Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

Magic soap?

Some docs had their patients clean with a antimicrobial soap, like hibicleanz or CHG

Ahhhh I'm going in tomorrow! So nervous. Not really for myself, but my kids. They are only 1 and 3.5 and I have to leave before they wake up. Is the longest I've ever been away from them :(. It makes me cry just thinking about them missing me or wondering where I am. It's even worse because my 1 year old is sick and just wants to snuggle :(. But I'm trying to remember that I'm doing this so they can have a healthier mommy!

Anyway.. I'm not prepared yet! Going shopping to stock up on food today, and making some casseroles for hubby and the kids so they won't starve while I'm gone (my husband can't cook for anything!). I also haven't packed my bags yet. I'm quite the procrastinator!

Tomorrow--arrival time 10:00 a.m.! Bag packed (weighs enough to have supplies for a small army)' date=' all home supplies/supplements/protein/foods purchased and stocked.

Now, if this dang magnesium citrate would get things..."moving along". Sigh.

Editing to add:

I am SO READY for this. I want this more than I want all the sweet, gooey Desserts and greasy, fried crapfood I could eat in the next 20 years without surgery!

EYE OF THE TIGER, BABY! EYE OF THE TIGER! [/quote']

Hope all went well!!!! Can't wait to hear!

My insurance carrier told me today that they sent out the letter to my surgeons office yesterday. My doctors office lied to me when they told me that they checked today and still didn't know about my acceptance. But the doctors office needs to know that Blue Cross keeps tract of every phone call concerning any members records. I just hope that my doctors offices nasty lying process doen't screw up my surgery date.

Good news I got called from my doctors office yesterday. I am approved and they have scheduled me for the 24th of July for surgery, my pre op nut class will be next Monday! My wishes have finally came true and than you all for the support.

July 30th is my date- so excited! Yaaay us!!

Tomorrow--arrival time 10:00 a.m.! Bag packed (weighs enough to have supplies for a small army)' date=' all home supplies/supplements/protein/foods purchased and stocked.

Now, if this dang magnesium citrate would get things..."moving along". Sigh.

Editing to add:

I am SO READY for this. I want this more than I want all the sweet, gooey Desserts and greasy, fried crapfood I could eat in the next 20 years without surgery!

EYE OF THE TIGER, BABY! EYE OF THE TIGER! [/quote']

Prayers are going out to you!!!!!

All done- I am officially sleeved! The recovery room was a little bit tougher than I thought- I woke up moaning with pain around 5 out of 10. I had hoped they'd already have my pain managed, but they got pain and nausea meds on board very quickly and I started feeling better. I was wheeled into my room and my husband and mom were there to greet me. I was pretty loopy for a while but after a few hours started responding to my family's jokes, and conversation. I was able to get up and go to the bathroom- yay, no catheter! I also started walking the halls in my hobbit feet slippers to get the gas out. I did 4 laps of the hospital floor the first time, then 8 later in the evening, followed by another 8 laps. I was told 17 laps makes a mile, so I've already walked a mile in total! I've been drinking Protein Shakes and tolerating them just fine, burping as I go. Dr.McMahon my surgeon came by and said my surgery went textbook, that my anatomy was perfect for the sleeve and my staple line looked great! Things are looking good for me being released at around 2pm today. Yay! I came up with a sleeve name with the help of my mom and sister last night- my sleeve is now dubbed Scarlett O'Sleevie! I hope everyone has a smooth recovery!

For the record phoenix 79 wanted to do 8 laps at 3am. :). I do not know if I was sleep walking or what. Today we are going to go for 12 laps.

My insurance carrier told me today that they sent out the letter to my surgeons office yesterday. My doctors office lied to me when they told me that they checked today and still didn't know about my acceptance. But the doctors office needs to know that Blue Cross keeps tract of every phone call concerning any members records. I just hope that my doctors offices nasty lying process doen't screw up my surgery date.

\

Great news, Got a call from the scheduler today, they recieved the approval letter from Blue Cross and my surgery is going to be the 24th of July. I have to go to my pro op nurition class and my last meeting with my doctor before surgery. I am so excited and I can't wait to get this show on the road and start improving my life.

My surgery date is July 18! I am having a hard time believing it is finally coming. I'm also getting a little nervous!

I am Tuesday, the 9th! I'm excited, yet a nervous wreck!!!!!!

Hope all went well!!!! Can't wait to hear!

Prayers are going out to you!!!!!

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers--it really meant a lot to me to know that I had the support of so many people!

I'm home and trying to recover; apart from some incision soreness--which has taught me to SLOW DOWN and not make any sudden moves--and a low-grade fever, I'm doing very well! My main complaint is that I wish I could swallow a sip of liquid or a teeny cube of Jell-O without my sleeve doing somersaults. It hurts so much at times, that I need to do my Lamaze breathing from 13 years ago. :blink:

As soon as that resolves itself, I'll be ready to conquer the world!

Got my insurance approval and surgery date today. July 23rd, here we come!

My surgery date is July 5th, but I don't know what time because the scheduler never called me back today! I am stressed because tomorrow is a holiday so I'm not sure how I will get the info. Clear Liquids of Fourth of July!