Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FLuffy in the right places. Love that!

OD yes I fforgot about the ear plugs. I haven't had to use them for so long. The kind that worked best for me were the ones that squeezed between your fingers stuck in the ear and they expanded to fit your ear like soft pillows. They coome in decible levels had to get the highest levels. MuFfled the snoring helped me get to sleep. Use those until he gets his cpap checked and fixed. Actually if its so loud it may not be doing the best job for him. The air out of the side may mean his mask is ill fitting and not helping is apnea

Coops hugs to your son. Sounds like he's dealing with it in a healthy way. Teenagers hardly talk to parents but has he talked it out with u?

Sar how goes the WL challenge?

Yes where is M2? Hope everyone has a good weekend as we all face this carb world! I didn't make it through the week with 5 days of clean eating. It is really freaking hard. I have ZERO will power. But damit I have determination!! And thankfully a new day to try again! Throwing in an extra fasting day today. I have seen the scale move down so I know its possible. Sortta bouncing around now

Haven't been to cuvrves due to horrible snow and ice issues here in cincy. Had to work from home several days not good for controlling the eating

Stay stong ladies!! Wanda.....

Hi all -- just checking in to say, I kept getting sicker and sicker and fevers and all that -- turns out I have acute bronchitis and dr put me on bed rest for five days (so far, let's see what happens when I go back next week). At least that explains all the fatigue and malaise I was feeling...finally came to a head.

coops, so sorry to hear about your son's mentor. Tragic. My friend's daughter suicided last year and she's just barely hanging in there. My other friend's brother suicided on xmas a couple years ago and she just falls apart in the holidays. I'm just so sorry.

(How is the name Hywel pronounced?)

Florinda- fluffy in all the right places cracked me up...

The best part was the complete unison in which they chorused it, "nono, you're fluffy in all the RIGHT places!" awesome. Cathy - on average I eat about 45g carbs, some days it's below thirty some days 60 but I'd say the average is 45g. I get my carbs from steamed veggies, green drink, almond meal and milk, olive oil, the incidental carbs in my Protein Powder. I work out 4x a week lifting weights for about an hour and 2x a week doing high intensity cardio.

Ah Florinda I always love you keeping it real. We love each other actually. We've talked about it..but we are both incapable of really being in love in a healthy way. For me I think it is temporary defect for him....I think it's is permanent situation. I did finally hear from him so that's good.

25 degrees...brrrr..I was gonna dump horse manure at the composting place but it's all frozen to the dump trailer...dang it!

Wanda you do have willpower - raised a family, have a career, still married haha...willpower! Eating clean is a habit change and a physical addiction withdrawal. Keep at it!!! It isnt easy but the cravings etc reduce so much!

The best part was the complete unison in which they chorused it, "nono, you're fluffy in all the RIGHT places!" awesome. Cathy - on average I eat about 45g carbs, some days it's below thirty some days 60 but I'd say the average is 45g. I get my carbs from steamed veggies, green drink, almond meal and milk, olive oil, the incidental carbs in my Protein powder. I work out 4x a week lifting weights for about an hour and 2x a week doing high intensity cardio.

Love LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Sheryl - Do you think you aren't in love with Stephen?

And without missing a beat, in unison, two of the guys said, "you are fluffy in ALL THE RIGHT PLACES!!!!"  And we all laughed hard.  Love those guys.

I was thinking the same thing, mostly because that sounds like the kind of guy I would fall for! (and pay for it later...)

Gotta love the comment from the guys! I would have been totally blushing! That is a great "moment" and a lovely reality check about what the guys are thinking too!

scales are down today and they make me 'overweight' but I need to see it another day on the scales to claim it.

I am doing a happy dance for you, but not singing at the same time yet... waiting for it to "stick" before I break out in song!

OK, Im doing a play by play analysis of my holiday weight gain/loss...

Looks like I actually gain before holidays rather than on them! (lead up parties I guessing!)

the chart shows 5 pounds between the lines...

post-110343-0-97569000-1391788438_thumb.jpg

Sarah, fair play to you for baking - and not eating..lol! I can't bake for love or money - you should meet my daughter, you two could bake for Wales...

Oh Sheryl, when I read your posts about being single and your encounters I really do get mixed reactions - I don't mean that to sound rude! Part of me thinks 'Oh sh*t'! I couldn;t cope with that... being single scares me; probably cos I am happily married and can't see myself with anyone else (physically or emotionally) but then I get envious cos I will never (hopefully!) have that 'first'kiss, that 'first date' or first anything!

Haha..you don't know the worst of it. When you have been partnered a long time a certain division of duties happens. Last night I successfully tested my smoke detector by starting a fire in the fireplace without opening the flue. Oops. My house smells like I have been camping.

Remember my long hair about which I am so vain..Haha...clogs drains and I need to learn how to open the "trap" whatever that means. Power stopped working to my horse area and I don't know why. Had to run a cord for the Water tank heaters since it is freezing cold out there.

Yesterday instead of going to the gym I hauled and stacked firewood. Uphill. Who needs the gym? Haha

You know what I like about all this? Who has time for angst?? I got crap to DO. I was raised on a farm and my parent owned a business. I was raised working HARD and it suits me. Who needs to date when there are chores to be done?? It is strange but I am energized to tackle stuff. This happened when my ex left for 2 weeks last spring too. Like, I just focus more and tackle it when it is just me.

I still kinda hope the airplane ride works out..tonight is happy hour night so I will likely see Tony the pilot. He is kinda shy so I am not sure what to expect. I kinda like that too....like I am tuning into my own soap operas.... will he ask her to go flying? He takes his plane up to the San Juan islands (gorgeous) in 15 minutes so a fast little plane. We could go up there for lunch...My treat. :)

I am in a very happy mood. Some awesome stuff at work .. and day 2 under 150 so not a fluke. :)

Edited by CowgirlJane

Florinda, do you count your carbs as I would be interested to know how many you have. I know you have quite an extensive work out routine so I imagine it might be higher than most. Also I know there are 'good' and 'bad' carbs so what are your good carbs. My problem is that I like all the bad ones. Went back to work yesterday after a couple of duvet days, by 6 pm I was wishing I had stayed home another day. I did a semi- fast day yesterday, started out as a fast day but I felt a bit weak when I got home so opted for a meal instead of my usual fast food. scales are down today and they make me 'overweight' but I need to see it another day on the scales to claim it. Rain, rain and more rain forecast for the weekend, just off to see my mum for the weekend - I don't like driving in the rain but needs must.

Whoo hoo!! Overweight!!!!!! I'm sorry if by duvet day you mean you weren't feeling well!!!

Florinda I love the chorus from the men of "fluffy in all the right places." Puts a new perspective on things. :P

The dating scene scares me too. It sounds like a lot of hard work. It's hard enough keeping my marriage on the right track.

I need to focus on cleaning up my eating. I failed at my fast day bc I wanted to weigh myself first so I could see the difference. There's always an excuse. Well I have been at my highest bounce of 150 lbs for a couple of weeks so I guess 150 lbs is my new weight. So now today I am determined to fast and get under 150 lbs and work back to my 145 lbs. I did notice my pants felt a bit tighter.... Such denial at time will get me in a heap of trouble..... :P

Wanda I love your will power and determination and you are such an inspiration to me.

Georgia I like having a secret group that we can open up in. :P

Very interesting analysis of weight. I think part of it is that the scale does not always immediately reflect choices and sometime it does. I was up more than 5 pounds and my clothes fit the same...weird. I have lost those pounds and can't see where they came from.

I posted on the ladies room about accessories for my formal cocktail party. I think I need to put the dress ON and go jewelry shopping...LOL. Man, I would stand out in casual Seattle that is for sure.

Anyway, if you have any recent experience on what is hip at cocktail parties, please do advise. I also have some black shoes i could wear... I was gonna return them but think I will pull them out and see how they look.

what I didn't mention is that i was invited to a big deal executive reception next week. Only like 10 of use non executives (peons? ha) are invited. This means i have suddenly been noticed. I had a horrible year at work in my opinion due to my emotional issues and distractions and surgery... and in general my life being turned upside down... but I had a couple of very high visibility things go really right. I challenged the status quo on a couple of things that wowed some director level people since I was able to improve some things that had always seemed "immovable" so got a little buzz started and they talked to their bosses. I got lucky considering what a screw up I have generally been. :(

anyway, I don't really know WHAT I want career wise but I want to take advantage of my 15 minutes of fame. I am not trying to look amazing but appropriate, noticable... you know, someone you could visualize promoting BUT remember this is also a fun/social event so being too businessy isn't right either. Let's be real, my acceptable looks (as opposed to when I was obese) is part of why I am being noticed I am quite sure. That's life in the big city and I am over it. Ah, don't you sometimes just wish there was a uniform though?

Sheryl, was there a dress code specified for the party? Is it cocktail attire? Normally even for schmoozy work drinks, I just tart up the business look a bit. What clues do you have about the dress code normally for this crowd? (I can help advise you on this for sure, I have to dress for business for a European company all the time ;-), I just need more clues...

I posted in the powder room. You are going to have a blast! Congrats on the invite and all the success.

I posted in the powder room. You are going to have a blast! Congrats on the invite and all the success.

Where IS the powder room?