Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gerald Kirshenbaum - Considering Dr. Kirshenbaum

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a beautiful day here in Parker Colorado!

I'm at work for my third day. I had such a day on Sunday, I told my manager, "Thanks! I think I now have Varicose Veins!" I stood up at my baby's bedside from 615am to 1530. It was insane! I was so happy that I am lighter, because I know I would not have been able to do that 6 months ago! My knees thank Dr. K!

You all know my philosophy with life... one small bite at a time! Well, I am finding it difficult taking tiny bites when it comes to this new man in my life. I am ready to just jump in with both feet and wade in the sweetness of being adored by someone! I honestly, don't think I've ever enjoyed this feeling before. It's difficult to not let my self doubt take over, but I'm trying to stay confident and say, "let me enjoy this moment of my life! let me live today and not worry about tomorrow!"

Tina, I'm a Leo too. So I know how we can be. I appreciate your thoughtful responses to me. You're a wise woman who has been where I am and I accept your advice because I know it is coming from your heart. Thank you!

Shelbi, how are things going with the Oats/No Red/Moving challenge? I bet you were just beaming when you're PCP complimented you! You have done so well! Be proud and give yourself a big pat on the back, but be careful not to hurt yourself. Maybe you should ask hubby to help with that!

Lap, I love your pictures! They are beautiful. Your daughter is so blessed to have you in her life and to have a man like her man, who is patient and loving! I bet you're just sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for that sweet baby girl!

Lifesaver, Are you going to be at Red Robin tomorrow night?

I can't wait to see you all! Be there or be square!

Love,

me~

Lifesaver: I add my hugs to everyone else's. Good job on taking steps to help yourself physically and emotionally.

Shelbi: Have you ever seen KG live? Too funny.

Question: those of you who experienced aching feet/tendons and bad knees, did some of that pain go away after losing some weight (like how much)? Am going to orthopedic surgeon today to have knee checked. Want to avoid surgery if weight loss might mitigate pain.:confused2:

Lifesaver: I add my hugs to everyone else's. Good job on taking steps to help yourself physically and emotionally.

Question: those of you who experienced aching feet/tendons and bad knees, did some of that pain go away after losing some weight (like how much)? Am going to orthopedic surgeon today to have knee checked. Want to avoid surgery if weight loss might mitigate pain.:confused2:

You're right about the Kathy Griffin thing. I kept thinking that woman looked familiar!

My knees and feet SUCK! While I haven't lost enough yet to comment, a few years ago I lost 30 lbs (then gained it back) but it made a huge difference in my knee and foot pain while the weight was gone, so I think it definitely makes a difference. I have hip problems too. I'm "double-jointed", so I have very lax tendons. The combo of extra weight and no support from my tendons has really taken a toll. I am soooo hoping that this will take care of some of the pain.

Hey Deb!

I have to tell you, my knees and feet hurt so bad before my surgery, I couldn't stand it. I'd work my shifts and could hardly walk to the parking lot. My knees just screamed with pain. I have a lot of arthritis in my left knee.

Since losing weight, my pain is 100% gone in the knees and my feet have improved about 80%. My heel pain is still there if I stand for hours, but it's about 75% improved.

For me, I'm just waiting to lose enough weight to not have to deal with my dependent edema.

I have a good friend who has had a total hip replacement. She's close to having her knees replaced. Her orthopod told her of a study they did in the UK that proved 89% of the patients who were on their way for total joint replacements -- after losing weight to a normal BMI -- avoided the surgery completely.

I think this is significant, don't you?

Hey All!Mal: I didn't know that was Boo. Cool!! Love how she has shared her pics with us from start to finish.I can feel the LUV flowing around here. New relationships popping up. It's awesome.Deb I would love to see Kathy Griffin live.I'll post the new artwork later today.

For all of you with joint problems, I am a physical therapist and I can say without a doubt you will decrease the pain in your joint significantly with even a 10-15% wt loss. I worked for an orthopedic group who did everything in their power to get people to lose 10% of their weight and begin some exercises before going through with surgery. Every patient who was able to follow through with it declined surgery. Since regular wt loss methods weren't very effective with me this band will save my joints. That is the one co-morbidity I didn't have with my weight but my mom has osteo & rheumatoid arthritis and has several joints replaced. However, she isn't overweight but the doctors I worked with were constantly nagging me about the risk I had of joint damage with my weight. But after that lecture (sorry - the teacher in me comes out sometimes)let me just say the wt loss after the band will drastically decrease your joint pain.

Now that I have a Weight Ticker I can't open the place to update it. How do I do that? I think I saved it incorrectly when I made it. I love technology but sometimes I get really frustrated with it.

Sidann I went to a plastic surgeon to talk about a Penni...off. My lower spine is bloody killing me at times. You are correct about joint pain decrease though, my feet no longer hurt at all period. My knees do not pop. But my lower back is the end of me sometimes and keep me popping pain killers. The surgeon suggested I see a neurologist. He also inferred "damage" from my weight. Any thoughts on that?

Art work from the baby's room as promised.The theme is Under the Sea. I have made mermaid pieces for the roomIMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0818.jpgIMG_0819.jpg

I love this oneIMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg