going to post the link to the original 5:2 documentary... which I just watched again (for the 4th time) and it was well worth it. I challenge you to watch it too, and refresh your faith in this plan... a quality of life, longevity plan!

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/

Hi all,

I'm in! As you may know, I'm over goal a bit and looking to 5:2 to get me back to 135. So far, so good. I'm grateful to have this private place to vent a few things years out. I keep a nice calm profile in public posts because I never type anything I would be ashamed to let me grandmothers read, but here in private I may say a bit more.

Thank you for letting me join the group. Looking forward to participating in whatever we're discussing.

Lynda

Hi all,

I'm in! As you may know, I'm over goal a bit and looking to 5:2 to get me back to 135. So far, so good. I'm grateful to have this private place to vent a few things years out. I keep a nice calm profile in public posts because I never type anything I would be ashamed to let me grandmothers read, but here in private I may say a bit more. 

Thank you for letting me join the group. Looking forward to participating in whatever we're discussing.

Lynda

:)  Venting R Us!

Welcome Lynda.... enjoy the ride! x

I just got back from Mexico! You were all busy chatting while I was gone. I'm going to go catch up now and see what I missed.

Hi Lynda, welcome!

You can post anything you want here. If you ever decide to go back and read what we have posted you will see that we talk about anything and everything in this group! It's much more than just 5:2. We have all gotten to know one another and feel comfortable sharing our struggles and successes and whatever else.

Kim, how nice that they asked you to model for them! I also am not open to the public about how I have lost weight. Some ppl know but I'm not one who shares it with everyone.

Cathy, oh no! That stinks. Like you said, they are just things. Still hard to deal with. You had asked if I am happy with my plastics results. I am very happy with my results. I am over 5 months out and in the last month I finally feel really good. Finally I can do all my normal workouts and I am getting more and more used to my new body. It has changed a lot and continues to take shape as time goes on. My dr told me my body will continue to change in the first year after surgery. My favorite part is my completely flat stomach. I love it!!

I need to do my inner thighs next. My dr wouldn't do them with the LBL. I'm sure I could've found a dr that would but as soon as I had my consult with him I knew he was the one for me so I stayed with him.

I really need to take some pics and post them. After surgery I was so sure I would take pics every month to see the changes but this recovery has been very emotional for me and I didn't want to take pics all the time.

Denise, I'm so glad you are feeling better. You've had a rough road. Did Bill stick around and help you or were you on your own all the time trying to deal with this?

Sheryl, I can understand why you are hesitant with moving into a serious relationship with someone. Sounds like Kevin is feeling the same. Do you want to be loved and in a loving relationship for the future? I know you didn't have that with the ex. But, the future can be different for you. Don't feel like you have to rush into a decision. I, too, don't understand how some ppl can fall in love quickly. Take your time and you will know what to do when the time comes. Just don't let the fear of being and giving love hold you back from allowing it to happen. It can be a wonderful thing!

Mexico was beautiful. We were in Cabo for a trip my husband earned through work. It's hard to come home to WI after being in such was weather and beautiful sunshine. Oh well, back to reality! I'm looking forward to 5:2 this week after eating whatever I wanted whenever I felt like it for 4 days. I don't drink alcohol so thankfully I didn't have any of those extra calories to contend with! The food though, delicious food anywhere and everywhere whenever I wanted it. Thankfully I could only fit in a few bites of everything. But a few bites all day long adds up. It's all good though I'll be back on track this week.