Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GG could be intense and she had a way of just sorta bulldogging LV that i never understood... but i actually kind of like her. I feel like she is going through the weight loss emotional rollercoaster and would come out the otherside a really good friend on her. Dunno why,I just felt that way. Too bad people go off in a huff for any reason, but, oh well.

I agree. GG is a true researcher and very analytical so came across "strong" at times, but like you, I liked her. She has lost almost 70 lbs now from MFP!

Well ladies, I'm back down to my lowest, at last! I enjoyed the week away but not the time it has taken to get the weight off.

The survey on the new house will be done on Wednesday and my buyer will have their survey done too on the same day, fingers crossed that both surveys come back with no problems and with the right valuations. If everything is OK we hope to move the 2nd May - 5th May is a holiday here so I will have a 4 day weekend to get things sorted. In the US do you take curtains and blinds when you move? Here it is normal to leave them (your next house never has the same size windows!) but I did not read the brochure properly and they are not included, should have said they must be included in our offer. Anyway I am waiting for a price from the vendor. I don't want to pay much as I will be decorating the house and chances are they won't fit in colour wise then but I do need something at the windows for the first few weeks/months. We are both looking forward to this move now and we are both looking on it as a positive experience.

Sarah, so sorry you are having medical issues with you FIL, really hope he is now on the road to recovery. Did you start your PT sessions with your new clients or did the medical emergency take over.

Florinda, really hope the skype interview goes well, we all know that you want to get resettled stateside and we are all routing for you. You seem to be on top of your diet too at the moment so congrats

Sorry hit send too early.

Swizzly, you seem to have been hit really hard by the pneumonia and the aftermath of the antibiotics, take care of yourself.

Wanda, we haven't from you in a while are you lurking? I love your sound advice and words of wisdom.

{{hugs}} to everyone.

Believe it or not, I don't have any before and after pictures of my face. I've always hated having my picture taken. I had to take some close ups and send them to my surgeon before, but after I emailed them to his office, I deleted them from my camera.

I was able to retire early because of my husband's horrible accident in 1987. Workers' Comp has to pay me untll I remarry. Plus widows can get SS at 60 so that helped a great deal.

Sheryl, if you start going through menopause, you'll have way less desire for sex drive. The only reason I am still able to have sex is because I am on hormones.

I got another pm from someone asking to join our group. I am going to pm Susan who is in our group anyway, and ask her how to get on the main page of the group to say the group is closed. I can't figure out how to rewrite what LV wrote which says ask to be invited in.

Nothing new here today. I am still at 135 trying not to eat junk and being successful about half the time. I have plans to go to the gym tomorrow so lets see if I can make those plans actually stick.

Florinda, I sent you a pm which in my messenger says is unread. I hope your Skype interview goes well!! It would be really wonderful to have something lined up when you can get back to the States. Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Cathy, glad you're almost ready to move into your new house. I just pray someone buys my house I moved out of.

I hope all is well with Wanda and everyone else we haven't heard from lately.

Denise - I have no messages from you, maybe resend?

Well, I did it! I did not cave in to the chocolate monster and I finished the day at 642! AND, I was rewarded this morning with a new all time low - 163.2!!!!!!!!! So close to the 150s I can taste it :P

My breasts though are still so dang enormous!! I wonder if it is something I am doing, like caffeine intake?

Kim, read this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/10717431/Why-Ive-ditched-statins-for-good.html

Wow surgeon finally sent me my markup photos.unreal, even to me how much I have changed. For my 6 month Mark from plastics I. Am going to do a before and after collage.

Denise I went through menopause several years ago whicb is why I ruled out hormonal issues but my doc says that can still happen. And I do still have a sex drive but it's different than in m 30s. Thanks to my EX I missed out on sex for most of my 40s.

Back to sleep....

Oh Denisee was wondering if you would post on this private board your face before and after photos? Also you must have retired young took, right?

Yes, I am I interested also. I also have a new laser treatment my boss and a couple of others did that DID really improve neck waddle. Only about 700-800 a treatment. My boss ( my exact same age and Man) took two for )1500. They zap starting about upper mid chest (below collar bones) repeatedly which draws up the muscles. Very interesting.

Wait, WHAT?!?! There is something for neck wattles that isn't surgical? I MUST KNOW MORE RIGHT NOW!! I was actually crying about my neck wattle recently (lame I know).

Well ladies, I'm back down to my lowest, at last! I enjoyed the week away but not the time it has taken to get the weight off.

The survey on the new house will be done on Wednesday and my buyer will have their survey done too on the same day, fingers crossed that both surveys come back with no problems and with the right valuations. If everything is OK we hope to move the 2nd May - 5th May is a holiday here so I will have a 4 day weekend to get things sorted. In the US do you take curtains and blinds when you move? Here it is normal to leave them (your next house never has the same size windows!) but I did not read the brochure properly and they are not included, should have said they must be included in our offer. Anyway I am waiting for a price from the vendor. I don't want to pay much as I will be decorating the house and chances are they won't fit in colour wise then but I do need something at the windows for the first few weeks/months. We are both looking forward to this move now and we are both looking on it as a positive experience.

Sarah, so sorry you are having medical issues with you FIL, really hope he is now on the road to recovery. Did you start your PT sessions with your new clients or did the medical emergency take over.

Florinda, really hope the skype interview goes well, we all know that you want to get resettled stateside and we are all routing for you. You seem to be on top of your diet too at the moment so congrats

That is awesome, Kathy!!!! Hope it all goes smoothly (as smoothly as moving from one house to another after years in one spot can go! Ha! Been there- done that! Don't want to do again!)

Neck Wattle cure - please do share! I don't actually think I need a facelift YET, and i am afraid of the scars and more importantly the numbness, but I would love to do a wattle reduction!

Cathy, good luck - hope the house stuff sails along smoothly.

I admit I am not fasting of late. I am down in my bounce range again barely - low 150s - but have kiddo home from college. I do want to take a run at getting more solidly into the 140s but thinking that will be more successful once he is gone.

The other day I was looking at my chubby thighs, knowing that the chub is mostly skin (I had the small thigh lift which was very much a partial solution) wondering if i should revise to the long thigh lift. My surgeon finally sent me the mark up photos... oh good heavens, wowza, even I forgot how much I have improved. It helped me reset my brain a little. Like wow, how far have I come???? I never really shared photos of how awful my thighs were pre-plastics - some of the photos I had were taken at beneficial angles. These photos are shocking even to me. April 14 will be my 6 month plastics and I hope to have actually put together some sort of photo collage really showing side by side. I don't have any pre weight loss photos that show any skin at all... but seeing what I looked like pre weight loss, then post weight loss (without spanx), then post plastics is amazing. when I was preop, I had no idea this was even possible...

Well, as soon as I have time to call the clinic, I'll post what I find out.   I'm hoping it will work for me. 

Cathy good luck with the move...I *hate* moving with a passion! I think typically in the states (or at least for us) we left all blinds, but kept the curtains or more decorative elements. I specifically had our relator write it in the contract that our window coverings could stay but the decorative elements were ours. When we bought this house (gosh 14+ years ago!!) we bought paper blinds until we could afford real blinds. They are a basically like a folded piece of paper that you fold up and down and clip together with a plastic clip to keep them open. They have adhesive along the top and that is how they stay in your window. They are cheap and temporary until you can find what you like/need.

Good luck also Florinda! Fingers cross...and a new low...WOO HOO!!!

Denise, I will look and see if I can find the wording LV used. Does Susan still read here? She popped in and out so quickly that I'm not sure she is still active.

That is too bad about Cheri, GamerGirl, LauraVen and Butter...such great voices and even though I rarely read anything on the main board anymore it's too bad they are gone.

I'm only doing so-so with tracking my food. Had like 3 great days then went off for the weekend and so far I'm trying to get back on track today. THEN MY NEXT GOAL IS A GOOD OLD FASHIONED FAST DAY. I have not done that in what feels like forever and I NEED TO DO IT. I know I will feel so much better if I do. Just need a good ole kick in the pants (and maybe a prayer to Him) to help me do it!!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, or so say the super models. I'm not thin yet, but seeing a new low number on the scale is way more satisfying than grilled cheese!

Florinda, you are right! When you want the grilled cheese or reach for the cookie put a picture of that scale (displaying that low figure) in your mind and ask yourself 'do I REALLY want it'.

Ps I should take my own advice

Hi laddies I am still here. Reall busy. Working wwith my mom to move her to a nursing home. Its sort of sad she wants to be independant but can not dress herself. She is falling more often and calling me to. Drive across town to get her something to eat. I had to convince her it was time she could no longer live alone and my house is not condusive to her living with me. Now the work of getting her moved.

Plus I have written a play about relationships based on the book of Ruth. The play is called Finding My Boaz. That will keep me busy until the end of June.

I know your all in the throws of life buying and selling home (good luck). Dating not dating and almost dating. Vacations from work and finding new places to work (prayers going up for you Globe hope the interview goes well). Caring for sick pups and dealing with drama from ill FIL (prayes of peace for you and family Sar). All those going through sickness and getting better. Ahh we are all in the middle of it all. Love u ladies and your strength for moving through it. And still watching our weight!

Is it possible to creat a second group and add those asking to join to that group? I had thought about starting a vet group for those still over 200lbs. I am still doing 5:2 still losing very slowly. I would like to be a part of both groups. Of course this one and 5:2 part two. No need to explain about not letting them in this group. Simply create Sucess in 5:2 Part Deux. Or 5:2 the journey continues.

Thoughts?

Good to hear from you Wanda and good luck with your mom. That is not easy stuff. And a playwright? WOW! You never cease to amaze me with your talents! Awesome!

Well, I did search but only found our mission statement that LV wrote for our group:

Mission statement

Welcome, to the 5:2 group. We consist of members that are at least a year out and almost at goal or have reached goal and put on a few pounds while in maintenance.
we are not trying to exclude anyone, but this method is not for the newly sleeved.
Please talk to your nutritionist and try the diet first to see if its something you can do. Then if you want to make a commitment to it, send us a message and you'll be invited in.

http://the5-2dietbook.com/

Obviously we can't use that word-for-word since it says send us a message and you will be invited in. I just would redirect people to the 5:2 thread in the Vet's Forum. They should be a year+ out before trying fasting anyway, so that seems appropriate. I guess I'm confused as to how people still know about this message board that we created because I didn't think it still showed up in social groups? Is it just from previous knowledge or is there somewhere that people can "see" we have this group and they aren't allowed in?

Edited by M2G