Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

Hi Patti K' date=' I'm in Cincinnati. My surgery will be with Dr Brad Watkins at West Chester medical Center. Good luck to you. How many days is your pre-op diet? Mine is 14 days. Nervous, but excited.[/quote']

My surgeon said 2 weeks minimum, 3 weeks better, 4 weeks best. I started a 2 day trial before the fourth but I ate on the fourth. Started right up again on the 5th. Actually, it has been surprisingly easy. I have sat and watche my niece eat at the mall while I had a smoothie and watched my bf and his nephew eat at McD's and I had liquids only. The smells are more intense and I am dreaming that I am pigging out, no utensils, shoving food in my face at buffets. But the beauty there is I wake up and I lost 3 pounds! Lol. Dream eating contains no calories. If u wanna friend me on here that is cool or I am perkinspatti on fb. It's nice to have people close to go through this with. I don't know anyone personaly, only heard about friends of friends and stuff...

My pre-op diet starts this week so I ordered a variety pack of NSA Carnation from Amazon will arrive on Tuesday. When grocery shopping for the family today, I picked up some sugar free Jello and started getting nervous and feeling like I am going to throw up just b/c it's getting so close!!

I'm scheduled for July 16. I have my pre-surgery appointment on July 11 with my surgeon. I'm a little worried that he may postphone the surgery because I haven't lost any weight the preceding three months. I started at 248 and they said I had to lose 12.5 pds, which I did not do. My surgeron only requires a four day clear liquid diet prior to surgery, so i should drop a couple of pds. then. Please all July sleevers keep your fingers crossed that my surgeon goes through with my July 16 date......

Hey, Allsun! a couple of weeks ago I weighed in high after a weekend of traveling and restaurant food and was told I may have to back track in the program. They gave me one week to weigh in again and I was totally terrified to eat anything other than Protein or produce. It worked, b/c I weighed in a lot lower the next week. Thinkof it as your last diet without the sleeve for help! It would be worth it to keep your date.

My insurance coordinator is sending my packet in tomorrow, and she thinks she can get me on the surgery schedule for the last week of July! Fingers and toes crossed!!!

2 days to go; starting to get nervous. Ha ve been doing the pre-op diet for two weeks and actually thought of eating off the plan. So this is my first experience of many to come when I am stressed and unable to reach for food to cope. Thanks for being here; I feel better after reading some posts...oh and stayed on plan!

July 16th for me and I'm anxious. Most of Protein stuff purchased. I'm not looking forward to hernia surgery. Good luck to all July sleevers.

I'm July 9th.. I've been on the liver reduction these last 10 days & have lost 10 pounds! I'm so excited for the new journey (: Good luck to everyone!

Sending encouragement and good wishes to all of the sleevers setting out on their new sleeved life tomorrow! Good luck, July 8th'ers!

Getting my surgery July 11 no pre op diet thanks god. Just nervous:/ :/

Keep us posted! I'm 3 weeks behind you and so excited for you!

July 31st. I was given a 2 week minimum pre-op liquid diet but I am going to start July 5th cuz the doc said 3-4 weeks would be best. I go back and forth between excited and scared. I need buddies still so friend me! Inalready bought some liquids like V8 but need to find a good Protein Powder and liquid Vitamin. I found Centrum but need to go to vitamin world.

Hi Patti!!! This is my first post!!! I just wanted to tell you I am July 31 also!! Good Luck!!

Anybody scheduled for the 26th?? I think I am the only one. :)

Just received one call to verify my meds n go over everything. She said so far I'm the first one tomorrow, but not official until doc calls me. If it doesn't change I will need to report for 5am. I am so ready for this.