Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Shelbi,

"Fake it til you make it!"

I have learned to live that way! When I was married, I spent my life faking it! But I realized over time that forcing myself to 'smile' when I didn't feel like it was actually helping me see things more positively and in the long run, helped me survive. If there is anything, I can do to help, let me know! The Oats, No Red and Moving is going well. I saw a big drop this week. I also think that the NO White Carbs and 30% Fats are helping too!

Well, guys, I have a nice little love story to tell you about. That guy that I met a month ago and I are still in contact and things are actually going extremely well. He insisted certain things and it made me feel I wasn't the right person for him, but we continued talking. We celebrated our One Month Anniversary on Saturday. He knows about the Band. I confessed and he wrote me the move loving and supportive letter. In my eyes, he's perfect for me. We plan to meet in October. I'm excited, anxious and just hoping no one wakes me from this sweet dream!

Hugs,

stephie~

Umm, I disagree on faking it... sexually or in life/relationships in general... if ya fake it, then the other party thinks that what they are doing is okay and there is no incentive to make things better... sexually or in other ways. You just end up cheating yourself and them. And resentment and frustration build up... initially it may feel like everything is okay, but eventually... :confused_smile: My motto is...tell them what works for you, show them (umm, men folks like that stuff), whatever... if they care...sexually, or again, in any other type of relationship, they will try to meet you halfway... or better yet, all the way! We deserve the best in every aspect of life and the other folks in our lives deserve to know what that is. Sorry, just my opinion...

As for the love possibility thing... You do realize that there are many men out there who love women of all sizes, that it's the inner beauty that matters most to them .. and some, who love bigger women exclusively too. You may have a guy who falls in one or both of those categories. Repeat after me... I am as beautiful and worthy of love as I believe I am... Because the truth is, you are. If you love yourself, others will love you too. Before the band or after the band... it's you, you, you that matters.... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, true; but it is also in the heart of the beholder too.

That's just my take on it...

Tina (on her soap box tonight)

Hi All,

It's not often I am willing to get this vulnerable publicly, but today is not a great day and I feel like if I want to break the cycle of emotional eating I should probably try and circumvent it with another activity....like talking.

Today I have been emotionally eating I think for a variety of reasons. I had a really bad hour and a half screaming session with my estranged father last week. It opened up a lot of old wounds that I thought were healed....or at least burried. My job is so overwhelming right now. I was recently promoted and put in charge of the biggest trainwreck in my company. It's a total crisis right now and we are in danger of losing national certifications that would result in millions of dollars of lost sales. All of this lands firmly in my lap....although I didn't create it, I am responsible for it now. It's a new product that I don't know anything about so I don't even know where to begin. My xboyfriend (whom I still care about very much) and I have agreed to have coffee to catch up. It's been a year and a half since we broke up and I haven't seen him and havent really spoken to him since. We are meeting up in a couple weeks but I can't stop thinking about it. I'm so worried about feeling rejected by him again. I still love him so much and I want him in my life. Of course, he doesn't know this and I'm imaginging both the worst and the best outcomes. I can't stop thinking about it and worrying about what he will think of me. ON top of it all, I just found out that my house taxes are being raised almost $400/month which I just cannot afford. This may force me into a forclosure. I've always had good credit and been very financially responsible, however I'm in a situation right now that I can't financially manage. I have a house in colorado Springs that is empty and I can't find renters, my roommate in Denver moved out, my taxes have gone up...way up, and I just can't figure out how to make it. I put the lap band surgery on my credit card (lower interest rate than the loan options) and that is looming over me also. I am humiliated that I have gotten myself into this situation. I don't have any family or friends I can rely on to help me out...there's just me. I wanted to leave work today and just go home and eat, and eat, and eat. However, I'm so worried that I will start an evil downward spiral that I have decided to do everything in my power right now to do something different. Not since my surgery have I had such a pull to emotionally eat. I know what foods I could get down right now that are very high calorie and would not make me pb....I want to sabotage myself so bad right now. The only thing that is going well for me right now is my weight loss progress and health. Interesting that it's the only thing I have left that can be sabotaged....and that's exactly what I feel compelled to do. I know that in order to get through all of the other icky stuff, my health, both physically and mentally, has to continue to be the #1 priority. Although I dont want to, here is what I am going to do instead of eating tonight:

1) go to the gym - work out for 1 hour----HARD

2)Call a friend and cry....(did that a few ago....)

3) Get a massage...luckily i have a free one saved up and Massage Envy and they are open late

4) Post on LBT and ask for support. (doing that now)

Thanks for listening guys. I'm going to the gym now.

Sweetie!

I want to give you a big hug and tell you that things will work out somehow.

First of all, you are doing exactly what you should be doing. You're coming here, venting and seeking support from those you know understand how it feels to want to eat everything and anything during highly emotional times. Secondly, look how you made your list of things to do instead of eat. That in itself is a victory! My Goodness, Rene, you are so much happening right now and you are in the right mind to list 4 different and totally doable things to keep your mind off of food. That is a triumph!

I am so sorry about your situation with your estranged father. Family problems suck! I do not know why some parents are not parental and they become toxic beings in our lives. The very people who were meant to be our biggest support. Bless you for having to endure that.

Honey, do you think that you could talk to a financial adviser who could help you organize your finances? Maybe they could work out a plan for you. I don't know, but I feel it is not something you should feel ashamed of. You had no control over your increase in taxes. $400.00 is a tremendous amount of money!

As far as your ex-boyfriend is concerned... I know how you're feeling. But Sweetie, if he was abusive to you, you need to try to move on. You are too good of a person to be with someone who doesn't appreciate you. Don't allow him, if he did or will, to ever abuse you, mentally or emotionally. You're working hard on becoming a healthy and happy person.

Lastly, is there someone you can talk to at your work, whom you trust and who has the power to make changes? Is there a way you can step down from the promotion? It doesn't seem fair that the worst trainwreck ended up in your lap and you are now responsible. I hated reading that. It made me angry!

I am so proud of you for coming here with your needs. We need you often and when you need all of us, we are here for you.

Don't forget it! AND if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

A Big Hug!

dee~

Umm, I disagree on faking it... sexually or in life/relationships in general... if ya fake it, then the other party thinks that what they are doing is okay and there is no incentive to make things better... sexually or in other ways. You just end up cheating yourself and them. And resentment and frustration build up... initially it may feel like everything is okay, but eventually... :smile2: My motto is...tell them what works for you, show them (umm, men folks like that stuff), whatever... if they care...sexually, or again, in any other type of relationship, they will try to meet you halfway... or better yet, all the way! We deserve the best in every aspect of life and the other folks in our lives deserve to know what that is. Sorry, just my opinion...

As for the love possibility thing... You do realize that there are many men out there who love women of all sizes, that it's the inner beauty that matters most to them .. and some, who love bigger women exclusively too. You may have a guy who falls in one or both of those categories. Repeat after me... I am as beautiful and worthy of love as I believe I am... Because the truth is, you are. If you love yourself, others will love you too. Before the band or after the band... it's you, you, you that matters.... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, true; but it is also in the heart of the beholder too.

That's just my take on it...

Tina (on her soap box tonight)

Tina, You're so sweet! I totally agree with you about faking it! I never faked it in my marriage. My ex knew exactly how I felt. I am a big communicator. I did however, fake it at work and when I was out in public. I tend to be pretty private, believe it or not, and working as the permanent night charge, I had to put on my happy face every night when I arrived at work. I had to fake that I was happy, even though my heart was breaking. I knew that no one wanted to see me crying my eyes out, every night at work!

In reference to my new man, he readily admits that the 'weight issue' would have easily been a deal breaker with anyone else. But he says that he realizes that I am someone he wants a relationship with and will do all he can to be with me. He admits that he doesn't want to say or do anything to hurt me - he accepts me. He has never dated or been with anyone who was obese. It's all new to him and to me. I haven't felt loved or appreciated in a very long time.

I know I need to love myself first and foremost. And I believe, I'm getting there, one day at a time.

You're very kind for addressing my needs... and you can jump up on that soap box anytime!

BTW, sexually, I never faked it! I never had to -- :confused_smile: Reaching that Brass Ring is just too enjoyable for me!

Hugs,

dee!

Tina, You're so sweet! I totally agree with you about faking it! I never faked it in my marriage. My ex knew exactly how I felt. I am a big communicator. I did however, fake it at work and when I was out in public. I tend to be pretty private, believe it or not, and working as the permanent night charge, I had to put on my happy face every night when I arrived at work. I had to fake that I was happy, even though my heart was breaking. I knew that no one wanted to see me crying my eyes out, every night at work!

In reference to my new man, he readily admits that the 'weight issue' would have easily been a deal breaker with anyone else. But he says that he realizes that I am someone he wants a relationship with and will do all he can to be with me. He admits that he doesn't want to say or do anything to hurt me - he accepts me. He has never dated or been with anyone who was obese. It's all new to him and to me. I haven't felt loved or appreciated in a very long time.

I know I need to love myself first and foremost. And I believe, I'm getting there, one day at a time.

You're very kind for addressing my needs... and you can jump up on that soap box anytime!

BTW, sexually, I never faked it! I never had to -- :tongue_smilie: Reaching that Brass Ring is just too enjoyable for me!

Hugs,

dee!

Be careful with your heart, but be willing to take chances (knowing what the risks are and being open to that) with it too... It's a tough line to walk. I met my boyfriend/domestic partner/significant other, 7 years ago this August on yahoo personals of all places (so I know its possible!). I was reluctant to meet him, because while he had seen my pic, he too had not dated someone large (I also dated a few others previously in the same situation" and know some can hurt your feelings/self-esteem too) and I normally only dated from the self-professed BBW lover pool. With Paul, it worked out well, he fit in the first category (although I suspect a bit in the second category too, just his initial attraction was socialized outta him :eek:) and I later learned that what attracted him was my self-confidence (I'm a Leo...so full of myself naturally).

Still, do be careful, because while I met my handsome prince, I met a lot of toads on the way (admittedly some of them were just plain "fun"!)... and sometimes let them too deeply into my heart too soon. Not trying to scare you or make you doubt your new guy, just telling ya to be careful from one former online dater to another. :wink2:

By the way, for a nurse, I do agree faking it there is a good thing. I wouldn't want to be near death and have my nurse look like she is mourning my impending death already. :tt1: And similarly, for folks that don't matter, I do bite my tongue... but not for the ones that matter.

When dating, you meet a few who can't get you to the brass ring (not all people are good lovers.. for many reasons). If they are worth it, ya work with them (well for a little bit anyhow... it is definitely part of the big picture for me.. some times ya can't teach an old dog a new trick or a new dog for that matter), if not, ya lose their phone number... Then again, sometimes ya luck out and never encounter the, umm, less talented... LOL Also depends on how many ya encounter too... :wub:

Hugs, Tina (damn I am self-centered...) (oh well...)

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support tonight. I just knew that when I got home tonight there would be a bunch of reassurance from you guys and there was. It made me cry (in a good way). I did as I planned. Worked out, got a massage, called a friend to cry and vented to you guys. I think I may have made up for those 25 hershey kisses I ate today:-) My problems didn't magically get solved in the last few hours, however I do feel stronger knowing I didn't let it get the best of me (this time). I will be ok and may have a few more weepy, weak moments...but I guess that's just life, right? Thank you everyone for just being who you are and for making this a safe place to be real.

So who's going to RR on Wed?

Denise...I wont be able to do lunch tomorrow. What about Friday? Or will you be out of town?

Hey Pals!! I feel like it has been forever since I posted. Wow. Only one week out here though.Daughter is big, achy, crabby and crying. Starting off by posting some pictures:Texas landscape:

Edited by Lap_dancer

>IMG_0685.jpg</p>

IMG_0677.jpgIMG_0662.jpg

Edited by Lap_dancer

BABY in the belly; alt="" />IMG_0624-1.jpgIMG_0621.jpg</p></p>

Edited by Lap_dancer

I have so many photos. Keeping my shutter busy.Lifesaver, hope the workout took some of that angst out of life for you.I hope a good night's rest has helped you realize you cannot possibly imagine the entire company accounts fall in your lap. Time for a meeting with your subordinates for suggestions. Golden orbes can come from meetings like this. I am wondering why you are taking on rekindling witih the ex rather than giving sister stress a break? I'd start looking for roommate but that's me. The past is the past and the future's so bright..gotta wear shades!more pics coming.

IMG_0625.jpg

Edited by Lap_dancer

Lap,

Your daughter is beautiful. You always take such great pictures!

It’s been real interesting; daughter had no cable so no TV is blaring. I rather like it.My son-in-law is awesome. You can only hold up pretenses under the same roof for so long and we have since gotten very comfortable. He is so patient with my daughter. -Even I’m not that patient. The baby is moving like crazy and my daughter is having Braxton Hicks. The funniest has been crawling into their Queen Size bed and rubbing her back middle of the night so her husband can get some sleep. Add to that the two dogs. I love dogs and helped raise one of them from a pup. The other one, Sadie, is a female, about a year and three months old. She’s a beautiful Pointer mix with the disposition of an ADD 7 year old without medication. (I take Ritalin so I have room to talk). She barks at a fly on the wall.I had an interesting experience the third night I was here. Flying is awesome, I love the view from the window seat. But I almost have to go into a meditative state, burn incense, wear Lotus flowers around my neck…you get the idea, because I do get keyed up. So I don’t eat the day before my flight nor the day of. By the day after my arrival I was somewhat hungry, by the second day, pretty much looking for some decent food by the third day I was ready for of all things STEAK. Steak! Not just any steak but Filet Mignon. I mean if you’re going to eat meat right??? We went to a steak house and I got a 5 ounce Filet Mignon and ate the whole thing!!! Can you believe it? Of course our dinner was a few hours long and the last few bites I gave to my son-in-law who has a hollow leg and can eat enough for a small country…but still. Wow, the next day I was hungry again. Today my appetite was gone. I had vegetables for dinner and Liquid Protein whey at Breakfast. BTW: The steak was killer and I am not a huge steak eater.I did some art yesterday for the baby’s room. I will take photos and post it.Hope everyone else is doing awesome. I’ll jump back on here when I can.Hugs to all. Have fun at RR Wednesday night.Patty in TEXAS…YEEEE HAW!!!

IMG_0497.jpg

Edited by Lap_dancer

Does the red-headed woman on top of home page remind anyone else of the comedian Kathi Griffin?:tongue_smilie:

OMG! Yes, yes, yes! I was thinking the same thing!

Dee - Your new man sounds like a keeper so far!

Mini -- Love the science lesson! Very interesting to me.

Lap -- Love the photos! Can't wait to see the art you've created for the baby's room.

My PCP said I was doing "fabulous". I never heard THAT before at a medical appointment. He said my cholesterol was fine, not to worry, just keep with the heart-healthy diet. He gave me samples of a new antidepressant -- Pristiq --he says his clients have had good results with it. We'll see. It's a time release, so no chewing it, but it's small and not a capsule so I'm swallowing that bad boy.

Happy Tuesday peeps. I'm off to mow the yard before it gets too hot.

Oh my dear Lifesaver, I am sorry I wasn't online lastnight (my laptop is about to die). I tried to get on and then it shut off!

I can imagine the heaviness you are feeling and the weight of your world crushing in and I am sorry to hear about it. There are things within our power to change and work with and then there are those that we feel helpless about. I am so proud of you that you were able to take charge and go to the gym, get a message, call a friend and post here...all very wise and very important for YOU. You have such great inner strength, I believe in you and that things will work out for you. I have heard that letting go of the toxic people in one's life is a huge yet challenging commitment, it must be difficult to have a parent be so toxic for you. Be true to yourself, keep your vision attuned and your personal power strong, you will work through this, one step at a time, one situation at a time. We are all here rooting you on!

You have many people that care about you here and we are all sending positive vibes your way.

:grouphug:sending you a group hug!

SOSSend sleep.< /p>

Deb~That lady at the top is Boo Boo Kitty, she has is a great inspiration. Search her postings, but yeah, I never noticed that she looks like Kathy Griffin...LOL

Shelbie~Congrats on your PCP appointment. I have a dear friend that is a Physician and I saw him over the weekend and he told me that I look wonderful. It is always difficult for me to accept compliments.

Lap~Your daughter is glowing, they look so in love!