Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July sleevers! Are we ready!

At the hospital now getting ready for surgery in about an hour. Please keep me in your prayers! Will Keep you posted!

I bet you're in post-op recovery now--thinking of you and sending wishes for a speedy recovery!

I'm july 22nd also' date=' surgery buddies! ![/quote']

Mine is also the 22nd, the day is creeping slowly up!

Okay! I'm a July sleever!!! The dr's office called its Wednesday 10th' date=' yes in 2 days!!![/quote']

Wow, now that is quick scheduling!

My insurance coordinator called me as she was submitting everything...she is optimistic that we will have the green light by the end of the week. NOW I'm nervous!

Count me in! 7/10 7 AM!

At the hospital now getting ready for surgery in about an hour. Please keep me in your prayers! Will Keep you posted!

Hope all went well today. Sending tons of sleeve love your way!

Karen

Okay! I'm a July sleever!!! The dr's office called its Wednesday 10th' date=' yes in 2 days!!![/quote']

Sweet!

Four days away!!!

I'm almost there... my surgery is July 12th... so close. I've been on my pre-op diet since June 28th and it has kicked my butt! It's been so hard. In the last two weeks there have been seven meals "eating out" where I have either taken my own Soup, or had a Protein Shake while my family ate normally. Also, I have a teenage daughter in the house to cook for as added challenge. She normally fixes her own food, thankfully, but I get to see and smell the yummy things she's eating. Arrrhgg. I've been so hungry. And I don't feel like I have lost any weight at all. I sure hope my liver has shrunk though.

My pre-op diet consists of drinking two Protein Shakes a day, then having a bowl of soup for one meal. I drink Water as much as I can, a zero calorie Vitamin water now and then, and lots of ice to chew on. Wednesday and Thursday will be Clear Liquids.

I also go in Wednesday for my pre-op lab work then Friday will be the beginning of the rest of my life. I feel like I'm getting a do-over in a way. I know it will take lots of hard work and commitment and dedication to continuing to get healthy.

When I first began to contemplate this surgery, it was tempting to feel that all of the "right" and "healthy" changes I have made in the past 23 years in how I eat, my nutritional choices, the research I've done, the myriad of diets and every way I have tried my hardest to lose weight was all a waste of time, money, energy and life. But it wasn't a waste...

I've begun to realize that with the sleeve as my new tool, maybe all of that learning, all the right choices, the way I learned to plan and stick to a menu, the things I learned about whole, fresh meats and vegetables, about all foods (good and bad), the tastes I've developed for real nutrition will finally come together to enable me to have success in getting healthy. The sleeve could be the missing piece to the puzzle.

I have struggled, as I've read so many others here have struggled. While everyone around me, even my husband and children would say I'm very happy, optimistic and have a pretty great life.... Inside myself, in my journal for years and on occasion to my mother or my husband I have voiced my struggle. I have hated myself, pitied myself, begged for help, given up over and over, started over, tried something new, admitted failure, pulled myself up from depression, joined groups, contemplated unhealthy ways of losing weight out of desperation, and mostly, just tried to be happy and content with my weight, stop worrying, just focused on eating right, exercise as often as I could and hope that it would eventually get me back to where I was supposed to be.

It's a new day. Because of this surgery, I feel more hope for my health than I have in my entire life. There's really no way to put it into words that describe the grateful and hopeful feelings I have. I'm on a mission for me. I'm ready to do this.

Blessings and best wishes to everyone. It's so good to have this forum to share with others that understand and empathize and identify so well.

Tammy

Met with surgeon, did labs, psych appt, dietician all yesterday. Started shakes to shrink liver today. I am scheduled for 2 weeks from today. ;-)

My husband and I are feeling very confident after meeting the surgeon and his staff.