Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats to the Seattle Fans!!

Hurrah Cathy! I know how good it feels to get into "new numbers".

I am so proud of you!

Me in the meantime seem to be bouncing UP!

So, I have put on hold or cancelled my dating website stuff. I felt like it just became a distraction. I felt like I am not meeting the right people because 1. I don't really want a serious relationship/let someone into my life right away and yet 2. I shy away from anyone that seems too casual. ha.

Anyway, I have been seeing my friend Steven again and it has been good but even that... I don't know, it's fun and not time consuming like this stupid internet dating thing but, he is starting a cycle I recognize. This is the cycle where he starts thinking he really likes me and we should do more, be together more, even referred to me as his girlfriend ... and then i know he'll freak out and back away again. It has happened enough times that it is like watching a movie you have seen before and losing my sense of humor about it. I obviously care about him, and he has been such a cheerleader and confidence builder to me AND i would like to do more fun stuff with him as he lives an adventurous life, but I am pretty low drama and do get annoyed by some of this. Low, low expectations in fact - given that i know the reality i don't actually want to do more with him because i know it will just cause drama that i hate. I am starting to suspect he at some level LIKES drama because this cycle is often triggered by us nearly "breaking up". Sometime this year, perhaps sooner than later, i will be done with all of that... just not yet..because i will be honest after years and years of no physical affection I like being with someone that makes me feel great..and tells me I am beautiful and plays a fantasy game of our little world that just feels great - and apparently i have to put up with a little drama to keep that going....haha

Then.... I am not sure, but I think I got out on a date to go flying on a private plane. Okay, my friend mary and I go to happy hour once a week at the same place and have been doing it for probably 18 months. Regulars.ha! Anyway, you get to know a few people and this place is super friendly, attracts an older/mature crowd and is really a fine restaurant with a small bar so very very comfortable. A couple of the bar tenders are also horse people, etc. It is just a mellow place, not a pick up joint by ANY stretch. Well, a fellow named Tony is one of the regulars that we talk to alot - he owns his own construction business, grew up on a farm in Minnesota comes from a big Irish Catholic family (like mine) and his hobby is is airplane. Actually, I know alot about his life as we have been sorta chatting for like a year.

In December, when i was really trying to find a Steven replacement and going on internet dates my friend Mary let it out that I was on my way to a date. Well, Tony asked me about how it went a week later. I think I said something like "fine" (it was the night of being rather forcefully groped in a very uncomfortable way - and actually took the wind out of my sails so to speak). Well, Saturday night he asked me about that date again. I told him that it was not that great and didn't see the person again and in fact really don't like meeting people on the internet. He told me he had tried it too and didn't like it either. Then he asked me if I wanted to go out in his plane sometime. He has had his pilots license and owned his own plane for over 25 years and flies a couple of times a week so I judge it to be safe enough.

So, no specific date/time - so not sure it was being asked on a date but i told him I would love to. Mary asked me what I thought about him - we both think he drinks an awful lot (she goes out more than i do and sees him at other local haunts too), and he has a more petite build than I am attracted too.... BUT, he is nice and I feel safe with him, he lives in a good location for me to see someone, has a good career/business and heck, he has an airplane. Why not go out with him a time or two and see? Anyway, don't see anything happening soon because i am off to Orlando here shortly.... but i am most curious if it is was a request for a real date or rather just one of those "we should get together sometime" blah blahs.

If nothing else, made me feel good to be asked.

Yey Cathy - get your ticker changed my love! Oh and what a shopping trip that would be... I would just lurve for you all to come to Cardiff... that would simply be amazeballs... if I win the lotto... in the mean time, Cathy and I will just have to suss it out ready for you lot!

Back to work today, and it was hard work... had a pounding headache by 3rd lesson but I just worked through it... the kids seemed happy to have me back so that was a bonus.

Fast day for me today, so far so good... luckily my appetite hasn't come back yet, so I haven't been looking for food... let's hope it stays this way!

C'mon goal, I am waiting for you!

I never think about the ticker I view on the ipad mainly and they are not visible there. As I cannot see your ticker how far to your goal coops? We had best start saving our pennies for our shopping!!

Right, after bouncing around I have stabilised at 170 so I am claiming that as my new low!! Only 1lb to 'overweight' and the 160s.

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the Seattle Fans!!

Yes, (sniff sniff) Congrats! LOL

Yey Cathy - get your ticker changed my love! Oh and what a shopping trip that would be... I would just lurve for you all to come to Cardiff... that would simply be amazeballs... if I win the lotto... in the mean time, Cathy and I will just have to suss it out ready for you lot! Back to work today, and it was hard work... had a pounding headache by 3rd lesson but I just worked through it... the kids seemed happy to have me back so that was a bonus. Fast day for me today, so far so good... luckily my appetite hasn't come back yet, so I haven't been looking for food... let's hope it stays this way! C'mon goal, I am waiting for you!

Glad you are SOME better. Hope the "head" gets better quickly! Yep, goal is close!!!

Oh Cathy, I am but a pound away from my surgeon's goal and just over a stone from my personal goal... the scale just isn't moving for me at the moment...grrr!!

But we'll get there, I am sure of it!

Cathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so exciting! Congratulations!

Sue, 1 pound???!!!! You are almost there! I don't remember what a stone is, I need to look that up.

Florinda, I hope you are ok. Haven't heard from you. Let us know how you are.

Seems like people are dropping like flies around here.

Sheryl, I think it's a date. Mind you, I haven't dated in over 20 years so things might be different but it sounds like a date to me.

Fasting today and double workout day.

Happy Monday, Ladies!

Sarah, a stone is 14lb... I've been a pound from surgeon's goal for over 6 weeks....arghhhhh! SO frustrating! Perhaps I just need a big poo!

I agree, it seems like people aren't hanging about talking abt 5:2 and etc as much as before. :-( Hope that means they are good and busy with life.

Congrats Cathy, that's great! Coops, you will be my role model for tenacity and never giving up for eating and everything else! I need to get a bit settled and then stuck back in to good practices - my eating is half clean as a whistle, half appalling, and I've got to cut back on the wine. Don't need the empty calories and DO need a better way to cope with excessive stress and anxiety. I keep thinking when things are back to normal, then X Y and Z...but things are often not normal anymore...

PS: my sleeved friend in London and I could use an excuse to come to wales. :-)

I want to go to Wales too!

Yea I miss our "possee" here too but I realize that this online stuff can be a real time sucker. One of the reason I quit the dating sites was the time waste factor.

I have been in a farm maintenance, house dejunking whirlwind last few days. I want a fresh start... I even want new furniture, not sure I will do that but I just want everything to feel fresh and different.

I am doing better than I feared since being alone. I am busy busy.

I am very unhappy with my weight bounce..hit 154 this morning....post superbowl excesses I guess. Just can't seem to make my weight top priority right now. It is quite the reminder how delicate the maintenance balance is though...

Sheryl, I have to say something. I hope you don't get upset with me. Girl, you are skinny! At the weight you are right now you are skinny. I see the pictures of you, all of you, and I see skinny!