Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weekend wedding is a done deal! Went beautifully. I'm trying to get some rest this afternoon and de stress. Shingles are "manageable" today and I'm praying that I've turned the corner so to speak. Since meds are over. :)

Here are a couple pics of my beautiful girl and her family!

That's my boy, Corey, and my Grand, Drew, also!

God is good!

post-108291-0-72966500-1395017422_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-96612300-1395017438_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-01348600-1395017461_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-60285700-1395017472_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-06891200-1395017485_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-91465200-1395017495_thumb.jpg

post-108291-0-20532100-1395017513_thumb.jpg

Georgia, glad it went well. You deserve a nice big rest now, really hope that you are over the worse of the shingles.

You are right GOD is good and he is there for us in all our troubles.

Ps beautiful pictures

Managed to fast until late at night when I ate two little squares of chocolate, bringing my calories for the day to 700 :/ Doing pretty good today, I need to make it really difficult to get to those chocolates ... maybe put them in the bottom of a tough box and shove the box under my bed...

Globe, I have you beat, yesterday was a "normal" eating day, I managed to add over 500 cals extra. Cake, ice cream, crackers chips, bread, etc etc etc.... I gained 3 pounds in one day! I know its not all fat, but nothing like a salty binge to kick the scales in the ass-end. Fasting today.... TGI fastday!

I am back but scared to step on scale...retaining Water and carb cravings. It's ok had a great great trip. I wore a freaking swimsuit in PUBLIC and nobody fainted.

I came home to a mountain of problems that I don't even want to talk about yet. Sorry to read of all your woes too...

I wish to share an epiphany. I could retire in central America or Mexico soon. Very soon. And maintain a very acceptable lifestyle. You know what I would have to give up? My ability to support and bail out other people (kids, men, other family etc) like I have done my whole life. The idea frightens me...which I find an interesting self awareness observation. I am not taking any actions on any of this....just sayin.

My relationship with junk food is reminiscent of the alcoholic/drug user to their drug. If I slip, then I use it as an excuse to fall over the cliff, I can't even watch tv shows or read books where there is food being eaten or described, it instigates the desire. There were times when I would rather be eating than having sex (in my defense the sex was not that good). I cannot keep food in my living quarters because it will get eaten, all at once, not a little at a time. I cannot have one fried mozzarella stick, I want 10. I have successfully fasted the past 2 days and will do so again today, rebooting the system after last weeks carb madness. The first few days without sugar and white carbs - you really do feel like a junkie with the DTs but after about 3 days it goes away and so does your appetite. But if I could, honestly, I could eat 10 grilled cheese sandwiches, 20, all day long.

Globe you are in good company there. Sometimes I can be okay with junk in the house and nit devour it and other days I struggle alot. I know there is a physical component because when I am in a carb bender anything will do...I don't even have to particularly love it.

I forget who moderates the vet forum...but there is another preop "ask a vet" post called Any Regrets?

I restrained myself from answering the way I feel this morning. "Yeah I at times regret I can't eat junk food and stay at goal" oh wait, that wasn't the question was it.

I am a little pissed off and alot tired since coming home. I don't want to belabor the negatives because I have a great life but damn life can be hard at times. I know the solution...healthy routine (food and exercise), talk to my friends, have a productive work day,love on my animals. Those are the key things for me to feel good. Then just fix the pressing problems because I know it's on me to do that. I can, I just need the emotional strength to do it.

I promised myself that 2014 is the year of stability. I have had so much change the last few years..which appeals to the Gemini heart immensely...and which at times makes me feel like I could do anything....but also leaves me feeling like the ground under my feet isn't quite reliable. My Gemini heart also often changes what it wants so I know it is better to take a breath before leaping...it has always served me well. So nothing new and big in 2014 but I feel more and more like I need less stuff, less house and fewer daily responsibilities. 2014 is a year of stability AND of getting my life in a more comfortable place. I am seriously considering selling my home in 2015 as I am overwhelmed by taking care of everything. I decided that spring is nearly here and I will be better able to cope once the weather is better. I played alot last summer and this year I want to finish projects and get ready for whatever is next.

I am back but scared to step on scale...retaining Water and carb cravings. It's ok had a great great trip.

Um-Hum.... and welcome back girl.

My relationship with junk food is reminiscent of the alcoholic/drug user to their drug. If I slip, then I use it as an excuse to fall over the cliff, I can't even watch tv shows or read books where there is food being eaten or described, it instigates the desire. There were times when I would rather be eating than having sex (in my defense the sex was not that good). I cannot keep food in my living quarters because it will get eaten, all at once, not a little at a time. I cannot have one fried mozzarella stick, I want 10. I have successfully fasted the past 2 days and will do so again today, rebooting the system after last weeks carb madness. The first few days without sugar and white carbs - you really do feel like a junkie with the DTs but after about 3 days it goes away and so does your appetite. But if I could, honestly, I could eat 10 grilled cheese sandwiches, 20, all day long.

The old grilled cheese. drool. Im a damn fool for it too.

I forget who moderates the vet forum...but there is another preop "ask a vet" post called Any Regrets?

I restrained myself from answering the way I feel this morning. "Yeah I at times regret I can't eat junk food and stay at goal" oh wait, that wasn't the question was it.

I think I am the only Vet Host left. I will move them. I need to make up a rubber stamp that says "

Thanks for asking a great question, I will move it to a place where Vets and others can answer your question. The Vets forum is for those 12 months or more out from surgery. You are welcome to post there when you are that far out....sooner than you think!

Sheryl, your NSV post in the Vets is answered by almost all newbies.... Theres no end to it!

Heres a good one, my General Doc asked me to lose 5 more pounds (not because I'm fat, but to try and get my cholesterol numbers down a little) and I am starting to feel like a failure. I know its silly, but I am just not ready to make any more changes than I have already to lose 5 more pounds. I have been savoring maintenance... I have NEVER been in maintenance before.... I was kind of liking it and feeling normal and proud for a change. Its only 5 pounds, and really, the funny feeling is just in my head... but I do feel like I am closer to rebelling and sabotaging myself a little bit more from it... I really want to avoid taking statins if I can do it in another way, but the timing is just wrong.

Heres a good one, my General Doc asked me to lose 5 more pounds (not because I'm fat, but to try and get my cholesterol numbers down a little) and I am starting to feel like a failure. I know its silly, but I am just not ready to make any more changes than I have already to lose 5 more pounds. I have been savoring maintenance... I have NEVER been in maintenance before.... I was kind of liking it and feeling normal and proud for a change. Its only 5 pounds, and really, the funny feeling is just in my head... but I do feel like I am closer to rebelling and sabotaging myself a little bit more from it... I really want to avoid taking statins if I can do it in another way, but the timing is just wrong.

Yeah, I can understand that. And BTW, why is it when I get to where I want to be I tend to sabotage myself and ease off? Ha! Me and the PB crackers are living large right now. Fighting to stay in my bounce zone but I really want to just "enjoy" a little too much.

I for one do not agree that cholesterol and weight are automatically synced, I think that genetics and WHAT you eat, not how much you eat, are the biggest factors. Not everyone is the fervent proponent of natural medicine/food as medicine/homeopathy/anti-chemicals as I am, but I stand by this. I will BET you Kim, that with a little homework and changing up what you eat and changing your exercise routine, that your numbers will go down without you "having" to losee 5 pounds. I mean come the frick on - we here of ALL people, know how the American medical community just LOVVVES their security blankey of blame-the-fat (person), yet how many of us were super active when we were obese? Quite a lot actually. How many of us had decent cholesterol and BP? Quite a few actually. Losing weight is not the silver bullet for damn everything. Sorry, rant...

Have you had your individual cholesterols separately measured? Family Hx?

My cholesterol numbers were good when I weighed 300plus and moved to excellent before I hit goal. I too wonder how 5 pounds makes a difference as it doesn't for me.

I feel very bloated although yesterday I did a little better on the food.< /p>

I have had panels done several times... Just LDL and HDL... as well as ratios, total, Triglyserides and such...

I have started taking plant sterols (spelling?) which may make a difference.... I did manage to get the numbers down a little by eating less saturated fats... family... all on statins. :( . Well, I'll get back on this wagon... thanks for the ideas Globe.

Well, just had to share this NSV with my pals. Somebody gave me a beautiful Brighton belt about four years ago. Of course, you know I couldn't remotely wear it!

Today, almost four years later I have it on! I couldn't even wear it when I reached goal the first time! Thanks, 5:2 and an additional 10 pounds down! I seriously couldn't believe it when I just reached for it today and buckled it right up!!!!

AMAZEBALLS, Coops!

post-108291-0-00350900-1395236897_thumb.jpg