Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I talked to my Doc today about getting the shingles vaccine... she is putting the paper work into motion... if Insurance approves it, I will get it.

shingles are just a type of varicella (chickenpox), though they can be more hazardous in older adults. oatmeal baths, don't scratch (easier said than done). Yesterday was supposed to be a fast day and I was great until the lights went out, I was at 530 and then suddenly talked myself into eating chocolate and trail mix that brought my count up to past 800. :( I do have a tax person helping me out, but I have no idea how to begin on the medical bill thing, there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to help here.

It feels much different from chickenpox, though. Not much itching but internal burning and stabbing pain.

Georgia, sorry to hear about the shingles - I hear they are really painful. I hope they can sort you out with the right medication soon.

Florinda, it certainly does not only rain but it pours down on you. {{HUGS}} again. I hope you can find someone to help you fight the medical bills.

OD - you sound so happy with Bill, so glad it is all working out.

I lost some of the regain from my holiday but I'm still 2lb up from my lowest, that makes me obese again and sad. I need to get back into the swing of 5:2, I only managed 1 day last week.

On the home front it has been a bit stressful with big decisions having to be made. We have sold our house! Well we have accepted an offer and the process of the sale has begun. We spent last week and the weekend (as well as fitting in a 400 mile round trip to see my mum and working) looking for a new place for us. It came down to 2 totally different places - a 3 bed house which is a smaller version of what we have but it needs some work and a new build 2 bed penthouse apartment. Well we have spent the last few days going over and over everything - pros and cons of each and I am exhausted by it all. We decided on the flat and have put in an offer and are waiting to see if it is accepted. I don't know about house buying in the US but here it is so stressful, there are so many things that can interrupt the process - right up until you get the keys. Why did we choose the flat because it is so totally different to what we have and we cannot make comparisons. However, if we cannot get it I won't be too disappointed if we have to go after the house. There is such a shortage of good housing on sale at the moment that vendors are virtually fighting over them. Our own house didn't even go to the market as we were approached privately.

Hubby still not having any luck with jobs, companies and agencies are not even getting back to him, I think age (56) is an issue.

So I'm blaming stress for keeping hold of the weight but if I'm realistic I know that it is my mouth to blame, too much or the wrong sort of food is going in. Fasting today - I have just put everything for the whole day in MFP and if I stick to it I should come in at 498. My lunch and dinner are already weighed and measured out so I just have to avoid any biscuits in work today. I have to leave for work in just over an hour so I have time to do some exercise, quick shower and off. I won't be home until 9.30pm and usually by then I'm too tired to attack anything. I do have a SF jelly in the fridge which is only 10 calories if I am desperate.

We are really quiet at the moment - hope everyone is well.

Mexico is sunny and warm and full of fun people...retirees mostly where I am staying but also surfers and other beach bums. I have been so hungry and over eating that part is terrible though.

Oh no bidding war, best and final offer has to be in by 5pm. I will have to leave that to hubby.

Cathy...anxious to hear if you got the place! Let us know.

Sheryl, glad you're having a good time. We finally hit 55 for a day here yesterday and it was wonderful. Tomorrow it's back to 18 and snow.

Florinda, my husband is an investment guy. He's gets lots of phone calls from his clients right now about tax issues. Lmk if there is anything you would like me to ask him for you.

Georgia, thinking of you.

Lost it, just got home and hubby is gutted. We will have to start looking again tomorrow. It was not meant to be.

PS came back to edit - disappointed and hit the carbs!!!

Edited by UK Cathy

I'm sorry, Cathy...there must be a better one out there for you.

I'm sorry too Cathy. House hunting is stressful. I am going to put my house on the market on friday. I tried 2 years ago and it didn't sell then. the market is supposed to be better now. I am not going to give it away though. If nothing else, I will make it a rental. That is not my choice though. Now that it's all over, I wish I would have stayed in that house and not bought the house I'm in now.

Sounds like you're having fun in Mexico Sheryl. I am glad you're still able to stay in touch with us.

I am really freaking out over my weight. When I left home, I was 137. Now we are in Portland again, so we will be eating out a lot.

I am definitely fasting when I get home. I told Bill he might have to stay away for a few days in case I am a bitch while fasting, lol.

We both got up positive today, looked over the floor plan etc for the 3 bed house, talked about why we rejected it over the apartment etc and came to the conclusion that it is a house we could make a home so we put in an offer. The estate agent said it would more than likely be tomorrow before he gets back to us as he was off to the races! This is the most important 4 days in the life of my town as it is Cheltenham Races, thousands of people come to the event, paupers and royalty and it brings in lots of £££s to the local economy. So I have to wait patiently.

5:2 paid off yesterday, I fasted and today down a lb so I am only 1lb above my lowest weight now.

I will keep you posted but in the meantime everyone just cross your fingers for me.

Hello ladies...so sorry for going MIA again for 2 weeks. Ugh. I've just been slammed with homework and freelance work and was on a committee at school to pick our new principal (3 days of interviews and deliberation) plus I'm a parent group organizer for one of the school programs... AND of course THE NEW (THANKFULLY ALIVE) PUPPY!

Piper the pup is doing well, it was very rough for the first week after we got her home from the hospital because she still wasn't just a "normal" puppy but a very sick puppy. I'm happy to say she is finally doing well and is settling into life with us nicely. She is a gem and a doll and we shudder to think what might have happened if she had been adopted by someone who could NOT afford to pay for treatment of the parvovirus for her. :( Just make me think even more that she was meant to find her forever home with us.

So I apologize because I basically just skimmed through the last 2 weeks of stuff here. And I want to say I think of each of you even when I'm not checking in. I'm sorry that some of you are hurting physically, emotionally or otherwise.

A very very very good friend of my husband (they were childhood friends and remain good friends today) just found out yesterday that his sister committed suicide. The friend (Rob is his name) was one of 4 siblings, Rob had 3 sisters. The second oldest sister was found dead yesterday. I don't know any of the details (how she was found or what method she used etc.) but it's just so tragic. She was skinny and pretty and had a husband and two grown children (like early 20's). She was always a bit of a drama queen and seemed like she was always struggling with things, but I just wish someone had been able to reach out to her and help her find her way out of whatever darkness she was in. So sad. And tragic and makes me realize how much people are often hurting on the inside even when they look great on the outside.

So hugs to you my 5:2 friends. Thinking of you all!! :)

Offer accepted on the house! Now the fun begins at least the chain is not long, only 3 buyers in it. It's going to be fun and exciting and another phase of our life together. Lucky me, I feel blessed.

Congratulations, Cathy!! You have such a good attitude about these changes. I'm excited for you.

Good to hear from you, Sheila. Glad Piper is doing well. Sorry about your friend. Suicide is so sad.

Ladies, I am excited to let you all know that I have will be meeting and training my first clients on Saturday! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time.

So sad to hear about your friends sisters suicide :( and happy to hear that the little pup is better!

We still rent - I still dream about owning something of our own someday, and we did have a few attempts at buying a few years ago - didn't seem like we were fast enough, lots of homes that are reasonable (if you can say reasonable for Seattle - prices are high) are snapped up by corporations that fix them up then build another house on the large lot - very strange.

I do like the freedom of being able to move when I want to - there is something to be said for that freedom. Wishing you guys the best of luck in your home search Cathy.

I went to see one of the providers at my surgeon's office and got a Phentermine refill - it is something that I have taken here and there prior to surgery, and after as well - seems to be working well to get this crazy carb monster under control. Also picked up sugar free Fiber gummies which are a bona fide miracle lol.

Woo your first clients! Congrats I bet it will go great :)

Hope Sheryl is having a blast in Mexico - talk to you guys soon!

Been reading when I get a minute. So much drama going on right now been unable to post. Things I have found: 1. Shingles is DEF stress and pressure related! 2. Wed horrible day. Much pain. Heart racing. Huge stress added to fact both grand girls have been at my house since Tuesday 3. Yesterday off work because of girls Dr Suess day at school. Had a pleasant morning. Nails done. Shopped a while. NO PAIN ALL DAY. AND I have an impromptu wedding this wknd at my house. Daughter getting married. Not too happy about it. Too soon but she's 37... Decided on Tuesdat to get married. :). And on top of that, Dr office called Tricare won't cover my colonoscopy now until two more years! Have a history of polyps so mine are every 3 years. Nope. So I guess I will pray no symptoms til 2016. Thanks, Obamacare! This too shall pass. Has to. Ha!

Edited by Georgia