Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Ladies! I've been reading but not posting much. Things have been absolutely crazy around here. My father in law has to have open heart surgery on Monday and the family drama surrounding this has been off the charts. It's sad actually. Georgia, glad you can help Kim on the vets board. Thinking of you all. I love all of the pics, all of you look wonderful! I hope to update more soon.

Oh, so sorry to hear about your FIL, Sarah. Thinking of and praying for the outcome.

Reading all...responding little. Still recovering from pneumonia and the antibiotics that made me sick, then got UTI and had to take other antibiotics. Now feeling better mostly, but have yeast infection. God help me... I was down 3 kg, then up 4kg, then down 3 and etc. I haven't been to the gym since October, so my midsection is soft and squishy and muffin-top-y. :-( But still vacillating wildly weight wise. And also super work busy, like insanely so. Haven't fasted since 2013. Lost. Hoping I find my way out of this eventually. Love you all.

Oh yikes!! Don't you hate it when antibiotics give you a UTI? Hope you feel better soon.

I have been reading all sorts of food addiction books - and ordered this little one that arrived a couple of days ago - I have to say that I am loving it so far - its is pretty much in line with the rules we have as bariatric folk which I like - another little tool to add to the arsenal of weapons against the dreaded regain.

The Little Book of Thin

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0399166009/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=36306974918&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15491231640768002992&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2n6n72qut3_e

I am always clueless when folks leave, or if there is drama - I think because I got deeply mired in some online nonsense on another type of forum a decade ago (and became the target of some crazy craziness out of the blue) I tend to stay far away from that kind of stuff. I really love the input of folks like Cheri, and Laura, and Butter - some of the pearls of wisdom that these folks have shared is some of the most valuable info I have come across on this journey.

Ah well - it is a good thing you guys are moderators to help keep all the crazy in line :)

Today is going to be interesting, to see whether or not I self-sabotage; this morning I weighed in at 164 flat, my lowest post-op weight. Every time I get to 164, I do something to sabotage it, I go on a carb bender, I stop working out, etc. So I think it is a plateau both for my body, and my mind. I can feel the desire, to eat.

Go Globe! I hope you get past you low of 164 and hit a new low.

Sarah, i hope your FIL is okay.

Sheryl, I hope you can figure out a way to retire early. Bill and I are trying to figure out how we can vacation more since we are both retired. I am glad you have Stephen to enjoy, but you're right, he's too old for you. I hope you can find someone closer to your age. These guys past 50 seem to have a lot of Ed problems and I got so tired of that when I was dating.

Swiz, I have problems with UTIs and I hated it when I got a yeast infection from the antibiotics. I hope you get well soon and can join us more here. We are here for you whether you're doing 5:2 or not.

Not much new with me other than I am trying to sell the house I moved out of 2 years ago and it didn't sell then. Renting to my daughter proved to be a bad idea and it's been hard to get it ready to put back on the market but I did it.Bill was a big help but I just didn't have the money to do much fixing up other than painting the every room in the entire house. Please keep your fingers crossed that is sells this time.

Swizz I know the feeling of trying to find your grove again. I have lost muscle tone but nobody seems to have noticed but me. I think once you restart you will bounce back to fitness easily. Well unless you get injured like I did. I think I need to have it imaged.

Florinda what a great opportunity to see the pattern and change it now. Congrats!!!

Daisy I am glad you mention the ED because Steven does NOT have that issue so I am pretty unaware of it. Thing is I just don't have it in me to search for a real boyfriend OR make the compromises needed. Example I met someone who is amazing in many ways but he is 20 years navy and now works for FEMA (all good) by I can tell he is uber organized precise and self disciplined. My ways will drive a guy like that crazy. I know I could start something up with him (or David the self centered ultra conservative) but I just CAN'T deal with meeting someone halfway so to speak and I know it just won't workout more than a little while due to that so I am better off just focusing on me for now I guess. As time goes on I am less interested in a partner. I wish I didn't care about sex and then I think I would be just done with the whole relationship deal.

Yesterday I felt blue and depressed. It was caused by lack of sleep as I was up about 10 times Saturday night going to the bathroom. Sunday was beautiful weather and yet i couldn't make myself do anything useful or fun. I seem to feel better today on all dimensions and found it very interesting how strongly I correlated exhaustion with feeling depressed for a day.

Oh Denisee was wondering if you would post on this private board your face before and after photos? Also you must have retired young took, right?

Oh and 151 this morning...back in business! I want to maintain under 150 and am almost there. That rapid bounce up shook me up a little!

Today is going to be interesting, to see whether or not I self-sabotage; this morning I weighed in at 164 flat, my lowest post-op weight. Every time I get to 164, I do something to sabotage it, I go on a carb bender, I stop working out, etc. So I think it is a plateau both for my body, and my mind. I can feel the desire, to eat.

Florinda, EXACTLY! Why so we do this? I got down to 139!!!! And immediately began to slack off and include more junk and higher carb/sodium. Now I'm at 145-146! I know some might be Water retention but the last month has been nightmarish. HA !!!

I joined the Easter Challenge. I do better with a goal and this is short term so goal 139! 5:2 AND lower sodium because my BP been up some

Fiddleman posted a topic about sodium and there are some articles I posted showing link between high sodium levels and increased stomach cancer/gastritis risk. We SURE don't need that with small stomachs! And if you eat a lot of lunch meat/rotisserie chicken it's pumped into it! :(.

Oh Denisee was wondering if you would post on this private board your face before and after photos? Also you must have retired young took, right?

Yes, I am I interested also. I also have a new laser treatment my boss and a couple of others did that DID really improve neck waddle. Only about 700-800 a treatment. My boss ( my exact same age and Man) took two for )1500. They zap starting about upper mid chest (below collar bones) repeatedly which draws up the muscles. Very interesting.

So far so good, I pushed my schedule forward so that I would be in the office till late, it keeps me honest with my food to be in front of people. By days end, IF I can avoid the late night chocolate monster, I will finish the day with 642 calories, which is good. I drank hot tea all morning, sweetened with coconut crystals and a splash of almond coconut milk, then had a humongous salad for lunch that took me the entire afternoon to eat, and for dinner I will have a little yogurt with some guava paste and a sprinkle of coconut.

On the professional front, please collectively cross your fingers for me, I have an interview this week (skype) with a potential employer in Seattle! I have already had round one interview. Also, the men in this program make concerted sneaky moves to purposely destroy the professional reputations of women in this program, slander so great it cannot be ignored. Also, the new team leader has a scary scary temper, he is untruthful, does not communicate, and makes appalling mysogynistic comments in the office. He's a civilian.

I hit my head pretty hard about a week and a half ago, hard enough to make me nauseated and my eyes feel unmoored. I then had an emotional outburst the following day, I don't know if the two are related but I did have that TBI last summer...

Freaking out because there are apparently bills from my stay in Germany in Sept and my worker's comp claim closed, FU**!!!!

I just want to get the eff out of here.

Edited by Globetrotter

Good luck on the interview Florinda!

I was reflecting on how life is a challenge for most people. I am blessed with good friends, a supportive boss and colleagues I adore. My family is quite supportive and I love them dearly even though I don't see them as often as I should. Even my sons are supportive (well as supportive as young 20s men can be expected to be). I have so much in my daily life that is positive. I admire you for perservering so well in an environment that does not strike me as emotionally supportive or loving AT ALL. Visualize how much more you will THRIVE once you are in a healthy environment!! I am excited for you.

Did gamer girl disappear too?

Yep, I see her on MFP now and again. She had a tiff with Laura on a post that kind of blew up a while back. I guess it might have had something to do with that...

Reading all...responding little. Still recovering from pneumonia and the antibiotics that made me sick, then got UTI and had to take other antibiotics. Now feeling better mostly, but have yeast infection. God help me...

I was down 3 kg, then up 4kg, then down 3 and etc. I haven't been to the gym since October, so my midsection is soft and squishy and muffin-top-y. :-(  But still vacillating wildly weight wise. 

And also super work busy, like insanely so. Haven't fasted since 2013. 

Lost. Hoping I find my way out of this eventually. Love you all. 

I just got over a UTI as well... am now taking Probiotics for a month to try and get the biome

back in shape. http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/04/gut-microbiome-bacteria-weight-loss

Today is going to be interesting, to see whether or not I self-sabotage; this morning I weighed in at 164 flat, my lowest post-op weight.  Every time I get to 164, I do something to sabotage it, I go on a carb bender, I stop working out, etc.  So I think it is a plateau both for my body, and my mind.  I can feel the desire, to eat.

Hang in there girl! You will feel so strong if you get through the day! And best of luck with the interview! Exciting!

Yep, I see her on MFP now and again. She had a tiff with Laura on a post that kind of blew up a while back. I guess it might have had something to do with that... I just got over a UTI as well... am now taking probiotics for a month to try and get the biome back in shape. http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/04/gut-microbiome-bacteria-weight-loss Hang in there girl! You will feel so strong if you get through the day! And best of luck with the interview! Exciting!

Yep, she did. And yes, it was between; but GG was always "up in LV's" business and they just didn't mesh. :) I REALLY miss both Butter and LV's humor and sarcastic replies. :)

GG could be intense and she had a way of just sorta bulldogging LV that i never understood... but i actually kind of like her. I feel like she is going through the weight loss emotional rollercoaster and would come out the otherside a really good friend on her. Dunno why,I just felt that way. Too bad people go off in a huff for any reason, but, oh well.