Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wonderful news on the house Cathy!

And Sarah that will be great on Sat. I will be thinking about you! I'm sure you will do great. Please keep us updated on how it goes.

Kelly, that would be hard to live in such an expensive market. There are pockets of Denver like that. Totally run down old homes will get knocked down, and then a million dollar home put up in it's place...but yet right next to the big new fancy home is the next run down older home?

Can you please share more about the Phentermine Kelly? What does it help you do? Control appetite? I'm just curious, I thought that stuff was taken off the market years ago...or maybe it was similar but different..phen phen? I would love to have some extra help but I always kind of poo poo'ed anything like that because after all I felt like surgery was my LAST RESORT. But now that I'm inching close to 4 years post-op I'm more open to trying things that will help (within a healthy reasonable diet, exercise, etc. I do NOT believe in miracle pills otherwise I wouldn't have had surgery.) Anyway, just more info would be great about what it does for you, does your insurance cover it (how much does it cost) and basically anything else you want to tell us about it! Thanks!

Been reading when I get a minute. So much drama going on right now been unable to post. Things I have found: 1. Shingles is DEF stress and pressure related! 2. Wed horrible day. Much pain. Heart racing. Huge stress added to fact both grand girls have been at my house since Tuesday 3. Yesterday off work because of girls Dr Suess day at school. Had a pleasant morning. Nails done. Shopped a while. NO PAIN ALL DAY. AND I have an impromptu wedding this wknd at my house. Daughter getting married. Not too happy about it. Too soon but she's 37... Decided on Tuesdat to get married. :). And on top of that, Dr office called Tricare won't cover my colonoscopy now until two more years! Have a history of polyps so mine are every 3 years. Nope. So I guess I will pray no symptoms til 2016. Thanks, Obamacare! This too shall pass. Has to. Ha!

Oh no Georgia! We were posting at the same time. Your daughter is getting married THIS (really THIS>????) weekend? At your HOUSE? And you have shingles and are not feeling well? Ugh. I wouldn't be too happy about that either. Do you like the person she is marrying or is that some of your not being happy.

FEEL BETTER SOON GEORGIA!

Oh no Georgia! We were posting at the same time. Your daughter is getting married THIS (really THIS>????) weekend? At your HOUSE? And you have shingles and are not feeling well? Ugh. I wouldn't be too happy about that either. Do you like the person she is marrying or is that some of your not being happy. FEEL BETTER SOON GEORGIA!

I THINK I like him. Problem is I don't know him well enough. He lives in Dallas. She lives AR. Introduced by mutual lifelong friend who I trust. They have been dating about 4 months but as said, they know what they want. They are both 37 years old and just know ( according to them) this is good. Want permanence. He is good with girls but.. Like I said, who knows anyone til they KNOW them. Lol. It's just such an abrupt thing and her Dad is fit to be tied about it ( more stress on me) since we have been killing ourselves to get her thorough nursing school at mostly our expense and raising practically two grands. Willingly. But the focus should be right now on getting this year finished and the girls stability. Oh well. It is what it is. I am praying this is a GOD THING and all is good!!!! Thanks, M2G

Hugs Georgia...that is hard. Especially since it's not like she is OFF doing her OWN thing and really in a position to hop into marriage with someone. Since you guys have been supporting her financially and emotionally and helping her raise the girls, I would think that you DO get an opinion on this. But I guess she is going to do what she thinks is best right now. Hugs, I know this stuff is hard...

Georgia and Cathy! Bless your hearts, what a whirlwind ladies! Hopefully there will be some peace coming up soon for you both. Thinking of you all, seems like I just don't have much time to post... that will change as all things do Im sure1

Aw ladies, what a roller coaster ride this life is... cwtches to those who need it and those who don't!

Sorry I haven't posted much - so busy with work  - I am one tired lady! Will try and update soon x

Georgia, I don't know if I mentioned this before... I talked to my Doc about getting the Shingles Vaccine... she put in a request to my insurance and it looks like they approved it... thinking of you when I did it girl! My brother has them, and my hubbies sis too (she is in her 40s)

Georgia, I don't know if I mentioned this before... I talked to my Doc about getting the Shingles Vaccine... she put in a request to my insurance and it looks like they approved it... thinking of you when I did it girl! My brother has them, and my hubbies sis too (she is in her 40s)

Good girl!! Get it quick! My Dr said she will give it to me when it subsides. Hopefully, it will squelch reoccurrences somewhat

Heading home tomorrow. .it's been great!

Attempting to fast today, yesterday I ate nothing but Cookies, in one giant midday binge. My emotions are all over the place; my Mom found a house in town which is wonderful but it also means she will be leaving the neighborhood that our house was in - when she had to sell after my Dad died she was able to move into a camper just one street over. We lived out in the country about 15 min outside of town, now she will be moving into town. Staying just a street over from our house made it easier somehow, the same drive "home" every day, being in physical proximity seemed to make the loss less terrible. She said that when she found this new place in town that she new it was right, it was what she had been looking for, waiting for, and that night she said out loud to my Father, "I'm ready David, I'm ready for you to come to me in a dream". For 14 months she had actively been telling him no, she wasn't ready, he better not try to reach her in dreams, and he didn't. Now she was ready, she told him, and he did. Her recounting this to me, and telling me of what she dreamed, just broke my heart and I just lost it, total sobbing, snot pouring sort of crying. Totally freaked my team out. Since then I have been just empty, forlorn, and listless.

I feel hugely fat, am petrified to step on the scale, haven't fasted in ages, haven't worked out because of that iliac crest injury, work is overwhelming, feeling incapable and irritable. Just tired of all of this bullshit, just want to get a job that will allow me to go home.

{{{{{Florinda}}}}} Go gentle on yourself, sweets. That's a lot of processing your heart and mind are doing just now. <3

Globe I pray for peace and calm for your heart and mind in the midst of this storm. Your mom sounds like she doing well and that's a good thing. Go shout, scream, and cry. That's a release of pent up emotions. Fill the empty with thoughts and plans of your future. What's next for you? You have a plan and your working the plan. We all lose it and binge eat from time to time. The good news, we get a new day to start over. A new day to take a deep breath,and get focus.

There's a song I sing when. I am in a storm here are some of the words. Its gonna be nice. Its gonna be nice what ever's in store for me Its gonna be nice. Its crazy right now Lord, but that's when you shine. I can't stop shouting its gonna be nice. No more crying about my situation. I know what I gotta do. I gotta pray, gotta trust, gotta believe and depend on you and know that its gonna be nice.

Of course I didn't write that. But when I sing it, it brings be peace. I wish I could Sing it to you. Peace

Glob, Im happy that your mom is finding herself again after losing her husband. Change is the natural state of the world, but that knowledge is small consolation when you want things to stay the same! Now it sounds like you want some things to change, and maybe some of those you can direct. Focus on those, and move out of this state of mind. Like Wanda said, you have a plan. And you are on the road to getting there. One step at a time. hug hug hug!

Florinda, your mum has decided to move into town and it is good she has made this decision herself as it proves that she is looking after herself and looking forward. Unfortunately for you it changes everything you know and leaves you feeling a little apprehensive for the future. But you too took a decision to look after yourself and to look forward as you decided to extend your your to give you more financial stability and so be able to reach your dream of a home and a course that could lead to employment. Keep hold of that dream.

Your tears and breakdown are grief, for the loss of your Dad and the life you knew. You are allowed to grieve and you must take as much time as is needed. Take care of your mental health, I know you try hard with your physical health but the mind is important too.

Lots of people here care about you, much love XX

Wanda, I would love to hear you sing, I bet you have a lovely rich voice.