Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Hello all!! my surgery date is 02/20/07 and Ive started the clear liquid diet today, and my tummy is already growling, can anyone relate?

Hi Dooneyjc,

I can definately relate with you, I'm on day 8 of 10 and just today my tummy feels so empty, but I have lost 7 LBS. So I guess that's worth it.

My date is Feb. 13th I'm getting quit excited, nervous.....etc. I can't wait till it's over. Good luck to you!

Minnesotalady:eek:

Hi,

I new at this forum, though I have been looking at it for months now. My mom is DiscoDiva on here and we are being banded together on February 14th, 2007. Good luck to everyone being banded in February! :clap2:

Good Luck Tuesday!!

LizRbit

Humponelove

RisaAnn

LouiseR

MinnesotaLady

luv2blab

Are day is getting very close :clap2:

I am hoping and praying all of are Surgery's and Recovery's go smoothly!!

Stay in touch and keep us updated when you feel up to it.

Terry

I am scheduled to be banded on 2/20 by Dr Carter in Fort Worth.

:whoo:

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I was approved by my insurance in January, after a three week waiting to hear from them. I am lucky apparently, my insurance is covering the surgery 100%. I am putting together a surgery survival kit for the day of the surgery and the week after.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. :crutch:

:phanvan Can someone help me, I went to "tickerfactory". Everything went fine till I got to the cut and paste, I do not know how to do this. Help! I'm the only one here in this house who can use a computer. And I'm alittle sad in that department.:help:

To cut and paste you can highligt the code then go to file, select copy, then you've got to paste in the edit signature section of your profile, by going to file then paste, you can edit profile through your email. goodluck!

Hi Dooneyjc,

I can definately relate with you, I'm on day 8 of 10 and just today my tummy feels so empty, but I have lost 7 LBS. So I guess that's worth it.

My date is Feb. 13th I'm getting quit excited, nervous.....etc. I can't wait till it's over. Good luck to you!

Minnesotalady:eek:

CONGRADULATIONS on losing 7lbs that is very inspiring to hear!!! This will be day 2 of 10 for me, keep us posted on how everything went. Good luck to you too!!:clap2:

Hi,

I new at this forum, though I have been looking at it for months now. My mom is DiscoDiva on here and we are being banded together on February 14th, 2007. Good luck to everyone being banded in February! :clap2:

How exciting is that to have your mom go through what your going through, bet you gals make great support buddies for eachother!! Good luck to the both of you!

I am scheduled to be banded on 2/20 by Dr Carter in Fort Worth.

:whoo:

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I was approved by my insurance in January, after a three week waiting to hear from them. I am lucky apparently, my insurance is covering the surgery 100%. I am putting together a surgery survival kit for the day of the surgery and the week after.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. :crutch:

Hello, my surgery date is 02/20/2007 also, so how is the good old clear liquid diet going for you?

Congrats and hoping for an easy experience for everyone joining bandland today! Even though I haven't posted often I do read and lurk throughout the day and have found the information here very encouraging and educational! Thanks to each of you for sharing your experiences through this journey! I begin my pre-op diet today consisting of 3 slim fast optima shakes and any Clear Liquids daily and I am not looking forward to it at all! I've tried the slim fast drinks and find that they taste like chalky chocolate sludge to me! I have tried other Protein Shakes that I like much better but my surgeon prefers the slim fast ultima so I am giving them my best shot. Have a great day, Y'all!

Well, I am back, and actually at work today. Surgery went great on Friday. Mexico was fine. My nerves did get the best of me, I started crying at the admissions desk, but the anestheologist gave me something to relax and then it was all good!!! The Gas was the worst part, and then the diarrhea. The x-ray contrast made me have the worst diarrhea I've had in forever. Gas X really doesn't help because the gas isn't in your intestines. My advice is walking, walking, and more walking and then a heating pad. I was up and moving within about 30 minutes of getting into my room, and then on Saturday, I walked the mall.

I just weighed and I am down 5 pounds since the surgery date. Yeah!! I think I can actually do this, and I am happy I went through with it. (I was considering backing out).

Zannie and anyone else who is having bad nerves; feel free to PM me. As you can see in my previous posts, I was beside myself about being put under.

All is good for now, thank you for your positive thoughts.

I can't believe you are back at work already. I was banded on 2/8 and, while I'm feeling much better, I can't imagine going back to work yet. I am still having pain when I move around. I hope you have a very supportive employer!

Congrats on the 5 pounds. That's awesome!

Well I'm due to enter Bandland tomorrow and all of a sudden it seems real. I haven't had to do a pre-op diet so dinner tonight was my last supper!!lol!! I suppose it should have been something more exciting than fish fingers (fish sticks to everyone in the US) but I love them.

From tomorrow I have four weeks of a liquid diet. Guess I'm on my way!

Hi Feb Crew, Good luck to all getting banded this week. Is it just me or are other people having more pain in their port incision? I have to cover mine at night in order to be able to lay down on my side to sleep.:confused: Susannah