Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

sorry I've been MIA.. my son got sick again and now I've been struck with it too.......I haven't been on the boards like normal... and this is just a driveby... I did get the letter from my doc yesterday stating what exactly my pre op diet is........... 24 hours of Clear Liquids and nothing after Midnight before surgery...... THAT IS IT

I'll be back to update tomorrow.

I am at the clinic where I had the surgery today. I was scheduled for tomorrow, but they called yesterday and asked if I would mind coming in today. I said no problem.

there is a little pain/discomfort. Feels like a air bubble is caught in your chest and you can't burp it up. No shoulder pain so far. Been walking as much as I can!

:clap2: Got my date today...Feb 28th...will only have to do 24 hrs clear liquids pre-op and the Impact recovery drinks for a week before that...putting on my seat belt-next 2 weeks are going to be a bumpy ride......

Mae

Dr Rantis-Elk Grove Il

DooneyJC, I am also set to be banded on the 20<sup>th</sup> as well. It is almost time…:clap2:

I am noticing that a lot of people have stated that the doctors are finding a hiatus hernia when they start the surgery. Did anyone know they had these? Did anyone have any symptoms? I know that it is just nerves, but my mind is going crazy with every scenario that could happen.

<o:p> </o:p>

I have my final doctors appointment before the surgery tomorrow. I was informed today that my doctor doesn’t like to prescribe a lot of pain medication. I have an ok pain tolerance, but I am worried. How long does the pain last? Should I demand pain killers?<o:p></o:p>

Kelly

Ask for liquid vicodine. I got that, and you really dont need too much but yes, I would tell your doctor that you appreciate his opinion on pain medication but that you dont have a problem taking it too much and would like it for at least a little while after surgery. Also, ask for a liquid anti-nausea medicine, just in case. I wasnt nauseated, but always good to have it on hand. Get the perscriptions tomorrow when you go so that way you have it when you get home.

Hope that helps!

:mad:

Mom! how wonderful!!

congratulations! man we are just banding all over the place! Mine was yesterday and i dont feel too bad. I never got the gas pain in the shoulder. Im VERY grateful for that!

I tried a few bites of Jello tonight, and have discovered its a bit too early for that mess. nothing bad happened just after a little while my belly (thats still a little swollen) got really hard, and didnt feel so great. it passed, but now i get an idea of what its going to be like!

Man im excited for us all.

my cravings are back though. im ignoringthem, and telling my head "you will eat again, yes you can have a piece of pizza in a month or two, you just wont devour the whole thing anymore!"

Im looking forward to my new relationship with food. I cook exceptionally well, and im really looking forward to preparing meals for my new body that are nurturing as well as nurishing!

mom i could totally relate to your gas bubble pressure. Mine felt like id swollowed a football! ive been eating chewable gas ex like crazy and it does help!

It sounds like everyone is doing well. My surgery is 12:45 tomorrow (Thursday) and I bet I don't sleep a wink tonight.

I made it through Valentines Day on a liquid diet and I'm pretty proud of myself. There was candy, Cookies, brownies, you name it, all through the office today but I stayed strong. It's funny but around 3:00 when everyone else was comatose from all the sweets, I was bursting with energy.

Good luck to all the bandsters tomorrow and all throughout February.

Tracy, I hope you feel better soon.

Sharon

Well, I have been on the liquid diet for 3 days now. Sounds like our DR's in Reno have some of the most restrictive liquid diets around! Can have 2 cups of veggies a day with 11 scoops of Bariatrix shakes and LOTS of Water.< /p>

My wife is a real trooper!! Her and my son have taken to eating in our camp trailer when I am around, I am not sure if it is for my benefit or for there fun, but it really helps. I think they like the idea of campin out haha!

Good luck to tomorows Bandsters

Chris

Hi all.....I was just banded on February 10th,2007. i'm doing pretty well...2 more days and i can get off the clear liquid deal! (it's getting old fast). So far i'm really happy I did this!!!

:cake:M1Hocker - 02/15

:cake:LB304 - 02/15

:cake:CP-Mike - 02/15

:cake:Mom2Sassy - 02/15

:cake:Ambrosia(Sharon) - 02/15

Hi all, I officially scheduled my band date for 2/28. I'm excited but it's a little scary too. I look forward to starting my new journey. I love this thread b/c we're all going through this at the same time. My DH is completely supportive of my decision, it just nice to talk to other people who are going through the same things.

Hi all. I am currently sitting in the hospital 7 1/2 hours post op. I made it through the surgery just fine and am doing farely well. No gas pains as of yet, but only time will tell. Port site is terrible pain if I move in a specific way. Just lounging though, is not that big of a deal so far. Have gotten up and walked a couple of times and that was okay. Again, only problem is the port site. I imagine it will be tender for quite sometime. Overall, pretty comfortable. Hope everyone else is doing great!!! Now the fun begins...weightloss!!!!