Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BIG FAT PEOPLE!

Seariously .. We're all Big Fat Friends :P

LOL.. Some is seriously wrong with my auto complete.. And the edit option won't work

My surgery was 1 year ago Monday and I meet with my surgeon next Monday. We also have a one year nutrition class. I'm over 95% toward my goal!! I still have problems though with my trigger foods. I choose not to eat rolls or bread because I want more and I know I still need my Protein. Will be interested in what they say at our class as everyone there will be one year out!! It's hard to watch others eat bread and some of those things I use to love, but I love that I could buy smaller clothes!! Wish I was addicted to exercise but I'm not. Once my biopsy on my leg heals, I can swim again...(Stitches out tomorrow and results....Dr. was pretty sure one on my back and this one are benign). I'm almost 67 so also trying to do brain exercises as my mom wasn't heavy but had alzeimer's. I'm wearing the size she wore which I have never done.

Seariously .. We're all Big Fat Friends :P

Bahahaaaa!

I am addicted to food, via my emotions and brain. It's a tough place to be sometimes but, it works out if you work on yourself.

Happy Surgiversary! Eleven months ago I started lurking on the site. Your posts were the first ones that stuck a chord in me. They still do to this day. I admire how you relate and what you share. I appreciate the time you give to all of us. *hug*

Happy surgiversary!! You looked amazing in June... and now you are in the 140's! Woohoo!

Happy surgiversary!! You looked amazing in June... and now you are in the 140's! Woohoo!

Hi! I was thinking about that day not to long ago.

I felt good that day (and it was really nice meeting you and your son) :)

The pants that I was wearing are long gone in the "to big throw them out" pile :)

I feel the same though... It's funny you really don't see it when it's yourself.

I sent clothes to a fellow sleever in Mo., have given away lots of clothes to friends and their family members, as well as donating them. Even clothes with spots can be recycled if you find out who will take them. Nothing has gone to waste except my underwear....not even the bras. Think about that instead of throwing them away. I have a new closet full of clothes, and will be searching again for summer things.

PS.....Lots of them are hand me downs from friends and family, too...Not all "new". Love consignment shops and second hand stores!!

Well I would think that anyone needing WLS unless it was from a medical condition are all food addicts. I mean we didn't get obese because we hated food. I'm a sugar addict and a food addict. I did not get to 300lbs by eating salad lol

Ok. I will admit to not reading all the posts in this thread so my apologies if this was asked somewhere in the middle.

How do you know you are a food addict? Seriously, I've never researched this.

Ok. I will admit to not reading all the posts in this thread so my apologies if this was asked somewhere in the middle. How do you know you are a food addict? Seriously, I've never researched this.

Hi :) personally I was/ am a sneak eater binger.

food ADDICTION

Food addiction manifests itself in the uncontrollable craving for excess food that follows the ingestion of refined carbohydrates, primarily sugar and flour substances that are quickly metabolized and turned into sugar in the bloodstream.

Due to those uncontrollable cravings, a food addict's quality of life deteriorates when he or she eats sugar, flour or wheat. It can deteriorate physically, emotionally, socially and/or spiritually.

If any of the following symptoms are familiar to you, you may be a food addict:

Physical Symptoms of Food Addiction

• Do you think you cannot control your intake of food, especially junk food or high sugar foods?

• Have you tried different diets or weight loss programs, but none has worked permanently?

• Have you found yourself vomiting, using laxatives, diuretics, or exercising a lot to avoid a weight gain after you have eaten a lot?

Many food addicts are obese and have tried numerous methods for weight control (diets, drugs, surgery, etc.) yet nothing has created a permanent solution. Other food addicts have never been obese. Their physical weight has been controlled by extreme measures such as excessive exercise, purging through vomiting or laxatives (bulimia), or the severe and unhealthy limiting of food substances(anorexia). No matter which version of food addiction fits you, all of these symptoms become more severe with time and eventually lead to physical problems that can create an early and sometimes painful death.

Emotional Symptoms of Food Addiction

• Do you find yourself feeling depressed, hopeless, sad or ashamed about your eating or your weight?

• Do you find yourself eating when you are upset or reward yourself with food when you do something good?

• Have you ever noticed after eating sugar, flour, or wheat that you become more irritable?

Food addicts notice that their emotions become more severe, intense, or unreasonable when eating the addictive substances. For many food addicts, emotional life may deteriorate into despair, depression, or thoughts of suicide.

Social Symptoms of Food Addiction

• Do you eat in private so no one will see you?

• Do you avoid social interactions because you feel you do not look good enough or do not have the proper fitting clothes to wear?

• Do you steal other people’s food?

• Are you more interested in what food is served at social gatherings than looking forward to the warmth of being with the people attending?

A food addict’s social life is affected by intense obsessive thinking about food. Making eye contact with people and taking an interest in developing friendships or intimate relationships become secondary to locating and eating addictive foods. Food addicts often hide or steal foods and eat in secret.