Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ladies, thanks for the good thoughts about Piper. Parvo is and can be deadly for dogs. Treatment is expensive and we have already put over $1200 into her treatment. We transferred her to a 24 hour care animal hospital because our vet office is not staffed 24/7...they basically have office hours. So we moved her yesterday. Her care for the next 3 days could climb as high as $3500. We applied for CareCredit. Ugh. So yes here in the states we vaccinate for Parvovirus as well. Ideally pups should NOT be weaned until 8 weeks, and then start their first of 3 rounds of vaccines. This poor pup was pulled from mom just shy of 6 weeks, taken to a clinic and spayed (that is REALLY YOUNG to spay a dog) AND given her first round of vaccines. (Prob. too early for that as well.) Then she was packed up, and driven from Texas to Colorado where we adopted her at 7 weeks old. She had her 8 week old birthday yesterday. She is still alive and trying to beat this thing. Poor baby is just exhausted. We transferred her to a 24 hour animal hospital and she will be getting the best possible care available. It won't come cheap. So this dog that we adopted from Texas for $165 could end up costing us $5000 and we haven't even been her pet owners for a week yet. Sigh. Sorry to just come and vent and be sad...but thank you all for the thoughts and prayers...my current prayers is that she can come home on Sunday for good. We shall see...

OMG! And I thought my doggy costing 750 was steep! That whole scenario is so heartbreaking! Poor little puppy dog and poor wallet for you! You def have a good heart! Praying for y'all!

Denise, I have an issue with guys who move too fast -- ask for your space, it's okay!! Sorry I've been absent, still trying to recover from the pneumonia and house move. The antibiotics made me super sick and I've been nauseated for two weeks now. I've lost 3kg, but I'm all weak and sloppy and loose, doesn't make me feel like I'm doing well or anything. I hate not having basic energy -- I suck at being sick. But I've been inadvertently fasting a lot...? ;-)

How are you feeling? Any better now? Sure hope so. Nothin worse than having sickness drag on!!! Here's a hug and hope for a better week upcoming!

Shout out to all my 5:2 peeps! As I was reading through the posts since I've been really busy this week, the thought hit me - what a GREAT Thing this is! A worldwide group of women (and BTB if he still lurks) who have "connected" in lots of ways, sharing heartbeats, joys, sorrows and all of LIFE!!! Happy, happy weekend!!!!

i agree Georgia!

Globe, Really like the new voice you have found and are exercising!

Sheila, My old pup is right on the edge Healthwise. The doc said if anything happens to her where she needs an operation, she doesn't recommend it. That means a broken leg would spell the end for her. :(. Your pup is so lucky to have you, and if/when she pulls through, she will be a treasure for you and your family. What a rotten way to start life, I have never heard of a pup getting fixed at 6 weeks! ....but theres a new mom in town! and things are changing for the better.

Cathy, your dogie had the best time! I like it when they are all worn out from so much walking and stimulation. We call it "picking up her Pee-mail" when our pooch goes out for a walk and a sniff.

Hope the rest of you are finding satisfaction in life this weekend!

Hey everyone...

Gary's funeral was yesterday and I am not going to dwell on the heartbreak and sadness - it was so hard to watch my son say goodbye. I am so utterly proud of him; his dignity and courage was a true testament to his mature character and good heart.

What I do want to say is that the service was beautiful and a true celebration of a proud welshman.

I spent yesterday feeling sad and lost in reflection that a loss brings and I feel that today I must move on... move forward and try to find a more positive side.

I am going out tonight for some drinks with friends, a long overdue night in the pub. Lots of stress isn't good for me and I just want to kick back and have a laugh. I am not going to think of calories or exercise... I am not going to think of work... but just for tonight, I am going to live in the moment and have fun!

Skinny - isn't it your birhtday today? Happy Birthday my lovely or as we say in Wales; Pen Blwydd Hapus!!

Cathy, you holiday sounds just perfect - I love that part of Wales and haven't been for ages... must try and visit it this year... I love walking along the beach too - regardless of the weather.

Florinda, I am glad you can see what I can... you are exactly what you describe...

Hope everyone is doing well... hugs to you all x

Skinny - isn't it your birhtday today? Happy Birthday my lovely or as we say in Wales; Pen Blwydd Hapus!! Cathy, you holiday sounds just perfect - I love that part of Wales and haven't been for ages... must try and visit it this year... I love walking along the beach too - regardless of the weather. Florinda, I am glad you can see what I can... you are exactly what you describe... Hope everyone is doing well... hugs to you all x

Hugs right back at you! Have a AMAZEBALLS time at your pub!

Happy birthday, Skinny!!!!!!!

The scale was unforgiving, I put on more this week than I did when I went on my 2 week trip to Mexico/ cruise last April. It has shown me how much easier it is to eat the crap and how volume has increased. The good thing is that the cupboards are bare at home and I won't be bringing any Snacks or alcohol in for some time. It went on in a week I just have to work at it and see what I can lose in a week.let battle commence..

Florinda....I am woman hear me roar. LOVE IT!

Well Georgia I guess the way the world gets linebackers is to have mothers built like us...sigh. My GF Mary is always jealous because she has a butt even though she is trim. I don't think I would mind having a little bit of ass. :)

Don't ask how much I spent trying to save my little Papillion Ziva. She was a rescue..had been a breeding bitch in a puppy mill and spent her first 5 years in a cage. I had her for 2 years...I loved that dog so much and she was so devo t ed to me. She died due to issues relating to her crappy care those first 5 years. Some people really suck.

Friday I saw Steven with the intent of ending things. I have been blue feeling and he sort of took me to task on that. I never got to the breaking up because he really focused me on that and you know he is right. I have an amazing life, so many good things and so many choices. Sometimes it's nice for your friends to say "everything is going to be OK" and sometimes you need one to say..."WTF are you whining about" You know what he told me...that I am afraid of my own success. That kind of stung because I feel the truth in it. Damn this guy is hard to let go.. I have felt invisible most of my life and yet he sees right through me.

Saturday I took Mia, my new horse to an obstacle course training. The do what they call cowboy racing...it is a timed event through obstacles. At first i feared i would be at the first "overhead" obstacle all day. Most of the others had been there multiple times so we were the newbie but by the end Mia was as good if not better than most. the end of the day we were flying over and through these scary obstacles. Because I a confident rider and she is a great horse we could do some of the things way better than most right off the bat (ie she knows where to put her feet based on how I signal with my legs and seat) Several of my horsey pals were there and they loved Mia so it was great. She was surely one of the cutest horses there. I loved it and I couldn't help but think of what Steven said...I do have a great life.

Oh yeah I have not really been 5:2 very carefully but just eating light 2 days. Weighed 146 this morning...so down a few. Let's give it a week to see if it sticks. I think 5:2 works even if you are imperfect about it. Still not reducing body fat as my workout is rehab from the injury caused by that trainer. My right thigh is killing me after being in the saddle all day yesterday.

I'm really glad Stephen said what he did Sheryl, as I have been thinking it for awhile but as just on online aquaintance it is not my place to say STFU already with your pity party and take a damn hard look at the blessings in your life. Feeling low and blue is a part of being alive, and if it lasts for longer than a spell that is what therapy and reflection and drugs are for. But constantly looking at ones life through a gloomy lens is a habit, and a bad one. So I'm really glad that Stephen, who has such sway in your life and in the way you view yourself, brought the light to you.

I have been without a scale for close to 3 weeks and I am petrified that I have gained, I washed and dried on hot a pair of size 10 Levis and yeah okay jeans are always stiff after that but this was beyond stiff, this was TIGHT in a painful-on-the-hipbones kind of way :/ I've fasted the last 2 days and am fasting today as well for good measure, I'm averaging 650 cals. Since I started lifting I have conducted research into the best methods for muscle building and fat loss and professional after professional after professional, across many styles and methods, say the same thing - you can build muscle but that will require you eat more, or you can lose weight and eat less, but you cannot do them both at the same time, you have to choose. So, I choose weight loss. I will continue to do squats and push ups in my room just to keep my strength up, but I am officially stopping "working out" and we will see what happens. The proof, as they say, will be in the pudding.< /p>

Sortta struggling these days. Buried a 21 year old relative very sad loss due to a brain hemerage after taking a get high drug. So sad for people that get high to face life. The good news, he was an organ donor and was able to save several lives. His heart still beats amoung us.

I am also trying to help another young man get his life together and asked him with 1 being the worst person you could be and 5 being the best person you could be where do u see yourself. His answer was a 2. I found that sad and very telling. We talked about self worth and self confidence. Now focusing him on what will it take to move to a 3. Babt steps

Then there's mom she is so afraid to go to a nursing home. She thinks she'll be stuck in bed and be forgotten. I feel for her but she doesn't see this is the right thing for her saftey. She lives alone and many days can hardly walk. But in the midst I have joy in my life. I find time and a place for smiles and laughter. I always count my many blessings. My supportiive hubby (except for the sweets he brings in the house). My wonderful children all in good health and doing well. My 2 year old grandson is alwys good for a few laughs. My job, my health. Its all good

Still gaining and losing thw same five pounds. 5:2 during the week then losing focus on the weekend. Not feeling curves. It doesn't feel like a work out. I feel the muscles get tired so must be working the muscles but don't think it burns the calories. Now that my daugjhter is off third shift I don't have to be home at 6 and can join a zumba class which tend to start later in the evening

Life is a journey full of ups and downs. Full of bitter and sweet. Keep it all in perspective my sleeve sisters. Wanda~

Wanda, I love your posts you always see the joy in life and I think we all need to take a lesson from you. I hope you can get your mum sorted soon as I know that mums can be a big worry to us children.

'Diet' and exercise seem to a bit of an issue to you at the moment but your time is full of other things so maybe they are not at the forefront and so don't be too hard on yourself about this. I know you have said you like Zumba so I'm glad that you now have time to go.

Wanda, how very sad... losing a young life is soo hard.  But like Cathy said, you always find a positive side to focus on and that is so inspiring and I wish I could do it to the same degree as you!

I am gutted that you aren't enjoying Curves as I felt it was a good work out - I've been this morning and really enjoyed myself!  Got a good sweat on and raised my heart  beat, so that is a bonus.  I too am bouncing around all over the place at the moment... I can go to bed 4lbs heavier than when I woke - it is sooo bloody frustrating.

But we can't give up my lovely... we gotta keep on keeping on.

Florinda, I too have read the same about weight loss and fitness - can't remember where, might have been the Paleo web site, that said that weight loss is 80% of what you eat and 20% what you 'do'... perhaps that is why the 5:2 works.  Dunno, but like you weight loss and body fat loss is my focus at the moment.

I had a great laugh Sat night... it ended up just me and a friend and we had a good ole drinkie-poos and a good ole natter and I felt so much better for it.  Just a night being 'me' did me the world of good.  Then yesterday, me and the hubby had a sofa day and watched a film and cwtched up.... it was just lovely!

Although I am off school - half term here - I have a busy week... Betty has school revision sessions and Cadet training through the week. Hywel has to go to the gym as he has a fight coming up and Steve goes into hospital Weds for another knee op... and I have a check up with my TT surgeon on Thursday - so it is gonna be manic...lol! Oh and I have a load of marking I gotta do before we go back to school...

At least I won't be bored!