Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

I bet you're in post-op recovery now--thinking of you and sending wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks so much Vixynne! I just came home today. Doing great other than the head hunger. More difficult than I realized.

Thanks so much Vixynne! I just came home today. Doing great other than the head hunger. More difficult than I realized.

Me too! Head hunger sucks!!!

July 31st. I was given a 2 week minimum pre-op liquid diet but I am going to start July 5th cuz the doc said 3-4 weeks would be best. I go back and forth between excited and scared. I need buddies still so friend me! Inalready bought some liquids like V8 but need to find a good Protein Powder and liquid Vitamin. I found Centrum but need to go to vitamin world.

I get my sleeve on July 30th and like you at times I am excited and at other times I'm pretty worried. I guess that's just part of it though. I haven't packed or bought anything yet.

July 31st. I was given a 2 week minimum pre-op liquid diet but I am going to start July 5th cuz the doc said 3-4 weeks would be best. I go back and forth between excited and scared. I need buddies still so friend me! Inalready bought some liquids like V8 but need to find a good Protein powder and liquid Vitamin. I found Centrum but need to go to vitamin world.

Tomorrow is my day! At 2:00 p.m. I will officially become sleeved for life!

I've enjoyed a very restful day with my hubby and daughter. I was even able to make them a good lunch and didn't mind smelling or seeing the food all that much.

My only problem yesterday and today has been dealing with acid re-flux/heartburn that has been my companion for years and years. This is mostly caused by my hietal hernia that's getting fixed too! Since I was trying to stick to my clear liquid diet, I only mixed some baking soda in Water to try to alleviate the burning a couple of times.

My bag is packed (gown, undies, toothbrush, hairbrush, slippers, notebook, kindle, charger, gas X, cpap). My husband will be with me the whole time, my parents, and my two daughters will be there to support me. I'm so ready. I hope I can sleep tonight. Speaking of that, guess I'll go to bed.

Best wishes and fast recovery to my fellow July sleevers, to July 12th sleevers, to all of us sleevers!

I'm so ready to be on the post-op side!

Tammy

Good luck and God bless to everyone who is finishing out this week, as well as those already sleeved this month. Keep us posted on how it goes. I'm July 23 and I can't wait.

Tomorrow is my day! At 2:00 p.m. I will officially become sleeved for life!

I've enjoyed a very restful day with my hubby and daughter. I was even able to make them a good lunch and didn't mind smelling or seeing the food all that much.

My only problem yesterday and today has been dealing with acid re-flux/heartburn that has been my companion for years and years. This is mostly caused by my hietal hernia that's getting fixed too! Since I was trying to stick to my clear liquid diet' date=' I only mixed some baking soda in Water to try to alleviate the burning a couple of times.

My bag is packed (gown, undies, toothbrush, hairbrush, slippers, notebook, kindle, charger, gas X, cpap). My husband will be with me the whole time, my parents, and my two daughters will be there to support me. I'm so ready. I hope I can sleep tonight. Speaking of that, guess I'll go to bed.

Best wishes and fast recovery to my fellow July sleevers, to July 12th sleevers, to all of us sleevers!

I'm so ready to be on the post-op side!

Tammy[/quote']

Good luck!!!

I'm excited...mine is the 17th. Went to GNC today and got my liquid Multi-Vitamin and Isopure...will finish the rest of my shopping the weekend. Start my Clear Liquids Monday! Ready to do this!!! ☺

I'm excited...mine is the 17th. Went to GNC today and got my liquid Multi-Vitamin and Isopure...will finish the rest of my shopping the weekend. Start my clear liquids Monday! Ready to do this!!! ☺

How much we're the liquid motion Vitamins?

I had my preop nutritionist meet and meeting with my doctor before my 24 July surgery. I am stoked and ready to go. I started my 10 prep early just to make sure that my liver is nice and skinny to make my doc happy and I went to support group last night. I have the suport of many people and I am grateful for that. My wife is getting me all the food goodies that I will need for the immediate future. I ordered my Vitamins and my calcium citrate will be here on Monday. Just waiting for the 24th.

How much we're the liquid motion Vitamins?

I paid 9.99 because it was on clearance due to the expiration date being in September..but it was a 30 day supply.

I paid 9.99 because it was on clearance due to the expiration date being in September..but it was a 30 day supply.

Don't you just love a sweet deal? Lol

I was sleeved on 7/10 at Anne Arundel Medical Center by Dr. Alex Gandsas, who I would highly recommend to everyone. Size 40 bougie. Discharged on 7/12. I am still on clear liquids until 7/18 when I see the doc for one week post-op. No complications; textbook procedure. I have 7 lap incisions that seem to be healing fine. Not gonna lie - the first day was pretty challenging, but I got through it. My one problem has been excess stomach acid and heartburn. I never had a reflux problem before. Hoping this is temporary. Doc rxed protonix and calfate for this problem, and it is definitely improving.

Never used the rx percocet - it usually makes me sick to my stomach, which now I fear. Plus the pain is very tolerable. I used children's advil a few times, but that's it.

3 days out, I walked 40 minutes and went to a party for 6 hours. Was able to take in 72 oz clear liquids. All good.

Using Nutrimetrix for Multivitamin and Calcium, which is highly absorbable powder form you mix in Water. Kinda tasteslike tang. Not too sweet, but needs to be diluted more than the directions IMHO.

Best part - in some ways, I already feel better than I did preop. Just with the 10-15# lostfrom preop diet. I already am experiencing a significant amount of relief in joint pain! I was able to stand and mingle at the party yesterday without pain. No shifting of weight or anything. Usually, my feet and hips would almost immediately be causing me pain.

Very happy with my decision so far!

I was sleeved on 7/10 at Anne Arundel Medical Center by Dr. Alex Gandsas' date=' who I would highly recommend to everyone. Size 40 bougie. Discharged on 7/12. I am still on clear liquids until 7/18 when I see the doc for one week post-op. No complications; textbook procedure. I have 7 lap incisions that seem to be healing fine. Not gonna lie - the first day was pretty challenging, but I got through it. My one problem has been excess stomach acid and heartburn. I never had a reflux problem before. Hoping this is temporary. Doc rxed protonix and calfate for this problem, and it is definitely improving.

Never used the rx percocet - it usually makes me sick to my stomach, which now I fear. Plus the pain is very tolerable. I used children's advil a few times, but that's it.

3 days out, I walked 40 minutes and went to a party for 6 hours. Was able to take in 72 oz clear liquids. All good.

Using Nutrimetrix for multivitamin and Calcium, which is highly absorbable powder form you mix in Water. Kinda tasteslike tang. Not too sweet, but needs to be diluted more than the directions IMHO.

Best part - in some ways, I already feel better than I did preop. Just with the 10-15# lostfrom preop diet. I already am experiencing a significant amount of relief in joint pain! I was able to stand and mingle at the party yesterday without pain. No shifting of weight or anything. Usually, my feet and hips would almost immediately be causing me pain.

Very happy with my decision so far![/quote']

Thanks for sharing. You are helping me more than you know. 11 days til the big day!

I came home last night to find my approval letter from Anthem!!! :D :D :D I left my insurance coordinator a message (at midnight lol!) letting her know, so she can call me in the morning to get scheduled!