Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Guest Krysia

TG,

*snicker*

BabyGrl,

Since it's heated, it probably will smell cooked. My mother-in-law has one that she added dried sage too... Smells yummy. Me, I'd add some dried sweet basil. I love the smell of basil...

I dont want to be tempted to eat it. Tahts how I got this way in the first place.

Actually this thing feels so good on my neck right now.

um i just caughed and i thought i ripped out my stiches! can that happen? this friggin bubble is really irritating it goes away and comes back! pther than that i can lift basically anything and i dont actually have any pain in my stomach or anything its my arm! how weird! and that darn bubble!

:mad:

Do you really think you ripped out your stitches? If so, you should call your dr!!

Try Krysia's suggestion and make a heat pack out of rice if you have some. And sit in a rocking chair and rock for awhile, that may help ... The pain in your arm is probably transferred pain...

Guest Krysia

Okay...

I've melted about 3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese with about an ounce of shredded cheddar in my handy-dandy teacup, stirred it up (after it blew up in my microwave - oops), added a teensy dash of salt, stirred it up some more...

And now I'm trying it. *crosses fingers*

So far, so good... But I'm thinking this'll last another day. It's filling. Might as well have done 1-2 tablespoons...

ETA: How alien... 3 T too filling? Amazing.

I had some of the new Campbell's Soup At Hand Velvety Potato....YUMMM!!! I added a little real butter to it (hey, it's potato soup, it's the law!) and it was fab!

Guest Krysia

Wow...

I put it back in my fridge for another day with about 1+ tablespoons left in it. I was ---freaky moment--- full on just several bites.

Wowwww...

*a profound moment for Krysia*

Guest Krysia

To be honest, I think I ate the last 1-2 bites more out of habit; I had to mentally verbally tell myself, Hello? You know you're full. Yes, it tastes good, but you are full. Put the spoon down and take the cup to the kitchen.

Fortunately, I listened to both my stomach and my mental voice this time... Obviously, I haven't always, thus the lap-band.

That's one of my lap-band resolutions: To listen to myself when I'm full instead of rushing for "the taste". I know that'll be the hard part.

I’ll be banded on the 15<SUP>th</SUP> by Dr. Terracina of Newport News, VA.

I don’t know why I didn’t think to look for others with February surgery dates before this, but I’m glad to find y’all now…

Frankly, I’m freaking out about the surgery itself (or rather risks of the actual operation / recovery). Anybody else who’s never had general anesthesia & fretting as the date draws near? I'm not having second thoughts about Lap-Band, but this is a major case of butterflies about going under the knife! :nervous

Zannie I was so scared when I went in for my procedure. As I was lying in preop I was getting so sick to my stomach and wanting to change my mind. I ended up having to take a nap to pass time before I freaked out too much. They took me into the OR and said to relax, transfereed me onto the bed and that was the last thing I remembered. The next thing I knew I woke up in PACU. I guess the first thing I said when I came to was "wow I am f*cking alive" so obviously that was on my mind. Try not to worry too much, you will do just fine.

Okay...

I've melted about 3 tablespoons of ricotta cheese with about an ounce of shredded cheddar in my handy-dandy teacup, stirred it up (after it blew up in my microwave - oops), added a teensy dash of salt, stirred it up some more...

And now I'm trying it. *crosses fingers*

So far, so good... But I'm thinking this'll last another day. It's filling. Might as well have done 1-2 tablespoons...

ETA: How alien... 3 T too filling? Amazing.

I love to put a teaspoon of bakers unsweetened chocolate in my ricotta, add a tiny bit of splenda and a dash of vanilla if you want. YUMMY!

Zannie, My date is the 28th and I am terrified also. I have never been "put under" and have only been in the hospital 2 times (birth of kids) They were both uncomplicated and I only stayed in the hospital 2 days the first time and 1 day the second. I have to keep myself busy so I dont think too much about it. Good luck on your day!!!

Kathy

Zannie,

I have been having the same feelings. I have even been under two other times for gall bladder and wisdom teeth...and did just fine. I think this is probably pretty normal, but it is hard to overcome these feelings. I went for my pre-anesthesia appointment on Friday and they really put my mind at ease. I too, am having surgery on the 15th of Feb. Good luck and keep us posted.

Monica