Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 bandsters!

I have a banding date of 2/19!!!! It is great to join you all! I know that I have a lot of changes coming and a lot to learn! Any advise is always welcome!

Nice to see another person getting banded on 2/19.

Hello everyone, Just got up, slept good, needed pain meds. The pain is in the port area, nothing I can't live with. (was banded on the 12th) I was reading on here last night but didn't post, couldn't stay awake long enough to type anything that made since. I had to stay overnight in the hospital because of sleep apnea. Dang it! I'm having a hard time staying awake now. take care

I was banded yesterday and all went really well. I had surgery at 7:30AM was up walking around by 10:30AM. I was supposed to stay until 5:00PM put they let me go at 3:30PM because I was doing so well. I really had and have had very little gas pains. I had my gallbladder out seven years ago and had more gas pain from that. My only real pain is where the port is at. They tried giving me morfin when I got out of surgery, but apparently It made me very nauses. Over all I had a great experience, we had alot of snow yesterday I was a little afraid they would be closed and call of surgery, but in the afternoon I had the whole surgery center to myself. I go in to see the surgeon at noon today for a follow-up. I have six incinsion they said they normally only do 4-5 but aparently one of the nurses before surgery gave me a shot for blood clots and she was not supposed to so I bleed alot. Also - this is weird but they gave me a picture of my stomache with the band taken during surgery. I am not hungery at all but am forcing myself to drink my liquids and am working on my first shake. Good luck to all the up coming bandsters hopefully you have great experiences too!:clap2:

Guest Krysia

I've basically got my appetite back, which hasn't been as bad (knocks wood) as I'd feared (as yet).

I still get full on 3/4 cup of mushies/liquid, whatever. I found that I'm really liking taking canned chicken breast, adding some garlic powder, paprika, season salt, and pepper, and mayo, whipping it with my beater until smooth. Very filling. 3/4 of that at lunch keeps me full all afternoon.

Still craving Italian cooking, but for the first time in my life, I'm actually able to stay strong with the craving! The only way I bent into it last night was by making homemade spaghetti meat sauce with angel hair Pasta for the family, and adding shredded mozzerella to their plates. Me? I ate a Yoplait.

Bought a scale yesterday for the first time since I can remember. Got a cheap one, and I'm thinking I should have waited until we could afford something better. I already am annoyed with it; it's weighing me in at what I weighed in the hospital just before the surgery. WTF? With what little I've eaten all this time, I haven't lost? Bite me.

I think I'll only weigh myself once a week.

Well, on the plus side, it shows I haven't gained. IMO, that always counts for something.

As for Fluid intake outside of liquid food... like gee, the Water I'm supposed to be sipping... I admit it. I still suck at that. I was never much for drinking Water pre-op, except when I was at work. Now it's even more difficult. It makes me burp and belch like a steam engine. I must be drinking it too fast. I am so not used to not drinking fast!!!

Also, I've noticed a couple of things that taste different to me now: Milk and coffee. Haven't really been able to drink either much since the surgery. Perhaps later down the line.

Laurisa -- congrats & good luck to you! My surgery is Thursday. I noticed that yours was done in Lincoln. My dad's Air Force, and we were stationed at Offutt twice. I met my hubby in Jr.High back in Bellevue, and my in-laws are still there. We live in Williamsburg, VA now, but the Nebraska on your post caught my eye. [14K vs 17.5K self-pay here -- shoulda gone back, eh?] Just wanted to say Hi & wish you well in your recovery... :wave:

i was banded yesterday too!

because of a post i read on here, i had a longer talk with my anestesiologits (spelling?) and told him the last time i was put out i had trouble waking up, and THIS time was the easiest surgery id ever had. i was up on my feet in notime. IT DID FEEL like i swollowed a football, but man imglad i did the preop diet. I dont know if ive posted yet, ive been on liquid lortab since i got back.

Oh...the taxi part...wound up costing me 480 dollars! Blew my mind, But the cabbie had to wait inside the waiting area for several hours and came and got me in the wee hours too without a complaint and really was a lot of help.

im just chillin here on the couch wiht a lot of pillows propped up and some netflix movies while i hang out. Seems like ive peed bucketfulls. anyway. They got me right in. I think i had an excellent surgeon. He actually teaches other doctors how to do the surgery and hes licensed through the manufacturers of the band. He said i have a medium sized band placed.

well, pain meds kickin in, im going offto sleep.

Just wanted to pop in and say "IM A BANDSTER!" woo!

Helo to all. I am 1 day post op. I feel some pressure (not bad) and some soreness around a few of the incisions. Being very cautious about drinking to much Fluid. Dr. says 64oz.daily. I drink about 2oz. and feel bloated. I guess just take it slowly. :nervous

OH yes.....HAPPY VALINTINES DAY TO ALL:)

I'm going to start a list (like the January Bunch has):clap2:

Greg - 2/2/07 So far the FIRST February Bandster!

Susannah - 2/8/07 CONGRATS!

HeatherPA -Pending

Chris - Pending

TracyKS - (psyc & nutrition 1/17 & 1/22)

Hey Tracy dont forget me, my date is feb 20th. thanks bunches!!

Well, I am back, and actually at work today. Surgery went great on Friday. Mexico was fine. My nerves did get the best of me, I started crying at the admissions desk, but the anestheologist gave me something to relax and then it was all good!!! The Gas was the worst part, and then the diarrhea. The x-ray contrast made me have the worst diarrhea I've had in forever. Gas X really doesn't help because the gas isn't in your intestines. My advice is walking, walking, and more walking and then a heating pad. I was up and moving within about 30 minutes of getting into my room, and then on Saturday, I walked the mall.

I just weighed and I am down 5 pounds since the surgery date. Yeah!! I think I can actually do this, and I am happy I went through with it. (I was considering backing out).

Zannie and anyone else who is having bad nerves; feel free to PM me. As you can see in my previous posts, I was beside myself about being put under.

All is good for now, thank you for your positive thoughts.

Are you a floor nurse?

Guest Band4EJ

Krysia,

Love reading your posts! I'm having the same problem with Water. It really hurts going down and immediate, painful burping. Hideous. Soup actually seems to go down better than Water. How can that be????? Thinking of trying hot tea today.

I also bought a scale for the first time in at least 8 years. I always guessed my weight based on pants size AND avoided doctor appointments so I wouldn't have to get weighed. I bought an expensive, clear glass, digital scale 2 days after surgery and it gave a weight higher than my surgery date. I was pissed at first but tried getting on the thing over and over AND it gave a different weight every time...everywhere between 180 and 280! I took it back and got the basic weightwatchers digital scale at Walmart and it seems to work fine.

Guest Band4EJ

LIZRBIT

Thrilled for you!:mad:

holy moly!!:faint: My surgery date is February 27th!!!!!!!!!! That's less than two weeks! Now All I have to do is survive the pre op. liquid Breakfast, liquid lunch and small Protein supper. (I may switch the supper with the lunch for the sanity of my co=workers...:mad: )

I WAS going to be self pay but BCBSTN came through and I'm approved. It will be 250 co pay.

:) :clap2:

My date is tomorrow and am so ready. My dr. just wanted a clear liquid diet 24 hours prior, but I did it for 3 days just to prove to myself that I could do it. I am ready to have a new relationship with food. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and I will let everyone know how it turned out.

Wish me luck, please.