Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, that is actually his name too, Stephan. pronounced Stefan, but in the USA that is sorta a gay sounding name according to him.... so he goes by either Steve, Stevie or Steven. He has worked alot in the construction industry - doing sales not doing construction so this whole sissy sounding name was a big deal I guess. To me Stefan (ie pronouncing the "F") is a normal sounding name but I work for a European company so there are Stefans everywhere...LOL

Steve doesn't like the 'f' sounding pronunciation either... he agree with your fella - sounds gay...lol! I suppose they both have male orientated jobs. I call him Steve or Chocie... just my lil nickname for him.

He is also known as Coops in work.

I love bacon butties... have them as a treat!

why does it say there is a guest reading this thread?

Hi All!

I can't even imagine buying glasses online. I have the progressive and they have to measure where to put the transition from bifocals to distance. I've gotten them before where they screwed that up , and they had to remake them. How do they measure like that to do that online? I would love to get sunglasses, but my glasses are about $200

This thread does move really fast, and that's why I haven't invited Queen of Crops. Plus my mind has definitely been somewhere else. I still plan to message Legal and Butter and see if they wants to stay in, since they have never posted.

It's been really hard on Bill to break up with the woman he was seeing. They really have not been dating all that long, and he tells me they have had some really miserable nasty fights. He was so worried about hurting her though. I hated to see him in pain. I finally got through to him when i told him that he was not only hurting her, he was hurting all 3 of us. He was completely miserable, and I was a complete nervous wreck because I knew I had to be patient and he had to do it his own way.

But it's all over now, and we are together, and he treats me like a princess. I haven't been this happy in years!!

There is a form you fill out with all your measurements from your optometrist (is that who does the measuring?) Anyway, that does the trick. You can then have them tinted if you want, they have many color/darkness choices. Its not much more, maybe 10$ I think... I have experimented on different shapes and types... colors... the pair I am wearing mostly now gets tons of compliments... even from my friend that sells frames at a very upscale eyeware shop... she said they look like $500 frames... I paid around $69 including the bifocals....

I wonder if Butter and Legal even remember we are here! ( I know Butter does, but not sure if he has ever been here himself?)

I'm glad you and Bill are working things out, so glad you are happy...

Sheryl, just dawned on me - my hubby is Steven - only with a 'ph' - Stephen... so I am seeing a 'Steve' tonight too...lol... sometimes with his shift pattern and my work commitments we just manage to see each other once during the week... life can be so fast!

Well, after a week of not eating properly (did get two really good fast days in) and not having much of an appetite I am really hungry today and looking to fill my face with whatever I can! Obviously, I am getting better... headache all but gone which is a relief and not as tired - did have a nanna nap but that is the first nap in the day in 3 days. Just want my energy restored and I'll be happy!

I have "co-habitated" with a Steve and a Steven Ray..... one after the other... not so many name slip ups that way! ;)

Georgia u sound like me doing a lot hard to find time to do one more thing.

OD glad things are going well with Bill. Ahh new love, enjoy!

10 pounds by a certain date? I would feel like a failure if I didn't make it. I have struggled to lose 5 sEems like forever. I do see the logic in putting a time limit. Gives be more of an incentive to push. Hmmm?? Gotta spin that around in the brain. For now just looking at 10 pounds instead of 50 which seems daunting. At 10 I will treat myself to a weekend alone. Family gave me that treat for motherss day last year and I reallly enjoyed that.

Chimera OA. Takes courage to spill your guts about eating and weight. Good for you. Let me know any tips for stopping the blind mindless eating spells we vet int from time to time. My son suggested tying a ribbon aroung the handles on the fridge at night. That way I would think as I was un tying it and not bother. We haven't gone there yet but its a thought

Off to work! Headed for the weekend. Hosting a baby shower for a cousin. I like the shower games.

Good eating ladies!

We are all different... but X pounds by a certain date is a formula for a disaster for me. Too many years dieting... What I do instead is focus on losing those 10#, no time box. But I visualize it.

I do stuff like change passwords to reflect it. I write it on my mirror (did you know that dry erase pens work great on a mirror!), I keep it in front of my face all.day.long. I visualize being there. That is how i work toward goals. Doesn't matter if it takes me a month or six... I WILL get there.

Butter let me know he saw my nekkid post plastics pix a few months back...haha... so at least back then he checked in sometimes.

Wanda, I agree with Jane, the drop dead date just leads to disaster for me too... but having the 10 pound goal is good and doable. I have a 5 pound goal right now, and I have confidence I can do it, but when? Don't know. Just know I'll get there some day!

Hey, I think I might add another ticker to my signature... for those last 5 pounds.....

I couldn't post another weight ticker, so chose a bmi ticker... if I lose 6 more pounds I will be in the "normal" range...even though we all know that bmi measure is BS...and I will NEVER be "normal" :) ... it would be a better place to bounce from for me. I really don't want to change my weight loss ticker though... I want to be at goal even if I am trying to lose 6 more pounds! I feel like I have gotten to goal.....

Edited by feedyoureye

I can remember doing the mini weight challenges back in the day - try to lose x amount by Easter, or Halloween etc. and I never achieved any of them... although I did lose some weight, I never made the deadline and it was a horrible feeling.

So I agree with the ladies - make small step goals and be flexible with the date...

Kim, I get the 'don't wanna change the goal ticker' - I would feel the same way. I am sooo desperate to get a goal ticker of my own...lol... I am now at the bottom of my bounce range, and that pesky pound is haunting me... do I shave my head or cut some fingers off to get to goal? How long will it take to shift a pound. My usual window of a small drop and then a few weeks of the same - repeat - has seemed to of stopped working. I haven't seen a new low for over a month now, I think it was the week before Xmas... so I am getting a little frustrated again. I know it will happen... just want it to happen sooner than later! Perhaps by my fourth year anniversary I will get there...lol!

10 pounds by a certain date? I would feel like a failure if I didn't make it. I have struggled to lose 5 sEems like forever. I do see the logic in putting a time limit. Gives be more of an incentive to push. Hmmm?? Gotta spin that around in the brain. For now just looking at 10 pounds instead of 50 which seems daunting. At 10 I will treat myself to a weekend alone. Family gave me that treat for motherss day last year and I reallly enjoyed that.

Chimera OA. Takes courage to spill your guts about eating and weight. Good for you. Let me know any tips for stopping the blind mindless eating spells we vet int from time to time. My son suggested tying a ribbon aroung the handles on the fridge at night. That way I would think as I was un tying it and not bother. We haven't gone there yet but its a thought

Off to work! Headed for the weekend. Hosting a baby shower for a cousin. I like the shower games.

Good eating ladies!

I agree with using smaller increments....10 lbs is doable and you will be so proud of yourself......I love the idea of a ribbon tied to the refrigerator doors. He's very thoughtful....oh and I have really got to work on my mindless eating habits....lately I find myself having lunch with a friend and I'm back to old habits of shoveling food in my mouth.....this makes me realize that this is a life style change for sure... :P

Denise that is wonderful!

And I am seeing Steven again tonight.  If we could maintain at once a week I will be quite happy for now.  

I have been over eating...stress over my EX.

I over eat when I'm stressed out too....I'm working on finding something else to do instead of eating. Been thinking about going for walks but I don't always have the time frame to do it. :( Hopefully I can get a handle on this one....

Sheryl, just dawned on me - my hubby is Steven - only with a 'ph' - Stephen... so I am seeing a 'Steve' tonight too...lol... sometimes with his shift pattern and my work commitments we just manage to see each other once during the week... life can be so fast!

Well, after a week of not eating properly (did get two really good fast days in) and not having much of an appetite I am really hungry today and looking to fill my face with whatever I can!  Obviously, I am getting better... headache all but gone which is a relief and not as tired - did have a nanna nap but that is the first nap in the day in 3 days. Just want my energy restored and I'll be happy!

Hope your feeling better.....I had a HA this AM and now I need to keep focus on healthy eating with very small carb load.... :( Such work...

We are all different... but X pounds by a certain date is a formula for a disaster for me.  Too many years dieting... What I do instead is focus on losing those 10#, no time box.  But I visualize it.

I like the visualization process. I will have to try it. This is such a chore.

Hi Denise, welcome to How is your 5:2 day? LOL I don't know how we missed your name, but it is an important one for me to know..... :P Glad that you and Bill are on the same page and had a wonderful 3 days. He sounds like a really good man to have.....welcome back and I missed you.... :P

Today I'm trying to decide if I should go up to the mountains with my girl friend without my husband....he saids he doesn't want to go but will go next week....I have clients next week so I can't just pick up and go....:( I was also thinking about just going to Las Vegas with my friend but really don't want to spend the money.....Besides I would be more likely to eat those horrible sugar and fat laden foods that I am trying to avoid to drop about 6 lbs. Humm, this is a dilemma. Oh well, I'll figure it out.... I've lost a few more ozs since yesturday and mostly because I cut the candy and carb foods out of my diet. Monday will be a proper fast day..... Have a wonderful day everyone.

I hope Laura and Cheri return soon. Oh and I hope Florinda checks in really soon too! I miss them all. I love all you guys so hang in there and have a wonderful Friday.... :P

I had a really bad eating day yesterday. I ate crackers, really salty crackers all day. I am up 2 pounds, I know it is just the salt... but... it doesn't feel good. I am falling back on food to cope I think. It is early on, I can get this back under control the first step is my ex and his crackers, bread and BACON need to be gone...LOL

Girl, I know the feeling! I think it's because it's Winter for me. I LOVE crackers! I was completely off them while still in losing mode with 5/2. Now, in somewhat maintenance I'm allowing them but boy, seriously, I could eat them FOREVER and never get overfull or satisfied! Seriously, like CRACK! Ha!

Steve doesn't like the 'f' sounding pronunciation either... he agree with your fella - sounds gay...lol! I suppose they both have male orientated jobs. I call him Steve or Chocie... just my lil nickname for him. He is also known as Coops in work. I love bacon butties... have them as a treat!

What is a bacon "buttie?" I'm guessing a Wales Cracker! Lol.

Dorrie - I think you should do what would give you genuine pleasure. I don't want to miss out on opportunities just to stay at a certain weight. when i feel happy I usually control my food pretty good. Right now, I am just in angst, but this too shall pass.

why does it say there is a guest reading this thread?

Hmm?? I want to know too. Maybe Alex? Alex, are you there? :)

I can remember doing the mini weight challenges back in the day - try to lose x amount by Easter, or Halloween etc. and I never achieved any of them... although I did lose some weight, I never made the deadline and it was a horrible feeling. So I agree with the ladies - make small step goals and be flexible with the date... Kim, I get the 'don't wanna change the goal ticker' - I would feel the same way. I am sooo desperate to get a goal ticker of my own...lol... I am now at the bottom of my bounce range, and that pesky pound is haunting me... do I shave my head or cut some fingers off to get to goal? How long will it take to shift a pound. My usual window of a small drop and then a few weeks of the same - repeat - has seemed to of stopped working. I haven't seen a new low for over a month now, I think it was the week before Xmas... so I am getting a little frustrated again. I know it will happen... just want it to happen sooner than later! Perhaps by my fourth year anniversary I will get there...lol!

Switch up your diet for a few days during feast days like more good fats etc and them go back to norm on fast days. Sometimes works for me. Even if it's more carbs. It's weird but works!!

Steve doesn't like the 'f' sounding pronunciation either... he agree with your fella - sounds gay...lol! I suppose they both have male orientated jobs. I call him Steve or Chocie... just my lil nickname for him. He is also known as Coops in work. I love bacon butties... have them as a treat!

What is a bacon "buttie?" I'm guessing a Wales Cracker! Lol.

Hahaha - a bacon buttie is a bacon sandwiche; fried egg is optional but always good. Red or brown sauce also included... I go for the brown. In the old days I could eat this like they were going out of fashion... now I struggle but enjoy what I can get in and I don't do it often but when I do - yummy!

Yea, mixing things up might work... over the weekend I will give it a go and perhaps add in a good snack or two.