Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BIG FAT PEOPLE!

Laura. Just curious since you are so much farther out than I am. How much food can you consume in one sitting? I don't mean cheap liquor and expensive chocolate either.

Oh no it's expensive liquor and cheap chocolate!!

Don't get it twisted! :P

I'd say between my 6th and 7th month the amount and the hunger urges "up" themselves

(Pretty typical) and no it not because I didn't use my sleeve correctly and stretched it!

I can eat what seems like limitless amounts of crap food. cheese it's, sweets, chips,

I still have restriction on dense Proteins but I can definitely eat more! I can easily eat a burger patty and a few fries. As I did over the vacation.

I also ate two slices of wood fired (pizza sans crust). I get full but I am able to eat again soon after so it's about trying to have more control.

The old loops of snacking start to play again.

I think like any "diet" after a while you are not wound as tight with the rules and restrictions, because your totally healed and nothing is "off limits anymore"

I was extra cautious and never experimented with things that could of been hard on my sleeve like breads, Pasta, rice.

But I know I can eat those things with no issues this far out.

It's literally like having a kid in a candy store!

I still measure my Protein and foods when having a meal because if I didn't I would eat more.

So yesterday when eating Turkey lunch meat I measured 3oz and 1 tablespoon of hummus but I could of eaten a lot more of that snack.< /p>

Lol.. Side note I think I eat a lot.

But as I'm sitting here my husband downed a plate of French toast and Syrup. As he gets up right now I asked him where he was going he tells me I'm going to go have some breakfast! Then tells me "don't judge me" :P

Oh no it's expensive liquor and cheap chocolate!!

Don't get it twisted! :P

I'd say between my 6th and 7th month the amount and the hunger urges "up" themselves

(Pretty typical) and no it not because I didn't use my sleeve correctly and stretched it!

I can eat what seems like limitless amounts of crap food. cheese it's, sweets, chips,

I still have restriction on dense Proteins but I can definitely eat more! I can easily eat a burger patty and a few fries. As I did over the vacation.

I also ate two slices of wood fired (pizza sans crust). I get full but I am able to eat again soon after so it's about trying to have more control.

The old loops of snacking start to play again.

I think like any "diet" after a while you are not wound as tight with the rules and restrictions, because your totally healed and nothing is "off limits anymore"

I was extra cautious and never experimented with things that could of been hard on my sleeve like breads, Pasta, rice.

But I know I can eat those things with no issues this far out.

It's literally like having a kid in a candy store!

I still measure my Protein and foods when having a meal because if I didn't I would eat more.

So yesterday when eating Turkey lunch meat I measured 3oz and 1 tablespoon of hummus but I could of eaten a lot more of that snack.< /p>

Thank you! It's good to know what's coming. :)

That sounds about the right amount of food to eat in a meal. However, it depends on what type of Protein you are eating. I can eat way more soft chicken (5-7 ounces) then I can steak or hamburger (3-4 ounces). My sleeve must not like beef that much because it feels like a rock every time I eat it. So I tend to eat chicken or pork most of the time. And not just chicken breasts, but chicken meatballs and chicken patties. I currently am loving the bbq chipotle chicken patties from costco. So good! I do struggle with eating a lot of veggies after protein. I am most successful with salad or with steamed broccoli or Brussels sprouts. Probably others work well, but these are my favorites. Other steamed or cooked veggies like string Beans and zucchini or squash often lead to slimies. It is a toss up with how well I do with raw veggies. Red bell peppers are my favorite, but I have to be sure to chew a lot or I get a really bad case of slimes or worse case, they come up. You have to pay attention to what works well for you and if you want to eat more, perhaps pick certain non slider foods ( sorry, no cheesits).

Hi! I have the Peanut Butter Quest bars and I hate them. Anyone can have them. I'll mail them to you. Just message me with the address. Wait..I'd better check them for expiration date. 9/20/13 Have 8 left. I still have Protein Shake or bar every day as I'm on higher Protein, even though I'm almost 8 months out. Going down, but slow.

I have to fix the Barilla plus Pasta for me and the kind he'll eat. Eats meat, potatoes, and no fruits and vegetables. Throw away food because I buy the fresh and can't eat all of it. Guess I'll go to frozen instead and just make what I can eat.

Oh yes "cheese it's" were a vacation F up!

No more vacations for me! :D

I find it interesting you still get the "slimes"

Andy, I've never had that problem.

I eat raw cabbage and carrots shreds every week with my chicken that I boil as a quick and filling meal.. No problems.

I don't eat much red meat. But the burger patty I had in vacation was fine. And I also had a bite of prime rib no problems. I really don't think anything would give me issues unless I forced to much in..

Hi! I have the Peanut Butter Quest bars and I hate them. Anyone can have them. I'll mail them to you. Just message me with the address. Wait..I'd better check them for expiration date. 9/20/13 Have 8 left. I still have Protein Shake or bar every day as I'm on higher protein' date=' even though I'm almost 8 months out. Going down, but slow.[/quote']

Oh you enabler! I almost said yes!! :P

Laura- I still get slimes all the time. Most of the time it is my fault because I have never been good with the 20 minute rule. I have come to know what foods lead to them and then eat those a little slower. Once a food shoveler always a food shoveler. :) however, I am really good about quantity so never eat too much in a meal. I think my ability to shovel was really fine tuned and honed to a science starting in college because I never had time to eat with taking 18 credits and working 3 jobs to pay for it. It continued into my adult life because I never had time to eat lunch and sometimes dinner because always working on the computer coding. Oh well, what is done is done. I am an old dog who has learned many tricks. The best I can do is learn new tricks. WLS has helped with this by helping me design a good nutrition and fitness lifestyle.

Butter and I were talking about this a few weeks ago. He and I still shovel food into our pie holes with lighting speed.

It doesn't make us sick. I really think its the luck of the draw...

I learned to eat lunch quickly after teaching and trying to get 28 2nd graders quiet enough to go to lunch which was 25 min by the end of my career. If I wait too long and eat too fast, I still get sick. I but the eggs and don't fix them as I've been sick too many times. Can only eat half a burger.. If it is the ground sirloin. Still working on not drinking when eating as I love my coffee..

I still shovel my food in at times with no consequences :ph34r: . I am so lucky that it doesn't cause me to throw up. :P I do get frustrated when eating with family because I finish my meal quickly and then have to watch them eat their food. :P

just got back from a week in Destin Fla. Ate a lot of fresh seafood, made BBQ shrimp on the beach. Indulged in a glass or three of some fine wines. Ran every day on the beach, but mostly just laid around. Came home with a 1 lb loss....felt really good.... :)

just got back from a week in Destin Fla. Ate a lot of fresh seafood' date=' made BBQ shrimp on the beach. Indulged in a glass or three of some fine wines. Ran every day on the beach, but mostly just laid around. Came home with a 1 lb loss....felt really good.... :)[/quote']

Welcome back!

I stressed about gains while on vacation but came back unscathed! Now it's just about getting my head back in the game.

But you lost weight?? Show off :P

The beach sounds nice. We toured every sweltering hot place there was..,

Thank you I needed that.

The thing that makes me want to punch someone around here is when I hear someone say they ate a cupcake or drank a chocolate shake and it broke their stall. First of all....correlation does not equal causation. Secondly, many a cupcake has been eaten without weight being lost. In fact, it's usually gained. So you ate a cupcake and the next day you lost 2 pounds....doesn't mean it was the cupcake. Logic dictates it was not the cupcake. Hell I can lose 2 pounds doing my morning poop.

Totally agree--and if they ate a cupcake and lost 2 lbs, perhaps they would have lost 3 lbs had they not eaten the cupcake....