Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't believe in calorie math anyone. I do best low carb and.mixing it up....high and low intake days. Been eating non stop last week and gained. Did prove counselor theory that my mood swings may be related to low blood sugar. Nary a down moment whilst eating constantly. Now getting back on track but evidence that my mood issues may not be crazy but physical response to something. Still collecting evidence but happy to feel like there are reasons.

Here is a weird and random thought. Steven keeps telling me I look like a beauty from the 1940s...most recently Greta Garbo. Interesting...and I wonder what it is about my look or make up or whatever that triggers that comparison. When I was 10# heavier it was Betty Boop..haha.

Sue, when I'm on my phone I click on the BP app

I click on Gastric Sleeve Surgery Support Groups...it's the 4th bubble thingy on my phone

Then I scroll all the way down and click on Gastric Sleeve Social Groups Forums, it's the last bubble on that page

Then I scroll all the way down until I find Eating the 5:2 way, it's almost at the end of the page for me.

Hope that helps.

Loved the pic of you on your horse, Sheryl. It looks like you had a beautiful day! How many horses do you own?

Sue, I also want to add that on my phone I can also access our group by going all the way to the bottom where there is a list of things that say, Forums, Current, Messages, Surgeons, My Surgery...then I have to scroll over to the right and more show up. One says subscribed. If I click on that it takes me to all the threads I have commented on and this also lights up if someone has a new comment on our group.

Sheryl I love the horse! SO beautiful and relazing at the same time.... I really enjoyed St David's day..... I have been off the computer for several weeks now and have pretty much missed a lot on hee. Too much to remember to comment on. Overall it sounds like everyone is doing really well.

I haven't been doing really well as I had gained some weight bc I got in a frame of mind that I just didn't care. I wanted to eat and I did.....Now I'm back and focusing on eating Proteins first and drinking a lot of Water. Going into markets I have totally ignored the Cheetos and the Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Just decided I didn't need them. I am deciding that i love eating small portions (even though I can't eat larger ones). LOL Been workin on getting in a 5:2 day and sometimes I make it and sometimes I'm over. But I am slowly losing some of the weight I had put on. This is not an easy job for us. Keep up the good work everyone... :P

I just don't know what to do, I really don't. Eating very very little (600cals) DOES slow down the metabolism, you eventually stop feeling hunger, this is true. But, my body doesn't want to lose weight any other way! I ate 1500 calories yesterday, ran a mile and lifted weights and stretched out. I think the compromise that I will try is a steady 1400 a day and two days at 600 with a daily compound gym session, I will do this for 2 weeks faithfully and then weigh myself.

Good to see you dorrie. I have had one week of overeating and am up a couple. I can't explain where the appetite came from!

Went shopping for Mexico! Need a new pair of sandals and I am ready.

Had a fairly crappy Sat and Sunday..including getting my truck stuck in mud. Worked really hard on my farm. Ate too much and feel cruddy.

I am up more than a couple. Wow. I was 146-148 range just two weeks ago. This morning... 154.3 holy crap! The weight comes on so easy! I think at least some of it is swelling, I am getting a lot more low belly swelling these days and it is really annoying. I get on a plane for Mexico in a few days so I need to be a little strict this week. My clothes all fit fine and everything so I am not gonna stress over it but I don't want to go any higher.

I am up more than a couple. Wow. I was 146-148 range just two weeks ago. This morning... 154.3 holy crap! The weight comes on so easy! I think at least some of it is swelling, I am getting a lot more low belly swelling these days and it is really annoying. I get on a plane for Mexico in a few days so I need to be a little strict this week. My clothes all fit fine and everything so I am not gonna stress over it but I don't want to go any higher.

Probably swelling and Water weight from the crappy food. How long will you be gone? Sounds wonderful, I wish I could get some warmth and sun. Enjoy!

Dorrie, hang in there. Thinking of you.

Florinda, to me, 600 calories a day every day seems too low. I'm not trying to add more negativity, especially with everyone else getting on you about it. It's so hard to say what will work because it's so different for everyone. With my exercise routine, I am always changing it up. Nothing stays the same for very long. I can feel my body getting used to things so I switch it up. It makes a big difference for me.

How is the puppy, Sheila?

Has the rain stopped in CA, Kim? I have heard so much about the much needed rain, hope it has helped some.

Like many of you, I am stopping the junk eating. Detoxing from the sugar I have been eating lately. It'll be a rough few days but I will feel so much better soon. My muscles, especially in my lower back, cramp up terribly when I am eating bad. It doesn't feel good and, yet, sometimes I still give in to the emotional eating.

It's March and we woke up to 20 below wind chills this morning. Every day I say to myself, "You can do this.". This winter has taken it's toll but I think the end is in sight, it has to be!

Happy Monday, Ladies. I am fasting today and it'll be a double workout day.

My over eating began with just big quantities of my normal diet. Hungry. Then, I had some bread and I had bought Peanut Butter for my son while he stayed with me for 4 days... and it went downhill from there. I found a peppermint chocolate bread/cake mix from Trader joes that I meant to make over the holidays. This is pre-meditated overeating. I baked it and it sat on my counter for 3 days allowing me to grab a slice here and there. I finally tossed the remainder, but downed most of it. I still feel gross in my guts from it.

I am wondering though what triggered me to be so hungry. I don't think it is head hunger. Anyway, I am still in a good weight range so not freaking just wish I was heading to mexico feeling skinny not bloated.

I am there March 7-15.

I am bringing a swimsuit, but mostly plan to wear shorts and tops. I need to keep my scars out of the sun so that is going to be a challenge on warm days. I am told that sunscreen isn't good enough - really I need to keep them out of the sun. The only ones that are an issue are the arm scars is I can't imagine going long sleeved in hot weather. I have to watch my sun exposure anyway - fair Irish skin stays younger looking if I avoid that intense sun! Besides, my mom had skin cancer so always a little paranoid about that.

Sheryl are you going to Mexico for vacay? It sounds so wonderful... :P

Florinda if you can eat 600 cals and not be hungry, my hats off to you. :P

This weight thing is so frustrating at times....weight goes up, weight goes down.......I do know that sugar=inflammation..........

Sarah you and I are on the same boat in detoxying from sugar......I am focusing on making my own foods from scratch and staying away from the Protein Bars. I will continue with Protein Shakes because they help with no constipation.... LOL But foods with only a few ingredients is what I'm striving for.

Went to Coco's yesturday and was surprised to see that they have gluten free stuff, eggs hormone free and cage free, and 1 more change I can't remember.. They are becoming a bit more health consious.... :P

Sheila how is you puppy doing? This is like one of our children being sick. My family has recently lost a cat and we are devastated. :(

Tomorrow is my official fast day.

Has anyone heard from Laura or Cheri?

Happy Monday to all.... :P

Vacay - staying with my friend Priscilla who accompanied me to Dr Sauceda. She lives in todos santos near Cabos. I am really looking forward to it although it turned out to be a terrible time to be away from work!

The rain is going to keep coming for a few more days, then a break. The rivers are really high, hope lots of it soaking into the ground to fill the Water tables. Its still not going to be enough, but glad to get what we can. We have implemented some water saving things around the house.. our water bill went down 12 dollars last month because of it (we are on a meter)

What do you think Sheryl?  http://ilarge.listal.com/image/1486219/936full-greta-garbo.jpg

Have a great time in Cabo.

Nice to see you Skinny!

I got into ancestery.com this weekend. Like I don't have enough to do! My mom has a progressive dementia, but is in love with her pictures and the stories about the people in them, so I thought I would work with her to make a family history book. It has been fun so far....

Been sitting quietly at the back of the room again, taking it all in. I have managed to lose 2/3 of the weight I put on during my little holiday. I'm pleased with that but it is so much harder to take off than it is to put it on. I have managed to pick up my exercise again so again feeling better.

I found another picture of Greta Garbo that reminded me a little of my mother... interesting. I have been told before that my looks are a little exotic - but honestly I think that was a wild hair day...haha. I bet it is more something that I do with my makeup or something that i am not even aware of that is perhaps a bit old fashioned... not sure.

So, I am doing pretty good right now. I had a horrible weekend. Well, Friday was amazingly awesome but the rest was just hard hard work, no real fun. I got my truck stuck in the mud and felt very alone at that moment... :) The good news is that it really clarified some things I need to do differently on my little farmette to make things more manageable for me. I have found it very empowering to reframe things the way that counselor said. Each struggle and moment of angst is really just a growing pain. It is really forward progress because i am learning how to do things and cope with things by myself. A big part of what I am becoming self aware of is that I hate asking for help. I don't even like hiring help on most things. What I really mean to say is that I only feel like certain people do I trust to ask for help - like my EX. I called Steven when I got my truck stuck and he was going to come rescue me but after talking it over decided he was likely to get his truck stuck too...so I found another solution. It is sort of working out for me to have him - like if I really need him he will drop everything to help me but... in general his life is even more of a messed up hassle than mine so he isn't exactly sitting around waiting for a damsel in distress to help out. I guess it is like having a security blanket but one that should only be used when things are really dire...lol

I feel like I should be able to do it all, but of course I cannot. I am making it a priority to "sort things out" and really figure out what I need to do and what it makes sense to hire out and what I just need to get rid of (lighten the load so to speak). It feels good to be thinking that way and making plans toward a good direction, but it is also hard.

My anxiety levels are dropping week by week, though it still rears it's head sometimes. I am getting much better at recognizing it early before it spins up and I can do things to prevent feeling bad. Seeing my EX makes me anxious but I think it is just a reminder of how pent up all that bad feelings were for so long. I am liking living alone - not because he did anything wrong - but that navigating through a situation you can't understand is a real burden on the mind and soul... and i am relieved to be done with it.

I am thinking of all of you. Don't let that mean ole scale get you down!

Only reason I cared about body fat % is I wanted to get down to 25% in 2014, somewhat of an arbitrary fitness goal...LOL. I think I should already be at 25% so I don't really get it but oh well!

I am still puzzled what triggered my out of control hunger. I went out to lunch today and was pretty well behaved so working one step at a time to get back on track. I do find it very interesting that during the week or so I let myself scarf food nonstop, i didn't have any mood swings. Maybe it is not hormonal but rather HUNGER related. I AM going to see my doc in a few days and talk to her about hormone management. I am embarrassed to admit but my main hormone problem is a very annoying lack of vaginal moisture. I hate it. Makes me feel old. LOL. I have a bio-identical cream I use a few times a week but I don't think it is working well.

Edited by CowgirlJane

Amazing.. 2 months before my plastic surgery. No Spanx, decidedly a melted snowman look

post-122684-0-64317000-1393891285_thumb.jpg

The cocktail party in February - also no spanx. I think even I didn't quite realize how big of a change till I saw that pic from august

post-122684-0-91856100-1393891365_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness Sheryl, the change is absolutely amazing!! You seriously need to be on a billboard for Dr. S. with those before and after pictures.