Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

Susannah I am also having port incision pain. And it did not help when I practically bent myself sideways to reach something on the bottom rack at the grocery store. I had almost forgotten I had surgery until the pain of that one hit me.

I had to fix my ticker since I had the wrong starting weight down. When I went to my Dr. today my nurse gave me the actual wieght. And I lost a few more pounds so 18 total for me!

Hello?? Anyone heard anything from any of our newest bandsters today? Just wondering how everyone's doing!!

Hope your surgeries all went well, and you're recovering comfortably!!

i was supposed to go in tomorrow at six thirty am. I have to leave here at four am inorder to get there by then. Its in north houston and im in galveston. Ive got arrangements with a cab to pick me up and wait for me. It will cost me around 200 bucks to go. I was on cloud nine, ive prepared, got all my supplies and im ready!

THEN

I get a call at five thirty from the surgery center. When they submitted my stuff, they got the surgery approved, the surgeon approved, but they left the surgery center blank. She said they tried to call my insurance all day, but no luck getting ahold of anyone. THey are talking abou tmoving me BACK to the 27th.

can i just take a second and sit with you for a minute here. I have NO ONE here with me, ive got no one to talk to, and Im frustrated beyond belief. I havent eaten food in a week. I have rearranged deadlines and jobs and money to do this with superhuman ability. Im doing the "feeling sorry for myself dance" and Im just frustrated. I was told to "go ahead and come because they MIGHT be able to get it, just an hour or two later, and if they cant, then the 27th it is!"

people...

im using what money i have left this month to pay the cab to get there and wait for me. i have nothin left.

Im scared as hell. I wrote the surgeon and asked him to advise. I have a feeling he is going to tell me to move it to the 27th.

and im so freaking alone.

and its raining.

and i dont even have my dog.

:::slumps shoulders and walks off into the rain:::

aaaaaargh.

Awwww! I'm so sorry to hear that, Lizrbit! I know you had to reschedule everything once already, and that you were going to have to do this all on your own this week. Now for this to happen!

(((hug))) I wish there was something I could do for you. You can hang out here as long as you want.

I am so sorry Lizrbit! I can't imagine the frustration and range of emotions you must be feeling. Hugs from me...and my two dogs, where it is snowing.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are not alone you have all of us here.

Well, I have to be at the hospital at 9:45am tomorrow for surgery. Wish they would have made it earlier. I'm nervous but excited to finally get this done. I surprised myself this past 2 weeks. I didn't cheat....I wanted to...so many times...but once I started seeing the weight come down....I knew I could get thru it. Today was the hardest yet. I could only have Clear Liquids today and I'm starving. Not being able to binge eat thru my anxiety sucks...but that is a bad habit of the past. I now have to find other ways to deal. Well, I'm gonna go lay down and read myself to sleep. Good luck to all those pre and post banders. Take care.

Well wish me luck everyone......... The big day has finally come, I'm really getting nervous, I will keep you posted.

Minnesotalady:eek:

Guest Band4EJ

Lizrbit....

I feel terrible for you. I wish I could send my silly old 12 year-old dog to be with you right now. He's a really good listener.

Hoping for a miracle on your behalf!

Hey Lizrbit, That is terrible!:) Sorry to hear that.

Babygrl, You should get the pimply clerk do your bidding at the supermarket!:biggrin1: Bloody port pain!:girl_hug: Susannah

Hi Every one, I' done:clap2: I am still at the hospital, banded this morning. Ow, ow, ow until I asked the nurse if I was getting pain meds (3:00). Well, no :faint: so bring it on. I had a very large hernia repair (diagnosed last fall with an endo) as well as the band. I think the hernia is what is hurting the most. Drinking and walking and feeling better all the time (especially with the pain meds:) ). I get a barium test tomorrow first thing and then it is home for me. MY husband, who normally travels during the week, really hadn't planned to hang out with me but changed his mind. Completely rearranged his schedule to be with me most of today and to stay with me all of tomorrow, what a guy.:clap2: Take care every one.

Good Journey,

Terri

Happy Tuesday.. I was off the boards yesterday.. ....

Today's bandsters are:

:cake:Humponelove - 02/13

:cake:RisaAnn - 02/13

:cake:Oldgeisser(Terry) -02/13

:cake:LouiseR - 02/13

:cake:MinnesotaLady - 02/13