Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

I am awaiting my date of surgery but the scheduler assumed it would be around the 15th. What all did you guys stock your pantry with' date=' and what supplies did you purchase to have on hand. I bought a new scale, food scale, and Isopure zero carb Protein powder. Along with some chicken, vegetable, and beef stock. What else should I do? Thanks and I'm SO ready to get this surgery scheduled and begin losing weight. I've turned into a hermit![/quote']

Oh ....your post just reminded me that I need a food scale!!! I am scheduled for 17th and have already stocked up on Protein and Vitamins.

Bags are packed, now to do my shower and wash with the magic soap, then off to bed got to be up at 4:00am and arrive at hospital at 6:15am ( hospital is an hour away) Good luck everyone!

7/17 here. Have not even thought about getting ready. Nervous but stressed. I don't have to do a preop diet other than one day of liquids and mag citrate which I have no clue how that will taste or go down!

Hi tml--I'm doing the magnesium citrate as I we speak (or, umm, type). I bought mine at Walmart for the grand total of $0.97--it was the lemon flavor, and it's a clear liquid. You can find it in their antacid/laxative section. After chilling it in the fridge for a couple of hours, I drank it according to the directions on the bottle; with an 8-ounce glass of Water.

It took about 2 hours to kick in, but just like almost everything about WLS, your results may vary.

STAY NEAR THE BATHROOM, DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE. DO NOT PASS "GO". DO NOT COLLECT $200.

Seriously, commandeer the closest commode and tell everyone else in your house to make other arrangements. When it kicks in, it's not a force to be trifled with.

Drink Water after you finish the initial dose, and keep drinking water until it goes into effect. It works by pulling water into your bowels, so you need to keep drinking in order to stay hydrated. My surgery is tomorrow, and the last thing I want is to go in with dehydration issues--makes getting an IV much more difficult, and getting fluids in post-op is challenging enough without starting at a deficit!

I'm about 2.5 hours into the process, and although it's been no day at the beach, I'm not uncomfortable or in pain. Not sure how much longer to expect it to last, but I'm in for the duration.

Good luck!

I know the feeling well, I am 5 days PO. I will not lie to you, the first day sucks. Hang in there... It gets better really fast. Day 5 and I walked 20 minutes and went to Target for a while . Get used to traveling with a drink. You will never again be empty handed!

July 2nd here. I'm soooo ready. I think I've got everything I need. Just have to get kids packed and situated. Good luck to everyone! Let this new journey begin!

Bags are packed, now to do my shower and wash with the magic soap, then off to bed got to be up at 4:00am and arrive at hospital at 6:15am ( hospital is an hour away) Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too--sleep well!

I'm set for July 9th!!! Have some Protein Shots, B12, multi, Biotin (to prevent Hair loss I've read about), D3, bouillon, sugar free ice pops, Jello, and some shakes. Still need to pick up a new scale and flavorless Protein Powder. Figure I won't be eating that much the first week. Good luck to those having surgery this week!!!!

July 31st. I was given a 2 week minimum pre-op liquid diet but I am going to start July 5th cuz the doc said 3-4 weeks would be best. I go back and forth between excited and scared. I need buddies still so friend me! Inalready bought some liquids like V8 but need to find a good Protein powder and liquid Vitamin. I found Centrum but need to go to vitamin world.

My date is not til the 30th' date=' so I still have some time to get ready. I'm working on it though. I alternate between being excited and sure this is the right thing to do and thinking, "I'm doing so well with my healthy eating and exercise...maybe I should give it one more try to do it without surgery?" Then I remind myself that I'm about to turn 35 and I've been morbidly obese for over 8 years and obese for an additional 2.5 years prior. The last time I was in the normal BMI range was over 17 years ago! Also I have struggled with my weight since 4th grade! If I could reach and maintain a healthy weight on my own, I would have done it by now, right??? So then I go back to being sure and excited.

I bought myself some sublingual B12 at the grocery store on a BOGO sale. Still have to get the other supplements. I've tried 3 different ready-to-drink Protein drinks, but I still need to get some powder and blend up my own. I really need to start practicing not drinking while eating. I think that will be hard.[/quote']

I can so relate to the alternating excitement and questioning if I can just do it on my own. I think that is the hardest part. Sometimes I look in the mirror at a good angle when the lighting is just right and tell myself that I'm not THAT big and maybe this isn't the best choice. Then I think of all the things I could do with the thousands of dollars that I will be spending on this cash surgery, but I truly feel in my heart that it is the right thing to do. I have this family photo in my mind and I am much smaller and much happier in the photo. I'm not worried about my cholesterol, blood pressure or if the camera is angled just right so as not to show wht my Spanx can't hide. I am ready for this. I am tired of struggling. My picture will be a reality. July 24th can't be here fast enough. I just ordered my callogen powder, liquid B12, vita gummies, aspirator, and divorce 365 book. It's long overdue.

July2 here. I can't wait but am nervous. I cannot sleep tonight and have so much to do tomorrow!!!!!

July2 here. I can't wait but am nervous. I cannot sleep tonight and have so much to do tomorrow!!!!!

Wow! I can only imagine howw you must feel? Are you traveling for the procedure or in your home town? How are you preparing?

July 31st. I was given a 2 week minimum pre-op liquid diet but I am going to start July 5th cuz the doc said 3-4 weeks would be best. I go back and forth between excited and scared. I need buddies still so friend me! Inalready bought some liquids like V8 but need to find a good Protein powder and liquid Vitamin. I found Centrum but need to go to Vitamin world.

I can soooo relate! I am using the adkins shakes because they are the only ones that actually taste good to me. Only 15 grams Protein each so feel free to add almond milk or some protein powder. I ordered Gummy Vitamins, callogen powder, liquid b-12 and wonder if I need anything else for post op?

I'm July 8th! I'm still trying to figure out what exactly to pack.

Mines is the 11th ... :) I figure we will need some comfy pj to walk in & some loose fitting close to go home in that's what I got , and ur toiletries , I'm packing my phone charger and my headphones .. That's really all I'm taking