Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

I have had few issues with liquids and tolerance. I have had no fatigue. I have not needed ine single nap! The only thing that hurts going down is the acid-reducer. I deal with discomfort for five to ten then I am off and running again. My legs are hurting from walking and using them more the get up and down as I am 4 days post op and still painful in the incision area. Doing well though and have been out of the house mostly! Feeling good!

Patty---so happy to hear you are doing well. The fatigue hit me about one week out...so wierd. Keep us updated!

It's been a few weeks since I've been on here. Just wondering how the rest of the July 22nd sleevers are doing? For me personally, I can't complain. I was completely up and at it less than a week after surgery, recovery went amazingly well. I've had little problem getting in fluids and pureed foods. The first few days home was difficult, but now I'm getting at least 48 oz of fluids in with no problem at all and pureed I'm doing pretty well with. Certain things I've tried like Cream of Crab Soup and bananas did not sit well but most things have been fine. I'm down over 30 lbs already which is amazing to me! I'm still not at my Protein goal (80 grams a day) but I'm getting there. I'm averaging probably a bit more than half of that. I wanted to recommend Healthwise products. They have been a life saver as I don't like thick shakes.. These are fruit flavored beverage mixes and taste great! So much better than that nasty Isopure stuff and half the price. I also tried their hot chocolate variety pack and all the flavors are awesome, especially the Amaretto chocolate. You can make great smoothies out of these. They also make a Tomato bouillon soup that tastes more like clam chowder broth. It's really yummy. I also just wanted to throw a little bit of advice.. I'd stay away from "Slider foods" such as easily digestible foods like crackers.. These are way too easy to eat.. They are empty calories, full of carbs and WILL stall your weight loss. I was nibbling on these for about 2 or 3 days because they broke up the monotony, tasted great and digested far too easily.. Well, my weight loss came to a completely hault so I stopped and the weight loss resumed about a day after. So just beware! Now I know why my surgeon was adamant about me staying away from these things. Live and learn. :) Hope everyone is doing well!! And sorry to the people have a difficult time. I'm sure it will get better.

I'm so confused by too many July 2013 threads!!

I'm 5'4 tall.

highest weight 228

at surgery 222

sleeved on July 22nd ad hit wonderland this morning at 199.4 four weeks after survey. I did hit a stall at week 3 and didn't loose a lb for about 4 days it was also during my cycle and my weight is always off during that time. I was wearing a 16 in all clothing probably getting closer to an 18 and today I am wearing my 14's comfortably. Still having Protein Shakes every morning with yogurt cheese and Jello throughout the day and slowly introducing soft food :) I'm excited for what's to come :) best of luck to everyone.

Devotion, you are doing awesome!! I can't wait to be under 200. I was sleeved July 23.

5'4"

Highest wt. 235.5

Surgery wt 223.5

Current wt 206

I'm thrilled so far. So excited for the future!

My date is not til the 30th' date=' so I still have some time to get ready. I'm working on it though. I alternate between being excited and sure this is the right thing to do and thinking, "I'm doing so well with my healthy eating and exercise...maybe I should give it one more try to do it without surgery?" Then I remind myself that I'm about to turn 35 and I've been morbidly obese for over 8 years and obese for an additional 2.5 years prior. The last time I was in the normal BMI range was over 17 years ago! Also I have struggled with my weight since 4th grade! If I could reach and maintain a healthy weight on my own, I would have done it by now, right??? So then I go back to being sure and excited.

I bought myself some sublingual B12 at the grocery store on a BOGO sale. Still have to get the other supplements. I've tried 3 different ready-to-drink Protein Drinks, but I still need to get some powder and blend up my own. I really need to start practicing not drinking while eating. I think that will be hard.[/quote']

Wishing you great success!! Hang in there :)