Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone.,

That's funny that you want me to share more about him. He was a counselor for 20 years. Before that he was an English teacher. . He's very impressed wiht my grammar because most people arount here have very poor grammar. He's just as sweet as can be and I love that he loves to communicate. In fact, he insists on it.

He gets up in the middle of the night when he can't sleep and writes me these big long emails on al his thoughts. He just amazes me.

I guess love is a good thing. I weighed this morning and I am down to 130! Yay! I wanted to get there so I'd have a 5 lb bounce range. I didn't even try. I just don't feel like eating.

I don't think people should be so concerned with goals. The goal is to lose weight and do the best you can. I mean, that's why we had WLS. So the goal is to move downward. That's about it.

I went to some OA meetings. I enjoyed them. they just don't offer much in this tiny town. I was very active in NA for years when I was getting over my pot addiction.

Sheryl are you going to bring home some boxes and say pack it up? Aren't there places where he could rent a room?

Where is Forinda. With the time change, she is usually on at night.

Florinda, how's it going? Glad the goof ball appologized even if it was not enough and quite late. Shows he at least he felt bad.

well I have to go to bed. Bill has a C Pap machine and I am really havin trouble sleeping with that noise.

Can you guys talk to me about good fats? What foods have good fats and why are they a good part of weight loss.

CGjane I hate to hear you slipping into a low state over stress from the ex. I am sure its more complicated then it sounds but I am with Sar and othes that say bring home some boxes. Does he have a job? If so then he's a grown man and will find a way to survive. If he doesn't have a job then I would find it hard to send him out the door. Your mental health is very important and if the ex is causing stress then its time ti ex the ex! If only it were that simple

Sar. Good luck on the work challenge! I can see how that would give you motivation to stick with it. I am still spining it around in the 'ole brain.

Dorrie do whivh ever would give you the most pleasure. Never let food be the reason to do a thing and especially to not do a thing. Food has controlled our lives long enough. I went to Vegas on a business trip. Don't like gambling so shopping was my fun.

OD my hubby sleeps with a Cpap. His is so quiet its like white noise easy for me to sleep. Especially after years of his HORRIBLE snoring. If Stevens is too loud he may need an adjusted face mask or a tune up on the machine. We found out they don't last for ever and his motor may be going bad. Hubbys is covered under insurance so getting a new one was easy for him. Good luck. U both deserve a good night sleep

Coops hope u feel better soon. And the mushrooms sound good(I think that was u). That's one of my thanksgiving special sides. Its an easy dish and my fam loves them. Might put it in the normal diner sides rotation. But then they wont be special for thanksgiving. Oh the dilema(LOL)

Oh my, look who's back...

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/296346-back-from-a-hiatus/

I think it's bigcountryabs with a different name. Now we get to see a million pics of him in his tie again!

someone must have cut him off...? the link is gone.

He is supposed to be out by the end of january... that is today, right? Truth of the matter is that this has been in the works for AGES and he hasn't packed a single box, consolidated his stuff, he hasn't done ANYTHING toward the plan. It doesn't do me any any harm that he is here except I never move on. I never get to just get it behind me I never get to get used to living alone and figuring **** out all by myself. I am never really truly free to start my new life.

So what he does today instead is volunteers to go get hay for me. I feel so overwhelmed i am starting to shut down. I am supposed to see Steven tonight but don't even feel like it. I am not wound up... just feel like i want to hibernate or something. Steven will understand - God knows he has cancelled on me enough times.

This apathy will pass but it sucks right now.

And I need to find a stupid cocktail dress for a stupid cocktail party - very important work related awards night. I usually love that kind of thing but right now i don't even know what a cocktail dress looks like. Well, they are all black, right?

He must be depressed. I do think its time for him to pack it up...

• does he have a butt load of stuff?
  • Is it something he can do himself or does he need help?
  • Does he own part of the house?
  • Do you have an "extra" room or shed that you can put his stuff in? A little shed can be had for less than $300 on sale....
  • Even paying first and last on a cheep room someplace might be worth your time and money to get him out....
  • Is he paying-supposed to be paying rent? If so, you could evict him legally...
  • and theres always the "pack his Shite up, put the boxes on the lawn and change all the locks" technique...
  • Does he have relatives/friends that you could call to help him get out and move on?
  • If you think he is a danger to himself or others, you could call in a 5150 and try and get him a 72 hour evaluation...

Maybe stages.... like

• NO MORE COOKING PRIVILEGES
  • SIGNS OF PACKING MUST BE EVIDENT EVERY DAY
  • JOB APPLICATIONS IN EVERY DAY
  • good for two weeks or whatever the REAL deadline is, if conditions not met, then the doors get new locks. Put whatever you do in writing. For him, and to show legally you have a paper trail.

It may be time for a RED cocktail dress!.... maybe something you can wear with the new corset?

When I read this thread sometimes, I realise I'm bilingual American / British (not fluent, just conversant ;-) )

Grill = broiler (Americans don't do toast in the broiler though; they use toasters mostly)

Red sauce = ketchup

Brown sauce = nothing exactly like it in US I don't think, AKA HP Sauce, it's a bit like a thick worcestershire sauce or A-1'ish.

Bacon = English Bacon that is yummy and much less fatty than American bacon

American Bacon = streaky bacon

Bacon Buttie = English bacon on white bread (usually with butter), not like anything we have in US

Stone = 14 US lb

LOL. Maybe there's more?

Dee, your new role is translator...love it!!! Took me ages to work out a 'crock' pot... over here we say a 'crock of sh*t', so you can see why I was confused for a while...lol

When I read this thread sometimes, I realise I'm bilingual American / British (not fluent, just conversant ;-) )

Grill = broiler (Americans don't do toast in the broiler though; they use toasters mostly)

Red sauce = ketchup

Brown sauce = nothing exactly like it in US I don't think, AKA HP Sauce, it's a bit like a thick worcestershire sauce or A-1'ish.

Bacon = English Bacon that is yummy and much less fatty than American bacon

American Bacon = streaky bacon

Bacon Buttie = English bacon on white bread (usually with butter), not like anything we have in US

Stone = 14 US lb

LOL. Maybe there's more?

When I read this thread sometimes, I realise I'm bilingual American / British (not fluent, just conversant ;-) ) Grill = broiler (Americans don't do toast in the broiler though; they use toasters mostly) Red sauce = ketchup Brown sauce = nothing exactly like it in US I don't think, AKA HP Sauce, it's a bit like a thick worcestershire sauce or A-1'ish. Bacon = English Bacon that is yummy and much less fatty than American bacon American Bacon = streaky bacon Bacon Buttie = English bacon on white bread (usually with butter), not like anything we have in US Stone = 14 US lb LOL. Maybe there's more?

Thank you for that concise info!!!! NOW, I have a true understanding. Lol

I use ketchup on bacon or sausage butties but brown sauce is reserved for shepherd or cottage pie! Hubbie on other hand has brown sauce with most things. It drives me mad sometimes as I say try it first before adding anything.

I use ketchup on bacon or sausage butties but brown sauce is reserved for shepherd or cottage pie! Hubbie on other hand has brown sauce with most things. It drives me mad sometimes as I say try it first before adding anything.

Oh, that's MY husband! We have HOT SAUCE, Tabasco. Never tastes the food just pours the hot sauce on!! :)

Does brown sauce come in a bottle or is it something you mix up on your own? If it's in the bottle can you post a pic of it? I'm curious to know what it is.

We say crock of shit too.... ha. Not to be confused with a crock pot.

So, I do have a question. The difference tween USA and UK in the use of Me and My is well known. Watching Shameless I notice a difference in the use of the words "were" and "was". Like "I were passed out drunk" might be something a character on shameless would say...haha. Or "You was pissed". Years ago I listened to an NPR show on dialects and found out that the appalachian accents in the USA are based on Scotish settlers and they tend to use was and were opposite of what we think of as correct. So, is this just a local dialect thing in the UK too?

I grew up on the west coast so have what most Americans consider a neutral accent. This has come in handy as I have done many English to English translations. For example, when I worked in Germany one of my direct reports spoke very poor English and spoke no other languages than German. We had to work with peers in Italy, France etc - English being the common language. The Italian colleague always threw in lots of extra syllabals so to a non native English speaker he was really hard to understand. We had many a meeting where they would each speak (in turn) and I would repeat it so the other party could understand. Reckon the UN has any openings for English to English translators? HA!

I gotta get my ass moving today. i have to run errands and I am supposed to meet my friend Mary. I might bail on her, I a don't know. I don't feel like even leaving my house, but sometimes you just have to do things even when you don't have the "ummpph" to.

Sarah, you buy it in the supermarket just like ketchup ( same isle ) brand names includeI HP, Daddies and Branston - supermarkets also do their own brand.

I'm trying to capture images on my ipad but it does not seem to be working. Google, select images and put in brown sauce and you will see a good variety.

Dee, your new role is translator...love it!!! Took me ages to work out a 'crock' pot... over here we say a 'crock of sh*t', so you can see why I was confused for a while...lol

I know! I've learned not to say pants in mixed company. ;-)

Does brown sauce come in a bottle or is it something you mix up on your own? If it's in the bottle can you post a pic of it? I'm curious to know what it is.

It's HP Sauce, and it comes in bottles. I don't think anyone makes their own. But they put it on lots of things. See also: marmite lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Sauce

I grew up on the west coast so have what most Americans consider a neutral accent. This has come in handy as I have done many English to English translations. For example, when I worked in Germany one of my direct reports spoke very poor English and spoke no other languages than German. We had to work with peers in Italy, France etc - English being the common language. The Italian colleague always threw in lots of extra syllabals so to a non native English speaker he was really hard to understand. We had many a meeting where they would each speak (in turn) and I would repeat it so the other party could understand. Reckon the UN has any openings for English to English translators? HA!

Heehee, my life too! But I love it. When I say reckon to Americans, they wonder if I'm from the South lol. But no, never used that word till the last decade and it ain't from the US. :-D

Translation goes the other way too - a friend of our working in the US asked his secretary for a rubber! Here that means an eraser. I think there was blushes on both sides - eventually.

Marmite well that is more an Australian thing but it has caught on over here. You either love it or hate it, I'm in the latter court.

Edit: sorry that is vegemite froM Oz but similar to marmite -disgusting might be a word I would use.

Edited by UK Cathy