Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Life~If you're out there, I want you to know that you have been on my mind all day today. Hope things are looking better today.

Lifesaver~ Adding my hugs to the rest. So sorry, wish I could do more than send you cyber hugs. (((HUGS)))

Dee~ Girl I am glad you are so happy. Enjoy it! You deserve it. Please be careful though!!

I know firsthand how wonderful a relationship can be starting online. That is how I met my terrific husband. I also went through all the same anxiety, and wondered how he could love me, fat as I was. The wonderful thing about us meeting online is we fell in love with each other and were not influenced by physical appearances. Once you love the person, they become the most beautiful person you ever met.

What I am trying to say is, my husband probably wouldn't have turned my head if I passed him on the street, but he is simply the most adorable and handsome man I know! :embaressed_smile: :huh2:

Well ladies I had my first stuck/puke episode tonight. I am so mad at myself. :lol: I had an egg salad sandwich on toast and that was fine. About 2 hours later my hubby cooked up some burgers so I decided to have a meat patty. Well they were super lean burgers so they were pretty dry. I had maybe 4 bites and I just knew it wasn't going to work. So I stopped eating and gave the rest to hubby.

About 10 minutes later I was sliming like crazy and my chest hurt. I was so mad. I wasn't hungry, why oh why did I eat the stupid meat patty?

After a good 15 minutes of sliming it finally came up. I don't care what anyone calls it, it is puking. I felt instantly better though! No more meat patties for me for awhile!! :w00t:

At least I know for sure I have some restriction now. :) I had been so careful all week too!! Ugh.

Oh and I had my HIDA scan today. It was painless and BORING. Should get the results within the week hopefully.

Hey Mal. Didn't get to meet the furry friend yet . . . trying to set something up for tomorrow. My swelling finally went down a few days ago. Last week I looked very pregnant. And I kept holding my tummy like pregnant women do It was weird. I still can't quite do the top button on my pants, but it's way better than it was.

Well, guys I am in Denver. I came to the conclusion that I hate flying and will probably never do it again. I tried to save money and bought cheap tickets with 2 layovers. I had to board 3 different planes and go up and down three times. Well, I was sick through the first two but managed to not throw up....but the last flight was so bumpy going down, I couldn't help it. I even took motion sickness medicine. I have not been right since. I can't get rid of this headache either. I don't know how I am going to manage going home after surgery. I called the airline to see if I could change to a non-stop flight but it would cost me like $500.00 per person....are they crazy! I decided to go on standby and call early Saturday morning to see if I could get a non-stop flight. Let's hope and pray. My daughter was scared to death on that last flight and does not want to get on another plane.

It was really hard leaving my little son to come here. I hope I did the right thing. To top it all off, while in my sick state, I did not pay attention to my daughter when she grabbed her suitcase and guess what....when she opened it back at the hotel, she had the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will have to go back in the morning to see if they found hers and turn this one back in.

Well, I hope everything goes ok for surgery.

Sunshine: how did it go with Dr. K. How long did it take??? Good luck tomorrow.

Hey there 'dorkable. Glad you got your scan done today. It will be interesting to hear the results.

Okay, the puking thing sounds kinda' awful. I'm really going to have to be careful. I really like meat.

Well, guys I am in Denver. I came to the conclusion that I hate flying and will probably never do it again. I tried to save money and bought cheap tickets with 2 layovers. I had to board 3 different planes and go up and down three times. Well, I was sick through the first two but managed to not throw up....but the last flight was so bumpy going down, I couldn't help it. I even took motion sickness medicine. I have not been right since. I can't get rid of this headache either. I don't know how I am going to manage going home after surgery. I called the airline to see if I could change to a non-stop flight but it would cost me like $500.00 per person....are they crazy! I decided to go on standby and call early Saturday morning to see if I could get a non-stop flight. Let's hope and pray. My daughter was scared to death on that last flight and does not want to get on another plane.

It was really hard leaving my little son to come here. I hope I did the right thing. To top it all off, while in my sick state, I did not pay attention to my daughter when she grabbed her suitcase and guess what....when she opened it back at the hotel, she had the wrong one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I will have to go back in the morning to see if they found hers and turn this one back in.

Well, I hope everything goes ok for surgery.

Sunshine: how did it go with Dr. K. How long did it take??? Good luck tomorrow.

OH NO!!! That sounds like a terrible time. Make sure you tell Dr. K that you got airsick. You'll want to make sure that it doesn't happen on the way home if at all possible. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You're meeting the ladies at RR, right? That will be fun.

Mini~ Yeah it sucked. I have had tightness before with some things and always wondered if that meant I was stuck. Well there is no wondering what stuck feels like... you will know. I made it 6 months though without any episodes... and I hope I never have another one again. I knew after the first bite it wasn't working but I had three more. Listen to your body and you should be fine!!! I was stupid tonight and didn't listen.

Oh Bella. That sounded like such a rough flights over. So sorry you got airsick. Hopefully the anti nausea the prescribe will nix that. I also hope you can get back on standby with a direct flight. Maybe they will be nice and do it if you explain. ((hugs))

Lap~ Girl, how special for your grand baby to have art from grandma on her nursery walls. So neat. They are very special. Thanks for sharing. Loved the belly portrait!

Well, as you can see I am not FAT anymore (I wish it was that easy). My new username is Italian for "beautiful loser". I am full-blooded Italian and I wish I knew how to speak more of the language. I had to go online to figure out how to say this.

I hope Dr. K. gives me some good stuff for nausea for the ride home.

Bella...I love, love, love your new name. Most fitting.

Mini-That is the most awesome treehouse of all time! I'm sooooo jelly bean!!!!

Mal (and everyone), I'm doing ok today. I had minor surgery on my other foot today so I didn't get any exercise in. The foot that I had done last week is now infected and hurting. The doc took care of that one today too and hopefully after a few days of antibiotics I will be able to run again. I ate too much today but I have already forgiven myself and I'm ready to start tomorrow anew. Thanks to everyone for your concern. I'm going to be at RR tomorrow for any of you that are planning on going. I haven't seen a roster yet so who out there is going to dinner with us?

Lap, are you the artist on the stomach? Is that your stomach? If so, how ever did you paint that upside down?

To the newest bandsters....my warmest wishes for your quick recovery and successful banding. We are very excited to be a part of your journey.

Off to bed.

lifesaver: thanks, I love my new name alot better. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Adorkable: my I ask what a HIDA scan is?

My daughter and I will be at the RR. I know some of you are from the Denver area, but anyone live near West Virginia?

Bella-I am so excited for you to be there awaiting your surgery. Dr.K will give you a scopalomine patch behind your ear which will help with nausea and motion sickness, and I believe he also gives you Zofran which is dissolved under the tongue. Zofran is an antinausea medication that usually works pretty good. IMO, the scopalomine patch was a lifesaver. I usually get very naueous from anesthesia and I didn't have any nausea this time at all.

A HIDA scan is a nuclear medicine test that shows if your gallbladder is emptying the way it is supposed to empty.

Mini-your tent is sooooo very cool. What a view. Wow!! I was hoping we would get to hear about the potential new fur baby, but I guess I will have to be patient. :frown: I saw a Mini Cooper yesterday and grinned from ear to ear because it reminded me of you. (It was not nearly as cool as Penelope though!) All I could think was "There's a Mini mobile!!"

Adork-I hope your test results are ok!

Shelbi-Hey lady!! Sounds like you are doing great on your mini challenge! Keep up the good work! You and Dee rock!

Mal-Give that Buster dog a hug and kiss for me!! My doggies are all sacked out right now, sound asleep (like I should be)!

Lap-You are an AMAZING artist!! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!!:eek:

Brandy-how is your FIL?

Well, I went for my appointment with my PCP. He said he only wants me to get down to about 160 pounds, which would mean I only have to lose approximately 30 more pounds!!???:eek: While that would be nice, I would still like to lose a little more than that. But wouldn't that be great to only have 30 to go? I keep meaning to ask my fill doctor what goal weight he would like to see me reach, and I forget every time. Sigh...old age and memory loss are a b*tch sometimes! (Another thing night shift is good for...blaming your memory loss on sleep deprivation!):lol:

Hi, All! Okay, this is worse than a drive-by post. (I haven't had a chance to catch up on the past posts!)

Dee and others~ I can't make it tonight. :lol::frown: My company is still here. I thought they were leaving Tues., which would have made tonight fine. But they are leaving tomorrow. So! I sure will miss you all...but! I'll be at the BBQ. I hope you have a great time, and don't forget to post the pics!!!!:biggrin2:

Hey All -- Just wanted to drop a line before we head out of town, we are leaving in about 2 hours (alot of last minute stuff to do). Have fun at RR without me tonight, I will miss you all.

Bella -- Love the new name it fits a whole lot better. Good luck with your surgery I'll be thinking of you.

Lap -- Amazing art work, I wish someone would have done that on by belly. Hopefully when I get back there will be baby news.

Life -- As always I'm thinking of you.

Dee & Mini -- Have a great week and weekend, talk to you next week.

Hello lap band ladies!

Hotmomma, have a FABULOUS trip.

Munckin - that makes me happy that you thought of me when you saw a MINI. I can't believe how much I love my silly car. Still trying to make arrangements to meet the fur baby. I can't wait.

Bella- are you feeling better today???

Life - take care of your foot and the rest of you as well.

Woofay - arrrgghhh!!!! Houseguests! I'm awful, but I love when my hubby and I are just home alone with our pets. I'm really selfish.

Well, I'm down another 1/2 pound today. I know it's not all that much, but for me it's a major deal. I've lost 8 lbs. in two weeks . . . I've always been lucky to lose 1-1.5 lbs per week. So I'm really pleased.