Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

... I may have to completely cut out going out to eat or drink in order to get back under 150 - so my weekly happy hour may have to be sacrificed but no big decisions until I get back from my biz trip to Orlando.

I am annoyed with this right now, feeling that "it isn't fair" feeling but I will get over it and carry on.

I would have to draw the line there... if my social life was impacted this much to lose the last 10... I don't think I would go there. Thats probably why I am where I am, and not 10 pounds lower! I am not that great in the social life department anyway, and cutting out my occasional outings with friends that involve food (not horrible, The tummy helps on the quantity part, but some treats) would be heartbreaking to me. Most of my "food outings" are at horrible restaurants that do not cater to vegetarians anyway, and I have switched most of my thinking to "going out for socializing, and not for eating" Where do we draw the line?

I go out once a week to a delicious restaurant - we go to happy hour as that is the only way to afford the food there...haha. I have two drinks and an appetizer - or share two apps with my friend. We sit there for a couple of hours after happy hour and chat with the regulars siince the DUI laws are so strict we want to be stone cold sober before leaving. I probably am NOT willing to give that up - but internet dating which seems to involve food and wine - often quite nice - yeah, I can give that up...LOL

This morning the scale coughed up 151 instead of 154 so I feel a little less weirded out. It is strange - I am still well under my official goal of 158 so I am not sure why this upset me so much. I think it is that feeling of out of control - like how do I gain 4-5# in just a few days sort of feeling.

I am worried that i am having ab swelling due to plastics. Surgeon keeps saying this is way late, I am a slow healer etc but I know from the patient support group that some people have intermittant swelling for like a year. Anyway, compression around the belly as I would like to maintain a waist!

florinda, i am sorry if my words sounded like an attack - they were not intended that way and I think if you reread it you will realize it wasn't. I was taken aback as I thought i was understanding your situation but I wasn't. It really is your business what you choose to share and I am very HAPPY for you!!!!

I have missed so many days here that it's so hard to respond to everyone since there's and ever changing life events happening. LOL Life goes on and each day is a new day with so many life changing dynamics....

Everyone sounds like they are doing really good. I know that each and every one of us have so many stressors hitting us and learning to use or develop new coping skills to deal with these stressors are so hard.

I do read everyone's post and learn from them too. I wish we could all get together and meet someday too. That would truly be a blast.... :P

I have had a food feast for the past week and need to do some serious fasting tomorrow. Today I will clean the cupboards and the refrigerator out and do some internal cleaning. I'm struggling with family issues and am not quite sure where my marriage is heading. I have a lot of fear each day and start feeling sorry for myself thinking "at this age, I shouldn't be dealing with this stuff!" So I am taking a bit of time to take care of me and look at what I can control, and what I can't control. The answer is, I only have control over me and my behaviors. SO sad, but it does help let go of things though.

I am really miss everyone when they are not around to post. I know they're busy and i just experienced the difficulties I had in catching up and find it impossible to respond to all the posts. But I love you all! XOXOXO

I can't believe how quickly this thread moves! And I want to know why I get no notifications from that anyone has posted in here. Bill told her she needed to make other arrangements. The last time they had a fight, she told him to go and sleep in his truck and she hoped he froze to death. That was it for him. He told her she could not stay there anymore, and that she had said so many hateful things, that he did not love her. He said he cared about her as a person, but he was not in love with her. .Then she packed up whatever she had at his house and off she went to where ever she had made other arrangements. He tells me I have completely changed his life and he is happier than he has been in years. Florinda, I don't remember ever causing any disrespect to you with regard to your weight loss, or speed of weight loss, or regain lost. I remember saying way to go! or something to that affect. I hope you aren't offended that since Coops wanted to have the pleasure of sending you a package, that I didn't send an additional one. If coops' package arrives and you are still needing things, let me know, please. Sheryl, Glad the ex is gone and I hope the took some stress from you along with him. Steven seems to fill your needs right now, so just go with it until it doesn't feel right again. Wanda, I was the same way when I was trying to lose my regain. I could not eat anything without regaining any headway I had made until some social engagement happened and I didn' t have the willpower not to eat with everyone else as I socialized. I don't know why 5:2 made a difference, other than I was somehow able to stop snacking.I didn't keep anything sweet in the house other than sf fudge bars. I hope I haven't missed anyone. It's 2 am and I don't have time to open another window so I can read all the pages I missed and respond to each one.

I haven't got r ANY notifications from any thread today. Wonder what's up?

I have missed so many days here that it's so hard to respond to everyone since there's and ever changing life events happening. LOL  Life goes on and each day is a new day with so many life changing dynamics....

Everyone sounds like they are doing really good. I know that each and every one of us have so many stressors hitting us and learning to use or develop new coping skills to deal with these stressors are so hard.

I do read everyone's post and learn from them too. I wish we could all get together and meet someday too. That would truly be a blast.... :P

I have had a food feast for the past week and need to do some serious fasting tomorrow. Today I will clean the cupboards and the refrigerator out and do some internal cleaning. I'm struggling with family issues and am not quite sure where my marriage is heading. I have a lot of fear each day and start feeling sorry for myself thinking "at this age, I shouldn't be dealing with this stuff!" So I am taking a bit of time to take care of me and look at what I can control, and what I can't control. The answer is, I only have control over me and my behaviors. SO sad, but it does help let go of things though.

I am really miss everyone when they are not around to post. I know they're busy and i just experienced the difficulties I had in catching up and find it impossible to respond to all the posts. But I love you all! XOXOXO

Sorry your having unrest at home... We all bought into a change filled life didn't we?! It just keeps spinning out for better or worse.... hopefully more better than worse!

It is what it is....LOL I haven't been receiving any notifications in my email for a few day now.... ?

Dorrie, I am sorry you are having a tough time. I hope your marriage can weather the storm. We are here if you want to talk about it. The older I get, the harder I realize life really is. Hugs to you.

Sheila, where are you??? Hope everything is ok with you. Check in with us please.

Denise, I am so very happy for you! Sounds like you are in love and I hope that it is everything you want and more. So happy Bill finally cut it off with the crazy woman. Enjoy this time. :)

Florinda, I have to say this and I don't mean any offense by it so please don't take any. I don't think anyone attacked you, however, I am sorry that you feel you were attacked. To me it sounded like some of the ladies were a little taken aback by finding out you lost your regain but you kept saying that the scale wasn't going down. They let you know how they felt and that was all. I didn't see it as an attack. I saw it as them sharing their feelings with you and moving on, not holding any grudges. Isn't that what friends do? We may not all agree but I do appreciate that we can share our feelings here. You have many times told people how you felt about things even though it may not have been the popular opinion. That's one thing I really admire about you and a few others on here. We all love you, Florinda! :)

Kim, thanks for letting us know about Laura. I hate that things are rough for her right now. Hopefully it will change.

Georgia, I will probably be making a trip to Texas again soon to see my friend who is having problems with drugs. Since we drive right through Arkansas I really hope we can meet up and I am serious about this! I would love to meet you in person (all of you really).

Sheryl, glad the ex is gone and that you can now try to move on from this. I am jealous you are going to Orlando. I want some warm weather. I'll even take the 40's. :)

Wanda, just wanted to send you a cyber hug! You are doing great.

Not much to report here. When I weigh in officially on Monday for the contest I'll let you all know what I lost. I'm getting my period this week so I usually get pretty bloated and go up a few pounds on the scale.

Happy Wednesday, Ladies!

Talked to Alex - it seems Yahoo (maybe others) has been rejecting emails from BP for some reason and after a few BP doesn't mail to you for 30 days.  He took my name off the list and said to tell anybody else not getting their notifications by email to message him direct. 

Georgia, I will probably be making a trip to Texas again soon to see my friend who is having problems with drugs. Since we drive right through Arkansas I really hope we can meet up and I am serious about this! I would love to meet you in person (all of you really).

YES!!  Let's!

Dorrie, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now... just make sure you look after yourself.

Florinda, I will get on with some shopping for your care package on the weekend... it will be my pleasure!

It has been a really weird day today. The good news is that my daughter's cooking exam went really well... she had good feedback from her teacher and felt it all went well - she was a happy bunny!

I had a long day in work and didn't feel very well... headache and dizziness returned! Got through it though.

When I got home we had some really sad news; my son's boxing trainer and mentor took his own life; his name was Gary and he was just 54. He was Welsh amateur champion and turned pro. In his day, he was a brilliant athlete and later he helped coach and train many, many youngsters. Obviously Hywel (my son) is completely floored by this news, when Hywel first went to the boxing gym, I think he was a little apprehensive and intimidated by the environment. Gary took him under his wing and looked out for him, he has been at each and every fight that Hywel has participated in and help wipe his tears when he lost and helped wipe his tears when he won. He was a fluent welsh speaker and conversed with Hywel in welsh when they trained together, this I feel helped Hywel feel more at home, more comfortable and encouraged him to engage in the sport.

He has left such a hole in my son's life. Hywel told me today that in school he was asked to write one thing that made him proud and he wrote Gary's name.

My heart breaks to hear this news, my heart breaks to see my son so upset and unable to do anything about it...I can't help but to think of his family... how do you deal with a death in this way.

A very sad day.

Sorry to hear about family and marriage stress - it totally sucks.

In my case it wasn't caused by my weight loss.... but I will say that removing 150# of emotion burying fat made it so I could actually see and feel the issues that were really pretty bad all along.

I hope this is something that can be worked through and a good outcome for you and your family.

Wow Coops that is so tragic.

I have a firend who is a firefighter. What has shocked me is that he has to deal with suicide situations so much - I think it is a big problem and such a sad outcome. always makes you wish that person could have seen himeself through the eyes of others that valued him so greatly. I am truly sorry.

Sheryl, you are so right! I really don't know why he took his own life, he left a note but I don't know the content. He was admired and respected by so many ... Hywel has already vowed to 'do him proud' - heartbreaking. I just can't imagine what his family are going through.

Sad news Coops, such a tragedy I truly believe that when anyone does this the balance of their mind has truly gone. They must be in such a state. It is hard to explain it to a child too especially one they hold in high esteem. It is true that none of us knows what is going on in someone else's life and the most vulnerable are good at putting on a brave face. It must be somber in your house tonight {{HUGS}}.