Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Guest Krysia

Gas issues...

Something recommended to me by a friend who's mother had had gas issues after a lap-removal of her gallbladder:

OxBile

Apparently, it's available in healthfood stores, and works instantaneously.

I haven't tried it myself yet, but thought I'd post it here for interested parties.

Hey Tracy,

Congratulations on your band date, finally:faint: Even though it's a date I think you still need a hug:girl_hug: you have been so good to us February Bandsters. Thanks

Terri

Thanks TERRY! Back at you!

Hi: my surgery date is 02/20. I'm excited and looking forward to embarking on this journey. I joined the community today and need to learn how to post a message. Can anyone help? I tend to be puter challenged:phanvan

Welcome FLPeach.. I just added you to the list...

(I will TRY to keep this updated for all you lucky ducks and GREAT GROUP of very inspiring people!)

I appreciate everyones comments and moral support... You lucky ducks will be all through with your healing time by the time my surgery rolls around and I hope that all of you will be well on your way to baggy pants by then.. while I'm walking around with GasX strips melting on my tongue LOL... if any one wants to start editing the main list.. FEEL FREE to DO SO, I don't want to leave ANYONE out...

All you have to do is go copy my original message on page 1 and then paste into a new message.... THEN you can update that actual message daily.. (that is the cool thing about this board.. they let us update prior messages):)

Tracy,

Im having the opposite happen. I got the call this morning, they are moving me up to Feb 13 (next tuesday). This screws up my plans for after care and now i might be flying solo again.

Im glad to be having the surgery though. THE liquid diet SUCKS. i feel really weak. I know im not and that its just my blood sugar levels but holy cow.

Dr said it has to be CLEAR liquid too. i am to drink four Atkins or slimfast high protien shakes a day, and if im having a hard time at night i can do TWO CUPS of vegetables!! i havent tried that yet but i think thats going to be a saving feature.

Sus, congrats on losing 2kg, great job!!

Ok, now I can't decide if I am hungry or if I have gas???

My stomach hurts up under my breast bone, thats not where it hurt before.... I cant figure it out. I am pretty sure I am not eating enough at this point.

What is everyone else eating and how much?

My food so far today. Atkins shake sipped on for two hours, 1/3 c of broccoli Soup with 1/8 c melted cheddar in it, then these chocolate pb "fudge" made with Protein Powder that has 11gms protien per square, I had two of those.

Any thoughts, anyone else having more food, less food, unable to eat??

Melissa that fudge sounds good if I were actually hungry!!!! I had a few spoonfuls of cottage cheese, some watered down cream of wheat with unflavored protien powder in it, and some yogurt. I am still really gassy when I move too fast and whathot I can feel gas pains running thoruhg my body. I am not really wanting to eat but i am eating to make sure I get some sort of nutrition.

Hey Tracy, April seems a long way off, but you know it is highly likely that a cancellation will occur. I second the motion that we need you in the Feb group. Those March bandsters trying to steal you away, I think not!!!!::) :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

Put the thought out there to the universe that you really need a cancellation. Visualize it. Stranger things have happened. Good on ya mate!:D

Susannah

Hey guys I'm with you. I was banded on the 5th. And I haven't eaten anything solid yet. I've had one 20oz bottle of Isopure and about 6 oz of Water. I know that I need more than that, I just cant get it in.

I have that "just swallowed 20 balloons" feeling constantly!!! And in the evenings when I lie down I feel the fully feeling all the way to my throat.

HOW MANY fluids do you guys take in?

Also I know this may be rude..........and I hope it doesnt offend anyone.........but are you all going #2? I'm having a difficult time with that.:guess

Guest Krysia

Well, considering that my diet has been primarily liquid... You can probably guess about my #2s. LOL...

I haven't been able to get much for Fluid in. Been eating 3.25 oz cups of sugar-free Jello, broth, that kind of thing when I can, but haven't mastered the sipping Water all day long thing yet.

I am having some ginger tea with about 1/2 teaspoon of sugar right now --- I've discovered that anything with Splenda in it makes me burp in a bad way, to the point of nausea; I'm going to stick to natural sugars from now on, but watch my intake. Apparently (I read in that "Splenda is Evil" thread) real sugar has 14 calories in a teaspoon, so only 7 in a 1/2 teaspoon; Splenda et al have 4-5 calories a serving. I'll take the 3 extra calories over the burping any day...

Tonight I had some cream of chicken soup; my family had a stewed chicken with cheesy-mashed potatos and the "au juice" from the chicken. I'll probably go for a popsicle later. That cream of chicken Soup really cut back the burping for me. That was kind of surprising.

But I do worry that I'm "eating/drinking" too quickly. I'm sure that's contributing to the "20 balloons" feeling too.

Hey guys I'm with you. I was banded on the 5th. And I haven't eaten anything solid yet. I've had one 20oz bottle of Isopure and about 6 oz of Water. I know that I need more than that, I just cant get it in.

I have that "just swallowed 20 balloons" feeling constantly!!! And in the evenings when I lie down I feel the fully feeling all the way to my throat.

HOW MANY fluids do you guys take in?

Also I know this may be rude..........and I hope it doesnt offend anyone.........but are you all going #2? I'm having a difficult time with that.:guess

Im trying to watch my liquids and get enough. I read a post somewhere on here that a woman got dehydrated and had to go back in the hospital, I am trying to make sure I get at least 40oz of liquid in a day, water, Protein Shake whatever.

As for the #2 question, yeah, I think we all suffer from that. Three days later I was able to, but then nothing since. I know that your organs sort of go to sleep after anethesia and the bowel is the last one to wake back up.

Oh, TMI.....:faint:

Guest Band4EJ

Originally Posted by TracyinKS

I'm editing this original message to show the complete list as of 02/09, any newbies who want to be added either pm me or post a new message to the end of the thread.

Here's the updated list!

Fabulous,funkadelic, freaky, funloving February bandsters!!:biggrin1: per Susannah

b_Russell 02/01

:thumbs_up:CadillacDave - 02/01

:thumbs_up:TresChic -02/01

:thumbs_up:tilde30 02/02

:thumbs_up:Dori – 02/02

:thumbs_up:Schindog18(Greg) - 02/02

:thumbs_up:Susannah - 02/02

:thumbs_up:Cindibear1 – 02/02<O:p</O:p

:thumbs_up:Wanna be thin – 02/02 (tip: don't wear a nice shirt)

:thumbs_up:BoomerSoonerz & Wife - 02/02

:thumbs_up:TravelGirl - 02/05

:thumbs_up:Staceyrtl - 02/05<O:p</O:p

:thumbs_up:Ready_to_Lose - 02/05

:thumbs_up:Twinskd - 02/05

:rose:Mom2miracleprin - 02/06

:thumbs_up:Babygrl1234 - 02/06

:thumbs_up:Mel07 - 02/06

:clap2: KatyClaire (Eva) - 02/06

:thumbs_up:DmMedina - 02/07

:thumbs_up:MarshallMG - 02/07

:thumbs_up:Marissa424 - 02/07 (our thread youngun at 21!)

:thumbs_up:LapBandNC - 02/07

:thumbs_up:Lapband4menow - 02/08

:thumbs_up:Riley - 02/08

:cake:NurseCEO - 02/09

Terriho - 02/12

PurplePetal - 02/12

BioMama - 02/12

Debi717 - 02/12

Kedasmom – 02/12

Kelsy: 02/12

Humponelove - 02/13

RisaAnn - 02/13

Oldgeisser(Terry) -02/13

LouiseR - 02/13

MinnesotaLady - 02/13

HeatherPA - 2/9 or 2/12

becca77 - 02/14 :kiss2:

DiscoDiva and Daughter - 02/14 :kiss2:

NatalieC - 02/14:kiss2:

M1Hocker - 02/15

LB304 - 02/15

CP-Mike - 02/15

Mom2Sassy - 02/15

Ambrosia(Sharon) - 02/15

dtrmt07 -02/19

Angela - 02/19

Ouachita - 02/19

Pam~02'07Bander - 02/20

Lexus02 - 02/20

Skyeblue79 - 02/20

StaceyLynn - 02/20

KindredSpirit - 02/21

Jean (Freeksky) - 2/21

Silry - 02/21

Alt - 02/22

Mary - 02/23

Wilma – 02/23

Gretchen - 02/23

Dakota1984 - 02/26

IN_Denial - 02/26

Magii - 02/27

Chris - 02/27

LizRbit - 02/27

JennilynnW - 02/27

Jbtullis - 02/27

Kathyy68 - 02/28

SunnySea - 02/28

Tea Time - Pending

IrishMae - hoping to squeak in by late Feb

Megret - Pending Early Feb or Heading South

CP-Mike - Pending

Pam0207Bander - Pending

BlondeLocks (pending in March)

TracyinKS - ( APROVED 01/30! :rose: ) Bumped to April 26, 2007

<O:p</O:p

Well, let's see.... As far as getting in enough fluids....I was told to try to get 42-64 oz in EVERY day. I think I've had maybe half that every day. I came close yesterday, but today, not even 30... I'm still sipping away, though.

And as far as bathroom habits....liquid in=liquid out. Very annoying. They did tell me, however, to try some senecot (?) if I was having trouble going. Call your dr's office and ask them what they recommend to get you "going" again. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to give you some recommendations!

Oh, yeah, and the feeling of swallowing 20 balloons, well, let's just say I'm glad to have someone describe it that way, because I feel just like that almost all the time. Hope that doesn't last too much longer!