Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Dear Lap - I am so sorry about your back pain. Weight loss helps but not much. It's strange but our abdominal muscles play a huge role in how well supported our back is. If we have weak abs then our stomach will fall forward (penni - oh don't we love it?!?) and literally pull our spine out of alignment. If it stays that way long enough there can be some damage. What I'm hoping for you is when you have your plastic surgery in December that it will decrease your low back pain. You actually have an added strain on your back with your breast size and the reduction there will help as well. I think as you continue to lose wt and with your ps in Dec you will get some relief. A neurologist will probably want to put off doing anything until after your ps unless you have a pinched nerve. This is only my opinion based on what you have said in the past so please don't make any decisions from this. But there is hope for relief with the steps you are taking right now.

Your artwork for your granddaughters room is beautiful!

Now that I have a Weight Ticker I can't open the place to update it. How do I do that? I think I saved it incorrectly when I made it. I love technology but sometimes I get really frustrated with it.

When I click on the place right above mine where it says tickerfactory or whatever, it takes me right to the place I need to go to change it.

Lap: Great artwork!

To those who replied about achin' feet/knees: thanks for confirming what I thought. my doc today took xray of right knee; looks like possible torn miscus (?)...next step is mri to confirm. Right now, it isn't acting up, of course. So we are on a "wait and see" mode. He agreed; wait until after surgery and some weight loss to see what the effects might be.

To those getting ready for surgery tomorrow(?): good luck and am thinking of you.

Mini, be careful about all these invites to the bench; there won't be room for my big ass on it!:embaressed_smile:

Lap: Great artwork!

To those who replied about achin' feet/knees: thanks for confirming what I thought. my doc today took xray of right knee; looks like possible torn miscus (?)...next step is mri to confirm. Right now, it isn't acting up, of course. So we are on a "wait and see" mode. He agreed; wait until after surgery and some weight loss to see what the effects might be.

To those getting ready for surgery tomorrow(?): good luck and am thinking of you.

Mini, be careful about all these invites to the bench; there won't be room for my big ass on it!:embaressed_smile:

Well, by the time your ass shows up, everyone else's asses will be a little bit smaller, so we'll squeeze you in somehow. :huh2:

Okay, here are some new pics from the treehouse. It's starting to come together. The first two are interior pics, the last is of the view from the window wall.

post-48386-13813666837715_thumb.jpg

post-46516-13813666838456_thumb.jpg

post-31248-13813666838746_thumb.png

post-237897-13813137339031_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137339358_thumb.jpg

post-237897-13813137339657_thumb.jpg

Hi Mini - Thanks for the "Ticker" lesson. I actually did not import my first ticker correctly and had to start over. I think it's OK now.

Great pics of the treehouse - the view is breathtaking!

We love the view. I grew up in Moab, Ut (red, red rocks) and lived for a time in Eugene (trees, trees, trees) and I love them both. So when we found a place with red rocks AND trees, we knew we were in the right place.

Sidann - Thanks. I'm plowing down the scale and will probably crank it up a notch with more Liquid Protein and less calories to get there quicker. Kids wanted to go for a walk but the pain it causes after five minutes is just scarey. I fear I will get stuck and they will have to go get a vehicle to pick me up..................................................Today's art work. Mural on the belly:Starry Starry NAVELIMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

Good evening, all. Lots happening here in the last few days. Whew..tough to keep up with it all:smile:Mini: glad to hear you aren't suffering too badly and are losing pounds, too! helps my nerves to read those good things!

I have been on paxil for about 7 years. Went from teaching at a school for 23 years and having seniority to a new school in a temporary position. The job was GREAT, so I couldn't figure out why i felt as if i had pressure on my chest, couldn't breathe or sleep. Dr. told me it was anxiety. I couldn't figure out why since life was going great. He explained any kind of change can do it. When I inquired about how long I would have to take it, he said forever. I have found that to be true. If I don't refill a prescription for a few days, I find my body starts to react oddly, my head feels buzzy, start to shake. True, such drugs do impact the libido, but I wonder if our weight doesn't have some impact on that also.

My two cents:unsure:

Hmmm, I'm crossing that drug off the potential candidate list then.

All-

The advice, caveats, sharing of experiences, and science lessons have all been incredibly helpful and make me feel better about the idea. I'm still a bit hestitant, but I do agree, my moodiness is not good for me or my family. I think we all deserve me at least attempting to give it a try... now I have to decide if I ask my PCP or see a psychiatrist (my psychotherapist is the one that suggested the drugs...so I kinda think her suggesting it probably means I am really depressed... )

Tina

Because food is like a drug to me and has been for so many years, when I was not able to eat all that crap for the food buzz, the emotions in me went nuts. Doctor put me on Effexir. My moods stablized in about two weeks.

Mini~WOW, the tent looks WONDERFUL!! I can't imagine a nicer place to be to get away. You are very forunate to have a beautiful piece of property. Did I notice a doggie kennel???...LOL How did the "meeting" go with the new furry friend?

and, you look great of course! no swelling? WTG!

Lap~You are soooo amazing just so very cool!